DVC Won! See PG 3.

stellablue

DIS Veteran
Anyone on here won this? Or anyone know of any links to articles of people who did?

Is this a lifetime membership with no fees or taxes??

While it is not lifetime, it is for the full 50 years that the purchased ones go for. This years was for 220 points, I'm not sure what the DVC giveaways will be next year. All fees and taxes are covered for the life of the membership for the dream. Winning the DVC would be my dream come true! :banana: Not sure if anyone has one or any links about it. Wish I did, I would love to know.

Wow, I didn't realize that was a prize. What a great prize. As far as the taxes go, I would be pretty sure you have to pay for them on your own. I won a T.V. one year (not from Disney) and they reported it to the government, at tax time I got the form in the mail with the value that was reported, as if it were income.

Wow, I didn't realize that was a prize. What a great prize. As far as the taxes go, I would be pretty sure you have to pay for them on your own. I won a T.V. one year (not from Disney) and they reported it to the government, at tax time I got the form in the mail with the value that was reported, as if it were income.

The taxes and fees are covered! That is what makes that prize THAT much more appealing. I don't remember the exact amount, but they said the prize was worth around $80,000 or so???? Someone else here will have the exact amount. But the fees and taxes for 50 years adds up quite a bit. I would LOVE to win that prize!

No the taxes and fees are paid like someone above said. Disney sends you a check for like $20,000 or something similar.

Someone won in Disneyland about 6 months ago.

I'm gonna win that DVC prize.. oh yes, it will be mine!!! :cool1: :banana:

I am sorry but i would like to know how I could win this. What do you have to do?

We will be leaving for the world on November 10th and with all the positive energy I am saving up, I guess I will be the lucky winner of the DVC.:rotfl2:

I read on a board here that one DVC prize was won by a someone at Downtown Disney. That would be quite a surprise! :goodvibes

Wow I didnt know you could win stuff at DTD!

It sounds amazing and I would be sooo happy to win this, but if I had my choice, I think I'd still choose a night at the castle.

DVC can always be saved up for. The night at the castle is a once in a lifetime!!

DVC can always be saved up for. The night at the castle is a once in a lifetime!!

yes but DVC is literally the gift that keeps on giving! for most of your lifetime! I'd much rather win that.. than have one night of a great thing.. but hey, that's just me. good luck everyone! :thumbsup2

Wow I didnt know you could win stuff at DTD!

It sounds amazing and I would be sooo happy to win this, but if I had my choice, I think I'd still choose a night at the castle.

Are you nuts?

50 years of trips FOR FREE, or one night in the castle?

C'mon now.

This is why I keep sending in my postcard. I am hoping to win the DVC.
WDW has to have a prize winner's list. I saw it on here this past summer.

You can win at DTD. I think someone posted how their dd was sitting on a bench in DTD and won a major prize.

Are you nuts?

50 years of trips FOR FREE, or one night in the castle?

C'mon now.
It's all a matter of perspective. I live literally next door to Disney World, so 50 trips isn't as exciting to me when I can just grab my AP and jump in the car anytime. But the castle is not something I can do at will!

I doubt that they pay the income taxes. When they say that the taxes are included, it could just mean the normal taxes you would pay each time you visit and stay using the DVC. Income taxes on prizes is something that I'm not sure you could win. I know someone who won a lot of prizes on a game show, and she sold half of them on the spot back to the show to cover the taxes on all of it.

I doubt that they pay the income taxes. When they say that the taxes are included, it could just mean the normal taxes you would pay each time you visit and stay using the DVC. Income taxes on prizes is something that I'm not sure you could win. I know someone who won a lot of prizes on a game show, and she sold half of them on the spot back to the show to cover the taxes on all of it.

Disney isn't going to write a check to IRS for you, but the description of each of the major prizes (travel, DVC) includes a specified cash payment that the winner can apply towards taxes. Of course, the winner can do whatever he/she wants to do with the money!;)

Here's the description of the 2007 DVC prize:
Approximate retail value ("ARV") of each Grand Prize: US $83,701, which includes (i) the conveyance of a real estate interest in Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa or other Disney Vacation Club Resort chosen by Sponsor represented by 220 vacation points at the current membership price of US$22,220; and (ii) the payment of all annual dues (excluding any special assessments) during the time that the winner owns the real estate interest, which has an estimated value of US$35,559 (based upon the 2006 annual dues of US$3.98 per Vacation Point, escalated at 5% per year and discounted at 5.6%, the current Applicable Federal Rate, over 48 years); and (iii) any exchange fees incurred by the winner during the time that the winner owns the real estate interest, in exchanging, from time to time, the winner's vacation points for other vacation destinations, which has an estimated value of US$812 (assuming the winner exchanges vacation points every three years and a current exchange fee of US$95 escalated at 2.43% per year and discounted at 5.6%, the current Applicable Federal Rate, over 48 years); and (iv) a cash prize equal to US$25,110 to help defray payment of taxes payable as a result of winning the prize. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty that the cash portion of this prize will be sufficient to pay winner's tax liability.

Disney isn't going to write a check to IRS for you, but the description of each of the major prizes (travel, DVC) includes a specified cash payment that the winner can apply towards taxes. Of course, the winner can do whatever he/she wants to do with the money!;)

Here's the description of the 2007 DVC prize:

AND...you will be taxed on the $$ that you are given to pay the taxes (according to a CPA friend)...you will still come out paying at least some of the taxes yourself...HOWEVER, I would still love to win this prize!!

I don't know, my aunt won a car from Ford this summer, and they sent her a check for $10,000 to cover her tax, tag, title and income tax. Even after she does her taxes, she will not pay one penny out of pocket. And, yes she has to pay taxes on the $10,000- but it still evened out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter