DVC Won! See PG 3.

It's all a matter of perspective. I live literally next door to Disney World, so 50 trips isn't as exciting to me when I can just grab my AP and jump in the car anytime. But the castle is not something I can do at will!

DVC isn't just for Disney trips. You can use DVC points to stay at various resorts around the world. Or you can use your points to take a Disney cruise too!:thumbsup2

Of course I wouldn't turn down a night in the Castle given the opportunity.:goodvibes

AND...you will be taxed on the $$ that you are given to pay the taxes (according to a CPA friend)...you will still come out paying at least some of the taxes yourself...HOWEVER, I would still love to win this prize!!

Yes, that may be true, depending on the prize-winner's tax bracket after the value of the prize is added to his/her regular income. The $25,110 cash payment is 30% of the total DVC prize value of $83,701. So it might cover the tax liability unless the prize bumped you past the 28% tax rate.

And I'd love to win this one, too!! :banana:

I don't know, my aunt won a car from Ford this summer, and they sent her a check for $10,000 to cover her tax, tag, title and income tax. Even after she does her taxes, she will not pay one penny out of pocket. And, yes she has to pay taxes on the $10,000- but it still evened out

I am sure it depends on your tax bracket and/or the type of "creative accounting" who-ever does your taxes might be able to come-up with. Anything given to you as a "prize", even the $$$ portion that is supposed to be to cover your taxes on the prize, must be taxed...otherwise the IRS would not be very happy that they did not get their portion. I think for the most part, the high amount that is given for the DVC prize would end up covering the tax but again, it would depend on the individual person's tax liability & situation.

Man, oh, man!

I did not realize that the DVC was a DREAM! Now I've really gotta do better when we go in January!

I think I asked this before, but is there a list of winners some where?

I think I asked this before, but is there a list of winners some where?

Not yet...I think there is a place listed (in the YOMD official rules) that tells you where the list will be posted...but not until after the entire 2007 year promotion is over.

Jan 07, we didn't realize it at the time :confused: but my DDs 7 & 4 played a game with the dream squad :goodvibes & received certificates :flower3: .

I can't wait till Jan 08, because dreams do come true & it really would become "my home away from home" party:

This is why I keep sending in postcards as well!

Jan 07, we didn't realize it at the time :confused: but my DDs 7 & 4 played a game with the dream squad :goodvibes & received certificates :flower3: .

I can't wait till Jan 08, because dreams do come true & it really would become "my home away from home" party:

Sadly next year no dvc prize:guilty: but the $ value of all next years surposed to be greater than this years
Paulh

That would be the most awesome prize ever!!

Can you imagine, 50 years of Disney vacations?!?!?!?!

I sooooooooooooooooo want to win this! (Don't we all?)

I posted a thread above...my bosses granddaughter won the DVC while at MK on 11/25. Very cool on their first day of vacation. I can't wait to see the pix.

My plan is to win the DVC dream and then on one of my trips while using it to win the night in the castle, LOL!!!

Did anyone else see this over on the DVC Misc. thread. I've been telling posters over on my board I moderate- WDW Trip Boards, how I send in post cards and I would be the winner of the DVC prize. Well someone let me know, that a DIS member won my Dream.

Here is a link:

I am happy a DIS member won, but I can't believe she was told to send in postcards and then she won, what a coincidence.:thumbsup2

According to her post she was told exactly how she won. A computer spit out the coordinates and her postcard apparently meet the requirements. It does seem strange but I don't see how any foul play could be involved. I say "good for her", I would give my right arm for that prize!! I was actually considering buying a DVC but according to her post the prize value was $88,000, I don't have that kind of money.

After I read the post, I guess it was a guy, sorry. And, WDW gave them $26,000 to cover the tax. They actually broke it down. The cost of the DVC, the dues for the next 46 years and then the tax. I would have loved that dream. I should have posted on the thread that was started last year about the DVC Dream prize. maybe the moderator can just merge this thread with that one.

Bumping, a post card winner won.

I'll ask Canadian guy to merge my thread with this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter