E-PASS UNI on sale today only

joelkfla

DIS Veteran
E-PASS UNI, the E-ZPass compatible version of the Orlando area toll transponder is on sale today only for $5. (It's been on sale all week, but unfortunately I just saw it now, and today's the last day.) Regular price is $15.

It's moveable between cars with built-in suction cups, and is valid on all FL toll roads and all E-Zpass toll roads, and available in white or black. I was charged $0.33 tax, and no shipping charge.

Remember, you don't need it if you have an E-ZPass from another state, and E-ZPass transponders from other states may provide cheaper toll rates in the home state.

Here's the link:
https://epass.cfxway.com/EpassWeb/

Do transponders ever need replacing? I have one from Florida with suction cups that I’ve had for at least 10 years but use only when we rent a car at Disney (which is not often now that rental prices have gone up). I always wondered if there’s a battery that will go dead and it won’t work the next time we need it.

Do transponders ever need replacing? I have one from Florida with suction cups that I’ve had for at least 10 years but use only when we rent a car at Disney (which is not often now that rental prices have gone up). I always wondered if there’s a battery that will go dead and it won’t work the next time we need it.
No battery and they don't go dead.
I had the same one as you and it was at least that old. Always worked.
I replaced it last year with the Sunpass PRO, which works wherever the EZPASS works.

Not only do transponders need replacing, but it even happens that the replacement doesn’t work. I recently received a notice from the Illinois Toll Authority that one of my IPass transponders (an EZ-Pass equivalent) needed to be replaced (more than 10 years old so battery was questionable). Replaced it at a local service center, thinking it should work fine. When checking my IPass account online, I was unpleasantly surprised to find that I had multiple unpaid tolls charged against my license plate, so it appeared the transponder was not working. Stopped in at the (fortunately nearby) service center and had them check the transponder. Lo and behold, it was defective. It was immediately replaced and the toll surcharges that had been assessed for using toll-by-plate instead of a transponder were refunded (in Illinois, the surcharges are equal to the toll, so you pay double if you don’t use a transponder).

Not only do transponders need replacing, but it even happens that the replacement doesn’t work. I recently received a notice from the Illinois Toll Authority that one of my IPass transponders (an EZ-Pass equivalent) needed to be replaced (more than 10 years old so battery was questionable). Replaced it at a local service center, thinking it should work fine. When checking my IPass account online, I was unpleasantly surprised to find that I had multiple unpaid tolls charged against my license plate, so it appeared the transponder was not working. Stopped in at the (fortunately nearby) service center and had them check the transponder. Lo and behold, it was defective. It was immediately replaced and the toll surcharges that had been assessed for using toll-by-plate instead of a transponder were refunded (in Illinois, the surcharges are equal to the toll, so you pay double if you don’t use a transponder).
Thanks for the information! We have transponders for a couple of different systems (that don’t play together yet).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter