Eachtraí le aintín Nay - Seachtain Pádraig 2015

kizzabel

Eating poisonous apples since '86
Fáilte chuig mo PTR!

And now back to English! I know some will still be baffled as my title is in Irish but it translates to Adventures with Auntie Nay - Patricks Week 2015!

I'm back with a brand new PTR for our next trip and here are all the lovely details -

How

Donald Ducks Wife messaged me one evening about cheap rates being out for March months back and by the next day we had both booked to stay at the Cheyenne :cool1: Delighted! DLP with my favourite people.
Then came the now customary booking shuffling which saw me cancel a TA booking, change it to directly through Disney and change our onsite hotel and add a night before! And DDW made some similar changes too!

My sister Elaine (aka Nay or Naynee) recently started a new job and moved home so we now get to see her loads :yay: and one day we were nattering about DLP and I said well we do have room for one more :blush: so we looked at flights which were only reasonable with another airline, made a plan and Nay was booked to come with us by the end of that day! Elaine is flying with Aer Lingus as it was over €200 cheaper than Air France! Eek! But her flight to Paris is nice and early so we can make the most of our first day and fly home on the Friday at similar times so we can come home together.

Coincidentally Elaine is getting a bus to the airport Monday at 2am and our parents will be getting off the same bus coming from a holiday in Spain!

When​

Sunday March 15th to Friday March 20th so we will catch the St Patricks Day celebrations and Swing into Spring!

Where​

Sunday March 15th
Our first night for myself, Jemma and James will be offsite at the Kyriad

Monday March 16th to Friday 20th
We move onsite to the Newport Bay Club. I am so excited to see its makeover and hopefully stay in one of the beautiful new rooms! Needless to say there will be an email sent begging for the same! This is also the day that Naynee joins us :dance3:

The Cast​

And so I know at this stage there is probably no need for introductions but I like to have things just so!

Elaine
aka my big sister, Auntie Nay, Naynee
2nd visit to DLP with the first being when my niece and nephew were tots back in the late 90s. Nay previously stayed at the Cheyenne and is looking forward to seeing the Newport after I showed her photos of its refurb.
Looking forward to seeing WDS for the first time and is possibly going to try BTM following an incident of chickening on her last visit! She is also looking forward to a few days off as work is mental at the moment!
I'll have to come back with her favourites!

Kizzy
Me, aka little sis, mommy, trip planner
11th trip, hopefully I will enjoy this way more than the last one! Very excited to be staying at NPB.
Looking forward to spending some family time at DLP, seeing our friends Ruth and Jonah, showing Naynee all the sights and fingers crossed for an equally amazing Swing into Spring as last years blew us away!
My favourite film is Up and character is Pluto. My favourite ride is BTM in the dark!

Jemma
My 9 year old daughter, aka Jem
8th trip, is over the moon at the prospects of a swimming pool!
Looking forward to plenty more spins on BTM and ToT and spending St Patricks Day at DLP. She is also certain that the Lucky Nugget cannot be skipped!
Her favourite film is Frozen, favourite character is Elsa and ride is ToT.

James
My soon to be 6 year old son, aka Jim, Jimmy.
6th trip, is keen to have the window seat on the plane and loves flying.
Looking forward to going to Stitch Live again and seeing the stunt show and wants to have lunch in Blockbuster Cafe as he loves Iron Man and POTC.
His favourite film is Spiderman, favourite character is Pluto and ride is BTM.

The Plan

Sunday
Myself and the kids will leave Dublin with Air France on March 15th and should arrive at the Kyriad around 4pm so we are in two minds about whether to pick up some cheap AP friends and family tickets at €29 each or just mooch about the Village for the evening. The DL Parc is open late so it could be worthwhile but we will discuss at a later date.

Monday
We will be up early for check out, check in and hopefully we can catch EMH before meeting Naynee at about 10am back at the hotel. Then its adventure time!

Tuesday - Thursday
Fun times :yay:

Friday
We leave DLP around 1pm so we can squeeze in more fun and final spins on our favourites.

To Do List​

Make Elaine apply for her new passport!
Book car parking at the airport
Call RS Transport to pay for our journeys
Give Nay some park maps and have a chat about meals
Make a meal plan and reservations
Alter Autograph books as our plans have changed
Make a Disney CD for the car
Pay off our balance on our hotel
Pack

Thanks for reading along! There will be plenty more planning over the next two and a bit months!

:shamrock::shamrock::shamrock: 79 SLEEPS :shamrock::shamrock::shamrock:

Ok Rachael is in :)
Sounds like a fab trip will let you know how our NPB room is in feb :woohoo:
Love a nice family trip Kizzy you big sis going to love it.
Hope you get the best room ever and big sis loves it as much as you so you need to go back with her ASAP ;)
Really want to start my PTR for feb but haven't finished my tr from oct lol !
We are down to a poorly computer and the iPad photo bucket hates me too so finding pic posts a mare.
May start it in the new year and finish oct when we get a new laptop.

Yay! Brilliant that your sister is going with you. Might as well fill up the room.

Ok Rachael is in :)
Sounds like a fab trip will let you know how our NPB room is in feb :woohoo:
Love a nice family trip Kizzy you big sis going to love it.
Hope you get the best room ever and big sis loves it as much as you so you need to go back with her ASAP ;)
Really want to start my PTR for feb but haven't finished my tr from oct lol !
We are down to a poorly computer and the iPad photo bucket hates me too so finding pic posts a mare.
May start it in the new year and finish oct when we get a new laptop.

Wouldn't be the same without ya here :goodvibes you can start your new PTR, between the evil photobucket and troublesome technology how could you finish it! But at least it will always be there for you to pick up and finish whenever you get sorted. Hope you guys had a lovely Christmas. Did Santa come?
I'm trying to convince her to try Btm and she is adamant it might be too much for her - my mam says "I was on that" as if to say Elaine you're a chicken!

Yay! Brilliant that your sister is going with you. Might as well fill up the room.

She gotta try BTM and crush :)
I've found a way I can post some newer pics for our PTR not the easiest
I need a laptop really to start all over again with my tr going to try and start today before work tonight less than 50 sleeps xx
How was Santa to you guys ?
He was very kind to us thanks xx

Always nice to introduce people (especially family) to the reasons that you love somewhere...even better when it's DLP!

Exciting to be staying in NPB too...I was tempted before it was refurbished so will definitely have to try it now that it is :thumbsup2

Santa brought a lot of Disney things! very lucky boys. both got Olaf PJs and slippers, Disney underwear, a decoration each for the tree (Peter Pan and sleeping beauty), Malificent DVD, and Ds2 got loads of Star Wars stuff...Darth Vader costume, Star Wars figurines, Star Wars Lego DVD and Star Wats Jenga. He's only into it in the last few months so he'll love seeing all the stuff in DLP. Hopefully he'll be tall enough for star yours this time.
I'm sure your two got lots of nice things too?

She gotta try BTM and crush :)
I've found a way I can post some newer pics for our PTR not the easiest
I need a laptop really to start all over again with my tr going to try and start today before work tonight less than 50 sleeps xx
How was Santa to you guys ?
He was very kind to us thanks xx

Ah I'm delighted lovey, he was way too generous here ;) We are still in the 70s but its creeping up, just like my weight after all the turkey and chocolate I've consumed in the last week!!

Following along Kizzy. Look forward to reading more. :goodvibes

Thanks Anne, I am loving your TR. Having a reconsider about January 16.. might make it March and combine it with my birthday! And possibly DLH. I need help lol!

Santa brought a lot of Disney things! very lucky boys. both got Olaf PJs and slippers, Disney underwear, a decoration each for the tree (Peter Pan and sleeping beauty), Malificent DVD, and Ds2 got loads of Star Wars stuff...Darth Vader costume, Star Wars figurines, Star Wars Lego DVD and Star Wats Jenga. He's only into it in the last few months so he'll love seeing all the stuff in DLP. Hopefully he'll be tall enough for star yours this time.
I'm sure your two got lots of nice things too?

Oooh lovely :thumbsup2 Our house is Lego galore too! Jem got loads of Lego friends and Disney and James has a fleet of Lego city vehicles. Myself and Shane are in our elements putting them together :goodvibes Love Jenga! Its a great way to spend a couple of hours.

Always nice to introduce people (especially family) to the reasons that you love somewhere...even better when it's DLP!

Exciting to be staying in NPB too...I was tempted before it was refurbished so will definitely have to try it now that it is :thumbsup2

I cannot wait for her to see it all! There is so much new added since her last visit - the whole Studios in fact! She is still adamant there will be no BTM. She is well prepped for the expense too - she remembers paying a fortune for BBWWS tickets before so it wont be a shock. She has 10 days off now so Wednesday is going to be a planning day :)

Our house is Lego galore too! Jem got loads of Lego friends and Disney and James has a fleet of Lego city vehicles. Myself and Shane are in our elements putting them together :goodvibes Love Jenga! Its a great way to spend a couple of hours.
There's a ridiculous amount if Lego here! some of it still hasn't been opened! :-O

Thanks Anne, I am loving your TR. Having a reconsider about January 16.. might make it March and combine it with my birthday! And possibly DLH. I need help lol!

How can I help? You know me - I say go Jan and March! :rotfl2:

And talking of Jan 16, when I finish this TR I must tell you about my Christmas reveal for our Jan 16 trip. :thumbsup2

There's a ridiculous amount if Lego here! some of it still hasn't been opened! :-O

We finally got the mall built! 6 packs later! It's good fun though! I think the Lego store will be more of a point of interest in March.

How can I help? You know me - I say go Jan and March! :rotfl2:

And talking of Jan 16, when I finish this TR I must tell you about my Christmas reveal for our Jan 16 trip. :thumbsup2

I agree Anne, only we'll make it January and May :thumbsup2 and possibly the DLH for my 30th! Eeek!
Starting work experience in a travel agents on Friday so I'm bringing home a brochure and the kids and I can decide between HNY and DLH. Which is your favourite?

Good evening all :wave:

I've made a bit of progress this week :yay:
I've bought new cabin cases for the kids which match my big case and some new shoes for Jimmy plus paid for RS Transport :woohoo:

Things are coming along nicely and I'm very much looking forward to seeing Ruth and Jonah for dinner on our 1st night.
Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend

:shamrock::shamrock::shamrock: 71 SLEEPS
:shamrock::shamrock:

We finally got the mall built! 6 packs later! It's good fun though! I think the Lego store will be more of a point of interest in March. I agree Anne, only we'll make it January and May :thumbsup2 and possibly the DLH for my 30th! Eeek! Starting work experience in a travel agents on Friday so I'm bringing home a brochure and the kids and I can decide between HNY and DLH. Which is your favourite?
We spent A LOT of time in the Lego store on the last trip! I'm sure a good chunk of the kids spending money will go there next month aswell. The pick n mix mini figures are good fun.

I have to say I do prefer the DLH. The location of HNY was great but it can't beat the park entrance. Also I preferred the breakfast at DLH.

I agree Anne, only we'll make it January and May :thumbsup2 and possibly the DLH for my 30th! Eeek!
Starting work experience in a travel agents on Friday so I'm bringing home a brochure and the kids and I can decide between HNY and DLH. Which is your favourite?

Nice Kizzy. :thumbsup2

Oh I definitely preferred the DLH but it does cost so much more and it's impossible for me to react quickly to offers when paying with Catherine's money. I manage her money for her as her court appointed Controller and have to get permission in writing to spend over £500 on any purchase. Not at all unreasonable but it is slow and by the time they gave permission last year for our June trip the cost was £500 more than when I first asked. Will be after Easter before I can gauge whether she is going to be able for a trip this June - I will be in California visiting my brother and his wife and new baby for 3 weeks around Easter - so we would be paying very high prices therefore I doubt DLH is going to be a goer. That said I was quite disappointed with HNY this trip so might try SL for a June trip - if we go. :)

Hope the work experience goes well. :goodvibes

We spent A LOT of time in the Lego store on the last trip! I'm sure a good chunk of the kids spending money will go there next month aswell. The pick n mix mini figures are good fun.

I have to say I do prefer the DLH. The location of HNY was great but it can't beat the park entrance. Also I preferred the breakfast at DLH.

I found it wasn't hugely more expensive than Smyth's either, just a couple of euros. DH was quite taken with a Lego Campervan! Its a pity they removed the chairs round the play area, the kids would have happily sat for a while if they were still there but they were tired at that stage.
Those pancakes at the DLH ;) I think I'm getting more swayed the more I mull my choices over!

Nice Kizzy. :thumbsup2

Oh I definitely preferred the DLH but it does cost so much more and it's impossible for me to react quickly to offers when paying with Catherine's money. I manage her money for her as her court appointed Controller and have to get permission in writing to spend over £500 on any purchase. Not at all unreasonable but it is slow and by the time they gave permission last year for our June trip the cost was £500 more than when I first asked. Will be after Easter before I can gauge whether she is going to be able for a trip this June - I will be in California visiting my brother and his wife and new baby for 3 weeks around Easter - so we would be paying very high prices therefore I doubt DLH is going to be a goer. That said I was quite disappointed with HNY this trip so might try SL for a June trip - if we go. :)

Hope the work experience goes well. :goodvibes

Its a pity that its a slow process when the offers are so frequently changed but if SQL is the only one that works for you its still a lovely hotel. The rooms are very fresh. How was Catherine's Christmas?
So nervous about WE! I feel like a fish out of water! I swear half of me is afraid of going back to work or looking for work after being at home with the kids for so long. I feel I'm going to be turned down or not get a foot up the ladder. Argh!
But on a positive note - day 8 being a non-smoker (again!) and myself and Jem shaved 5 minutes off our 5k walk/jog today. Already feeling the benefits of not smoking :banana:

Its a pity that its a slow process when the offers are so frequently changed but if SQL is the only one that works for you its still a lovely hotel. The rooms are very fresh. How was Catherine's Christmas?
So nervous about WE! I feel like a fish out of water! I swear half of me is afraid of going back to work or looking for work after being at home with the kids for so long. I feel I'm going to be turned down or not get a foot up the ladder. Argh!
But on a positive note - day 8 being a non-smoker (again!) and myself and Jem shaved 5 minutes off our 5k walk/jog today. Already feeling the benefits of not smoking :banana:

Firstly, good for you for giving up again :thumbsup2 I had a fair few false starts before I finally stopped but got there in the end - it's hard but worth it so will keep everything crossed for you. Are you using any NRT to help? When I finally managed it I used patches but there are a lot more options available now than there were 8 years ago.

You'd be daft if you weren't a bit nervous about WE but I'm sure it will be fine. Just be yourself. :hug: Look forward to hearing all about it. :yay:

Christmas was good thanks. It was just me and Catherine on Christmas day which was strange but nice as we were still recovering from our travels. I saved the turkey and ham for Stephen's Day when I had a crowd and we had spiced beef for our Christmas dinner. We did spend Christmas Eve afternoon in A&E as she had another chest infection but the staff were brill and she got antibiotics for it which seem to have done the trick.

On Stephen's Day I had both my boys, Ruth and the baby, and my aunt arrived from Dublin as well, so we had lots more presents to open including the 2016 trip to Disney. I had bought a Lightning McQueen trolley case in December when Disney Store had it on offer for £12.50 instead of £25. [It was 50 Euro in DLP when we were there. :rolleyes1] I put the Reveal Certificates into it and put it into the huge Disney Store box it was delivered in then put a ribbon on the box and a tag saying "to John, Mark, Ruth and Tyler". After all the other presents were opened I got them to open it. The case left them non plussed so I had to suggest they open it. Mark said he guessed as I had asked both boys about whether they could take leave in January but he held his tongue and the other 2 were really surprised and delighted. My grandson of course hadn't a clue. He played with the wrapping paper from his presents than the actual toys. Hopefully he can take the case when we go though it might have to be his mother or father's cabin luggage as I doubt he will have a baggage allowance.

As I say we'll see about SQL. When I did a dummy booking online the other day the only rooms available in DLH for our June dates (4 nights) were family rooms which were very expensive and it was about £1,300 DLH, £850 HNY and £780 SQL GF. Doubt those prices will still be available in April so will have to wait and see.

Your WE sounds like it will be interesting Kizzy! Is that the field you hope to work in? It seems to have picked up in the last few years. Our local one is making a mint.

Anne, how old is your grandson now? That trip will be just fab. are you looking at a standard or GF room at SL? I quite like the idea of the GF rooms!

Tyler will be 8 months old on Friday, Dhidra. He will be 20 months when we are there next year. It is going to be such a different DLP trip for me - I am really looking forward to it.

Yes, am thinking about GF room for Catherine and I in June - we always have a break in middle of day so would make use of the drinks and pastries in the lounge. Also love the idea of a quieter breakfast with no queues. We were lucky in December but did have some waiting in queues for breakfast in June last year at HNY.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter