Early Morning Magic - Fantasyland WATCH for the Holidays

Or is it more probable that they would have added November and December when they added October 1st? The suspense is killing me...lol.

Nothing added this am folks... I think my hope is officially dead... the only glimmer left is they have not updated the park hours yet to some 8:00 openings which I know they had last year because I was there. They may not do this of course but that is the only thing that I can see ...

Nothing added this am folks... I think my hope is officially dead... the only glimmer left is they have not updated the park hours yet to some 8:00 openings which I know they had last year because I was there. They may not do this of course but that is the only thing that I can see ...

I don’t think these types of events get loaded right at 7 all the time. I booked an MVMCP dessert party and I don’t think those were released right at 7 from what I remember.

However, I’m sad to say that I really don’t think they are going to do it. I suspect the CM that someone got on the phone a few weeks ago (who said it wasn’t going to be offered November and December so Disney could focus on parties but would be offered again next year) had accurate information.

Also, there’s still a lot of availability for October EMMs; I wonder if they haven’t been doing well and that is making Disney take a break from them? (and if that is the case it’s Disney's fault for being inconsistent with their scheduling and lack of publicity).

Last edited:

I don’t think these types of events get loaded right at 7 all the time. I booked an MVMCP dessert party and I don’t think those were released right at 7 from what I remember.

However, I’m sad to say that I really don’t think they are going to do it. I suspect the CM that someone got on the phone a few weeks ago (who said it wasn’t going to be offered November and December so Disney could focus on parties but would be offered again next year) had accurate information.

Also, there’s still a lot of availability for October EMMs; I wonder if they haven’t been doing well and that is making Disney take a break from them? (and if that is the case it’s fisneys fault for being inconsistent with their scheduling and lack of publicity).
Good point. This is the type of event that Disney probably needs to sell out to make it work from a $$ standpoint, and if they aren't selling out then probably wouldn't make sense to continue.

Speculation on my part: I think the reason for no Nov/Dec EMM is park hours and crowds. November and December look to be VERY crowded this year and my guess is that the park will open at 8am most days. We won't have the final hours until a week or two before the weeks in question. Of course Nov-Dec is always crowded, but based on ADR reports and what we have heard about FP+ availability (no FPs for 7DMT at 62 days out is crazy!), it's going to be packed this year. And with increased crowds come increased hours (and no room for EMM). That's my guess.

Either way, the writing was on the wall (or nails in the coffin) when they started updating January hours that included EMM (on MDE). That's a sure sign there was not going to be EMM in Nov/Dec.

If you want a silver lining... I've heard from others that EMM has been more crowded lately (like waiting 2-3 cars for 7DMT). So we can console ourselves with that... if they increased the maximum number of people, that would also explain why October has so many spots left (most days have >14 open spots), which is very unusual. In less busy times, EMM generally sells out. if they doubled or tripled the capacity, it would make the event much less compelling IMO (and I've done it 3 times).

Also, there’s still a lot of availability for October EMMs; I wonder if they haven’t been doing well and that is making Disney take a break from them? (and if that is the case it’s Disney's fault for being inconsistent with their scheduling and lack of publicity).
They already have them on the schedule for March- you just can't book it yet. So I dunno. I'll be very upset if they don't end up doing them in March.

Moving on here, too. I lost hope when I got up this morning and saw nothing for November. I'm disappointed, but I'm also very happy with the other plans we have for the day I wanted EMM (AND I get to keep my money!) so I can't say it's worth crying over for me. Anyway, I've said all along EMM is just not in the cards for my family! They always choose not to offer it while we're at Disney. Lol. Even in summer, the one week we were there late July was the one week it wasn't offered. Apparently t's just not meant to be for us!

Moving on here, too. I lost hope when I got up this morning and saw nothing for November. I'm disappointed, but I'm also very happy with the other plans we have for the day I wanted EMM (AND I get to keep my money!) so I can't say it's worth crying over for me. Anyway, I've said all along EMM is just not in the cards for my family! They always choose not to offer it while we're at Disney. Lol. Even in summer, the one week we were there late July was the one week it wasn't offered. Apparently t's just not meant to be for us!

We were going to do this if offered but I'm ok with it no being available - saves me over $400 after we've already spent $$$$ on this trip.

What seems so strange to me is that there is no way to buy EMM for the days in January and beyond that are noted in the calendar. There are other events that they are selling now for January and beyond like Disney After Hours. It just doesn't seem to make any sense. I'm hoping for January 9th.

I guess we will consider adding that second Christmas party now. I'm disappointed but my fast passes are solid so I'm ready to wrap up my plans..

I *could* be wrong, but I've been planning a solo trip for early March and they had the first Tuesday in March noted as a "Special Ticketed Event" from 7:45-9:00 as late as just a couple of days ago- obviously EMM. You could not book it on the EMM page, but it was there on the park calendar. But now I can't find it on the calendar at all. I hope they aren't discontinuing it altogether... :scared: If they do, I guess I'll just do a second BOG PPO breakfast day (already booked just in case).

I *could* be wrong, but I've been planning a solo trip for early March and they had the first Tuesday in March noted as a "Special Ticketed Event" from 7:45-9:00 as late as just a couple of days ago- obviously EMM. You could not book it on the EMM page, but it was there on the park calendar. But now I can't find it on the calendar at all. I hope they aren't discontinuing it altogether... :scared: If they do, I guess I'll just do a second BOG PPO breakfast day (already booked just in case).

The “Special Ticketed Event” still shows up on the park hours for me on that date.

Sometimes I get screwy results on that one page that shows it. If I switch browsers or computers, it shows up again. :-)

I have officially lost hope for Nov/Dec, too.
I do not think that every day in Dec. will be moved to 8am opening, though,
so those with BOG reservations should still get a heads up on 7dmt. (i'm hoping!) Last year, I think they made every Sat. in Dec. an 8am opening? They could do more, as it gets closer to Christmas, I think.
And, yes, it does make me a feel a bit better..if they have increased the number of tickets, and you have to "wait" for the cars, that is much different than when our family did EMM. There was no waiting when we went last year. We were able to ride 7dmt 5 or 6 times, pooh twice and peter pan once, (I believe)....then we went to eat breakfast around 945 before it closed down.
If you have to "wait" for a few cars, that would really cut down on the experience.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter