Early Seating Dinner and Kids Clubs

Mddad1210

Earning My Ears
Hi. If you have first dinner seating, do folks from the kids clubs come to take your little ones if they want to eat quickly amd not stay for the whole meal? Or do you have to walk them over mid meal?

Thanks

They only pick up during second seating. Or that has been my experience. However, it is a quick trip up to drop the kids off mid-meal. If you tell your servers when you are seated that you plan to do that, they will bring out the kids meals early. Sometimes this makes for a better meal because kids don't always want to sit there for an hour or longer.

We did the Fantasy back in February and the kid's club does send people down to pick up kids for the early dinner seating (usually around 6:30 or so). They sometimes did a quick circulation, but just in case, you can always find them at the entrance to the restaurant at the pick up time.

They only pick up during second seating. Or that has been my experience. However, it is a quick trip up to drop the kids off mid-meal. If you tell your servers when you are seated that you plan to do that, they will bring out the kids meals early. Sometimes this makes for a better meal because kids don't always want to sit there for an hour or longer.
Also let your server know since you may miss the kids counselors walk through the dining room. As they don't make an announcment "it's time to go kids".

I have excused myself to take the kid to the club and it wasn't an issue to pop down and pop back up. Wait staff kept my meal warm while I was gone.

We did the Fantasy back in February and the kid's club does send people down to pick up kids for the early dinner seating (usually around 6:30 or so). They sometimes did a quick circulation, but just in case, you can always find them at the entrance to the restaurant at the pick up time.

Awesome! I wonder if this is new.

We were on the Wonder earlier this month and never saw anyone from the kids club come through to get kids during the first seating. I never looked for them by the entrance because I thought they only came at the second seating. If they are now coming during the first seating, they didn't let it be known.

We were on the Wonder earlier this month and never saw anyone from the kids club come through to get kids during the first seating. I never looked for them by the entrance because I thought they only came at the second seating. If they are now coming during the first seating, they didn't let it be known.

I wonder if this is something new they are trying on some of the ships? I know that on the first night, I brought out kids up to the club thinking they didn't have it, only to be told they were now doing the early-seating pick up when I got to the club. We used the in-restaurant pickup almost every night afterwards.

Last edited:

I guess I stand corrected. I've never seen them pick up at 1st seating. Then again, you might miss them on 2nd seating if you aren't looking for them. But, it is such a quick run up to drop them off at the clubs, that it doesn't matter. Drop off is so much quicker and we can do it in between appetizer and soup. Just let your servers know you want the kid's food first. They can get that early and everyone is happy.

In the past, there has been no pick-up service from first seating.

Last summer, the pick-up from second seating was so late that we would have been better off just taking her ourselves.

We had the same experience on our Fantasy cruise in December. They walked through the dining room to pick up but if we didn’t notice it, they could be found by the door waiting as well. We were pleasantly surprised as we had heard before the cruise that they only picked up during second seating!

Any updates from other recent cruisers about a kids club pick up during first seating? Sounds like it exists for 2nd seating but may be hit or miss or being tested out for first seating? I didn’t think about leaving dinner to take kids to the club but would like to understand the timing of these things. Thanks!

Any updates from other recent cruisers about a kids club pick up during first seating? Sounds like it exists for 2nd seating but may be hit or miss or being tested out for first seating? I didn’t think about leaving dinner to take kids to the club but would like to understand the timing of these things. Thanks!
The kid's club CMs will show up during second dinner seating. Often they may just stand at the door, so you need to keep your eyes open to see them. Sometimes they will walk through gathering the kids.

I've never seen them pick up at early seating.

Check the navigators the first day and it will say if they are also doing first seating. The Fantasy was in December, and The Wonder also was in Dec 16 but a later cruiser said they stopped on the Wonder.

Check the navigators the first day and it will say if they are also doing first seating. The Fantasy was in December, and The Wonder also was in Dec 16 but a later cruiser said they stopped on the Wonder.
I checked the Navigator for Dec 8 on the Wonder and it only had the Dine and Play option for the 8:15 seating.
dine n play 1.png

That said, the Dec 30 Fantasy cruise did have it for both seatings
dine n play 2.png

Last edited:
I just got off the Fantasy this morning...we had early seating and the CM's came through every night, usually around 6:45ish. My niece and nephew went to the clubs straight from dinner every night. My brother and sister in law LOVED it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter