Early Seating Dinner and Kids Clubs

It would be very helpful if posters who dispute this could post exactly when they were on the shops cruising. Just for clarification rather than refer to navigators only.

Great info thanks! We will be on the Dream.

It would be very helpful if posters who dispute this could post exactly when they were on the shops cruising. Just for clarification rather than refer to navigators only.

I find that looking at past navigators on Scott's DCL blog can be very helpful, and that the navigators communicate accurate information. But, for clarification, on the Dream in March, Dine n Play was not offered at early seating. In addition, the counselors did not circulate through the restaurant. They were only located by the entrance, and once the children had gathered there, went back to the clubs.

I find that looking at past navigators on Scott's DCL blog can be very helpful, and that the navigators communicate accurate information. But, for clarification, on the Dream in March, Dine n Play was not offered at early seating. In addition, the counselors did not circulate through the restaurant. They were only located by the entrance, and once the children had gathered there, went back to the clubs.

I also think that a lot if requests for information are for " recent" cruisers to validate changes in policy, all to often here , responses are not from personal experience but an over reliance on say one internet source which anyone could access and there are other sites that also hold information.

I have found Navigators omit information, they do not cover everything, as noted on these boards this week, information from DCL themselves can be wrong, indicating Frozen in Mediterranean, or omitting Pirates on certain Mediterranean itineraries but actually there when asked direct.

However back on track, if like you someone can say, I cruised on this ship on this date, it shows how this rollout is going. We can understand Ship by ship or a trial or a rollout.

It is a bit confusing and contradictory that some posters keep posting how good Late dinner is , but then know everything that occurs on Main dinner as well.

I have seen the counsellors on the Magic at the door, not circulated in summer 2016, I didn't think anything of it, I guessed it's due to a high child ratio due to school holidays, but as cruising on two DCL cruises this summer, it's if interest, if we get " recent" first hand reports.

I will look out for it.

I didn’t know about the blog that posts Navigators, so I may add that to my resource list.

A friend that cruised on the Dream (at least 5 years ago, perhaps more) raved about late seating because of the CM pick up and I searched this site before posting. My searches did turn up a few different things. Overall, my friend’s comment simply gave me pause to consider the late seating, as our youngest (4) is probably going to do best with the first seating as planned.

I always find the many perspectives from veteran cruisers helpful- giving me choices I hadn’t considered or bringing awareness to something so I can plan better. Many thanks, it is appreciated!

It was not offered on our April 20 3-night Bahamas cruise on the Dream.
It's apparently only being offered at main (early) seating on the Fantasy, currently. It could be that DCL is testing to see if it's a viable option. Or they will only offer it on the Fantasy for early seating. No one knows for sure. Well, except, maybe, someone at DCL.

We saw this on our Navigators on the Fantasy for early and late dining. We had late dining and never saw a single CM come through the dining room so I assumed they simply waited outside. Being that the dining rooms aren’t too far from kids club, I think it might be just as fast to take them there on your own.

We saw this on our Navigators on the Fantasy for early and late dining. We had late dining and never saw a single CM come through the dining room so I assumed they simply waited outside. Being that the dining rooms aren’t too far from kids club, I think it might be just as fast to take them there on your own.
That's what we ended up doing on the Wonder last summer. The people from the club wouldn't come until we were finishing desert and DD had been finished for quite a while. I started just taking her between courses and it was much smoother.

I just checked our Navigator from our November 25, 2017 Disney Fantasy cruise and it states a Dine and Play option for early and late dining. It says pick up is at 6:45 PM and 9:15 PM at the entrance or Royal court and Enchanted Garden. Pick up is at 7:00 PM or 9:30 PM at the entrance of Animator's Palate.

We never used this on our cruise since we didn't know it was an option for early dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter