Eat at Home 3!

Here is my plan for the next 2 weeks!

Su- Breakfast for dinner... eggs, hashbrowns, and toast
M- Pizza and salad (just a frozen pizza)
Tu- L/O
W- Migas with roasted sweet potatoes
Th- Pot roast, onions, carrots, and potatoes
F- L/O
Sa- L/O

Su- L/O or a sandwich
M- Pasta with butter, parmesan, and roasted asparagus
Tu- L/O
W- Potato soup (from the freezer)
Th- Honey soy baked chicken thighs, rice, and roasted broccoli
F- L/O
Sa- Quiche (broccoli, onion, red bell peppers, and cheese)

Su- L/O

Monday: Meatloaf, brown rice, broccoli and cauliflower
Tuesday: Cheese tortellini, meatballs, red sauce, salad
Wednesday: I have my workout class. Leftovers.
Thursday: Pumpkin spice waffles, blueberries, rapsberries
Friday: H has an event at work and he is eating there. I'm eating leftovers/whatever is around.
Saturday: Out to Longhorn Steakhouse (giftcard)
Sunday: Grilled chicken, cornbread muffins, carrots and ranch

Okay, I decided:)...here's my weekly plan (we are giving up an extra meatless dinner per week and we have 2 Lenten days this week, so it's gonna be an adjustment:)...
Thurs - Potato Gnocchi with a Pesto Sauce (again, Aldi container for gnocchi, but homemade sauce from me:)), Tomato Mozzarella Salad, Strawberries
Fri - Cheese Milk-based quiche, Potato Pancakes (or homemade pancakes - TBD), Bananas and Clementines, Smoothies
Sat - No Idea, but this will be Red Meat b/c I think my spouse will be fainting from all the veg and fish dishes by then:)...we may go out or eat in...

I swapped in a double bean (black refried and regular refried) and cheese enchilada for our meatless Thursday and I made Scrambled Eggs, Potato Pancakes, Roasted Carrots, and Pears/Grapes for our meatless Friday. We are getting takeout fast food tonight (yes, a 5 guys burger is just want the iron police ordered for me:)), but here's my next week schedule...got some great protein deals from the store today (Organic Turkey Breast $1/lb - limit 1 and Ribeye Steaks again for $4.99/lb), so gonna put them in...

Sun - (Repeating from 2 Sundays past b/c it was wildly popular) Ribeye Steaks with Carmelized Onions, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Green Beans, Blueberries
Mon - Bacon Cheeseburgers with Sliced Tomato and Baby Arugula, Baked Fries, Sliced Apples
Tues - (Spring Thanksgiving) Roasted Turkey Breast, Stuffing, Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Sage/Butter, Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Diced Pears
Wed - Bacon Turkey Clubs (the leftover proteins) with Arugula and Tomato, Homemade Ambrosia Salad (Fresh Pineapple, Fresh Clementines, Sour Cherries, Shredded Coconut, Mint), Double Apple Muffins
Thurs (Meatless #1) - Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes (kid request), Yogurt Fruit Parfaits, Coffee Drinks
Friday (Meatless #2) - Cheese Pizza, Fruit Smoothies
Saturday - Planned Out, but may cook - too far ahead to decide:)

This week is a bit all over the map.

tonight - baked potato, steaks with rosemary butter, broc & cheese and apple cheddar scones
Sunday - DH on his own. Em & I are going to the Symphony concert featuring music from Star Wars and then going out for dinner
Monday - turkey cutlets, fruit (depending on what I find at the store), sauteed greens, cinnamon rolls, mac n' cheese
Tuesday - (Em not home) cheese stuffed ravioli with fresh tomato, garlic and mushrooms, garlic bread
Wednesday - (I'm not home) DH will pick Em up at school at 6, I assume they'll pick up dinner out
Thursday - (Em not home) probably a shrimp stir-fry

at least that's what I'm thinking right now.

Menu Plan - Week of 3/4

Saturday- family get together/ brought pasta salad and strawberry shortcake
Sunday - beef and rice casserole, peas
Monday - leftovers
Tuesday- black bean burgers, sweet potato fries
Wednesday- Omelets, grits, bacon
Thursday - chicken cutlets, rice, green beans
Friday - meatloaf, mac and cheese, okra/tomatoes

Plan for this week:

Monday - out for dinner (DH's birthday)
Tuesday - Korean beef bowls
Wednesday - Frozen pizza and garden salad
Thursday - Chicken lasagna and garden salad
Friday - Mushroom chicken w/ rice and broccoli
Saturday - Sausages and perogies w/ garden salad

So excited!!! Since I was off this weekend and it was so gorgeous outside we decided to go ahead and plant our garden. We had three big pear trees come down during Hurricane Matthew last year and the only plants that survived were the jalapeno and banana pepper (though only for another month or so), but now the garden has lots more sun. So we tried some new things this year.

We planted basil, oregano, rosemary, lavender, and mint for the herbs, tomatoes, yellow squash, cucumber, jalapeno, banana pepper, red pepper, kale, spinach, Bibb lettuce, strawberries, blackberries, and grapes. I can't wait till they start producing- less money on groceries and healthier eating for us!

Mon-pancakes, bacon, eggs, home fries, fruit (strawberries, apples, bananas)
Tues-frozen pizza, salad
Wed-Buffalo Chicken Wraps, salad
Thurs-Shepherd's Pie (veggies in it but may have salad on the side as well if there is any left)
Fri-Butter chicken, rice, peas, naan, veggies and dip
Sat-Homemade hamburger helper with peas and broccoli
Sun-Chicken Taco Chili, cheese quesadillas, either veggies and dip or whatever fruit we have on hand

Menu for the week

Monday - Cajun chicken pasta (moved from Saturday because DH wanted steaks on the grill)
Tuesday- Taco Tuesday, tacos, Spanish rice, refried beans
Wednesday - kielbasa and pierogies
Thursday - ravioli and meatball bake, salad
Friday- MYO pizzas
Saturday - Robin Hood movie night with kids, still working on menu
Sunday - chicken with mustard cream sauce, roasted potatoes, green beans

Saturday: Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches, fruit salad, veggies and dip
Sunday: Turkey Tenderloin, mashed potatoes, cranberries, rolls
Monday: Chicken and Veggie Lo Mein
Tuesday: Taco Bake, Guacamole and chips
Wednesday: Pasta, Garlic Bread, Salad
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Frozen Pizza

Tonight we had sloppy Joe's and tator tots
Tues - roast in the crockpot, mashed potatoes, honeyed carrots
Wed - chili
Thurs - Fish sticks and Mac & cheese
Fri - breakfast for dinner (pancakes and scrambled eggs)
Sat - out for late lunch with gift card

Time for me to get back to this thread. We were out of town for tournaments the last two weekends and that just kills the food budget.:scared:
We're also about to embark on birthday season with my husband, both my kids, and my father in law all having a birthday the same week. I'm sure we'll end up eating out at least once in that week, though I will try to stick to making birthday dinners at home. That's not this weeks menu though... this week is simple.

Sunday- went to my parents *eggplant parm
Monday-Chicken burgers, roasted brussel sprouts, asparagus
Tuesday-Wraps (lean ground beef, cheese, veggies, taco seasoning etc)
Wednesday- Baked Chicken breasts, roasted carrots and parsnips, salad
Thursday- Pasta with bolognese sauce, garlic bread (spaghetti squash for me)
Friday- Homemade sausage pizza and salad
Saturday- This will be grocery day, so I'm not sure what's for dinner but making sausage and kale soup for lunches during the week

We keep falling off the eat at home wagon but we had booked Caribbean beach resort for December but when we heard about all the construction we weren't sure if we should still go but heard about the gift card offer or switching rooms so we took a shot and you'll never believe it they are giving us a 2 bedroom villa at Saratoga springs resorts for the same price we were paying at cb! I'm in shock we would never be able to afford this room what a huge blessing!!
So need to stay on track so we can go to Disney in December and pay off some debt
Tonight was breakfast pancakes sausage and strawberries
Wed hot dogs and pasta salad for the family I get to go out with my. BFF for our birthdays!
Thur is my birthday I'm making BBQ pulled chicken and veggies
Fri soccer game so sandwiches it is
Saturday ham dinner and more soccer
Sunday not sure but have grocery money left
Monday Shepard pie

This week's menu

Sunday (12-7) was takeout from Outback.
Monday (off) was sassy soy chicken with jasmine rice and roasted broccoli, a hello fresh meal
Tonight (off) was butter basted steak with parsnip wedges and creamed spinach, a hello fresh meal
Wednesday (10am-9:30pm) crock pot corn and potato chowder
Thursday (10am-9:30pm) crock pot beef stew
Friday (4-9:30) sausage gravy and biscuit casserole with fruit
Saturday (12-7:30) BBQ chicken and pineapple pull apart sliders with salad

Stayed on track this week, and I found some great recipes to try for next week. I can do the prep work for some of it Sunday so I can whip everything up quicker on the week nights.

Sun (off)- buttermilk chicken biscuit sandwiches with creamy Ranch salad
Mon (7-5)- sausage broccoli soup with crusty bread
Tue (5-9, take DS for driver's test, then 1-5)- spiced chicken soft tacos
Wed (5-2)- red wine beef Ragu
Thu (5-2)- Mediterranean chicken galette
Fri (off)- black bean, corn, and spinach enchiladas

I also found a recipe for apple cinnamon pull apart bread that I'll use for dessert.

I swapped in a double bean (black refried and regular refried) and cheese enchilada for our meatless Thursday and I made Scrambled Eggs, Potato Pancakes, Roasted Carrots, and Pears/Grapes for our meatless Friday. We are getting takeout fast food tonight (yes, a 5 guys burger is just want the iron police ordered for me:)), but here's my next week schedule...got some great protein deals from the store today (Organic Turkey Breast $1/lb - limit 1 and Ribeye Steaks again for $4.99/lb), so gonna put them in...

Sun - (Repeating from 2 Sundays past b/c it was wildly popular) Ribeye Steaks with Carmelized Onions, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Green Beans, Blueberries
Mon - Bacon Cheeseburgers with Sliced Tomato and Baby Arugula, Baked Fries, Sliced Apples
Tues - (Spring Thanksgiving) Roasted Turkey Breast, Stuffing, Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Sage/Butter, Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Diced Pears
Wed - Bacon Turkey Clubs (the leftover proteins) with Arugula and Tomato, Homemade Ambrosia Salad (Fresh Pineapple, Fresh Clementines, Sour Cherries, Shredded Coconut, Mint), Double Apple Muffins
Thurs (Meatless #1) - Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes (kid request), Yogurt Fruit Parfaits, Coffee Drinks
Friday (Meatless #2) - Cheese Pizza, Fruit Smoothies
Saturday - Planned Out, but may cook - too far ahead to decide:)

Got a great deal on fresh salmon fillets today (under $4.50/lb), so picked up 2lbs to make for dinner tonight. Also forgot we have choir both Saturday and Sunday night, so since I get the Saturday event, my spouse has dinner, so he will be doing a pizza or taco pick up (and we'll have that with fruit I bought today)...so, here's the new plans (and I will say - I switched up my pancakes Thursday to a plain pancake but with a homemade fresh pineapple, banana, coconut, rum and honey topping - I got huge compliments on those, so now I need to make them every week for meatless extra dinner!:))...

Fri - Baked Lemon Dill Salmon Fillets, Spinach Cheese Ravioli in Pesto (for non-fish eater main dish and side dish for others - got this on a stupid good deal, too), Roasted Green Beans, Berry Salad
Sat - Takeout pizza or tacos, Green Salad, Berry, Banana and Kiwi Salad
Sun - (Spring Thanksgiving) Roasted Turkey Breast, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Diced Apples (leftover Sunday lunch Roitisserie chicken and leftover Sunday dinner steak let me skip making the Tuesday meal in place of fajitas with a sweet potato side on Tuesday and then Chicken Bacon Clubs Wed...so this is take 2:))...
Mon - Bacon Turkey Clubs with Arugula and Tomato (the chicken version was popular, so doing it again:)), Baked Fries, Green and Red Grapes
Tues - Honey Mustard Chicken Breasts, Roasted Carrots, Roasted Dill Potatoes, Remaining Berry Salad
Wed - Cheesesteaks with Carmelized Onions, Roasted Broccoli, Sliced Apples
Thurs - Homemade Old Fashioned Pancakes, Orange Julius Smoothies, Fruit Salad or Fresh Fruit Topping (or both)
Fri - (CHANGE - Can now eat meat for St Pat's Day)...so, Corned Beef, Stouffer's Mac and Cheese, and Roasted Cabbage (leftover fruits for kids) - gonna celebrate in style!:)

Last edited:
Saturday- chili dogs, fries, veggies and dip
Sunday- loaded baked potato soup, salad
Monday- spaghetti, ceasar salad
Tuesday- Out- used a GC
Wednesday- chili
Thursday- leftover spaghetti
Friday- ate at my Dads
Saturday- Leftovers from my Dad's!
Sunday- roast pork, roasted veg

Last edited:
Monday: Cheese ravioli, red sauce, broccoli
Tuesday: Black bean and corn burritos, Mexican rice, chips with salsa and guac.
Wednesday: I have my workout class. Leftovers
Thursday: Scrambled eggs, French toast, blueberries, pineapple and raspberries
Friday: Uno frozen pizza, salad
Saturday: Grilling steak, hash brown casserole, salad if any is leftover, otherwise we will have broccoli
Sunday: Leftovers

Ok , another week, another menu. I am a woman on a mission. I have to stick to a menu plan so I can stay on track for vacation spending. This is birthday week though, so we will end up eating out once and ordering in once. That's unavoidable.

Saturday-
Sunday- Going to Dave and Busters for a family birthday
Monday- Wraps (lean ground beef, cheese, veggies, sour cream, seasonings)
Tuesday- Lemon pepper sole, roasted brussel sprouts, parmesan cauliflower
Wednesday-Spaghetti bolognese (spaghetti squash for me)
Thursday- Dh's birthday dinner .. TBD
Friday- Dinner at my parents- I think it's turkey
Saturday-DS's 13th birthday. Having friends over after trampoline place. Pizza, wings and cake.
Sunday-DD's 20th birthday dinner (she'll be away at school for her actual birthday a few days later). Also TBD as she hasn't picked what she wants yet.

So many birthdays....

I'm using a lot from last week as we had some odd days. Tuesday we had storms come through in the AM and I was afraid to leave the crockpot on all day. I made chili that night. Wednesday brought high winds so same, so I tossed the roast in the freezer and used up pork chops from the freezer. Thurs I worked a cookie booth with my Girl Scouts and took DD and two other GS to McDonalds after. I worked an 11 hour day yesterday so we had pizza. Back on track this week!

Tonight - chicken tetrazzini
Sun - pancake and bacon for breakfast, hubby is smoking a pork butt and I'll figure out something to go with it
Mon - fish sticks and Mac & cheese (didn't have last week)
Tues - crockpot roast, mashed potatoes
Wed - fend for yourself - leftovers
Thurs - Cheeseburger pie, green beans
Fri - probably go out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter