Eat at Home 3!

First time poster... I've menu planned for years anyways and I feel like this thread is full of new dinner ideas (or ways of putting together a meal plan) for me to try out. I grocery shop once every two weeks so my plans are always for two weeks at a time. This coming week is a little wonky because we'll be out of town part of the time for spring break. But nonetheless...

(I grocery shop Fridays so my plans always start on a Friday)
Friday - dinner out
Saturday - one pan garlic parmesan chicken & veggies with applesauce (this might get tossed to the wind since DH is taking one of our DD's out for daddy-daughter day and it'll be just me and the twins)
Sunday - dinner at my parents
Monday - Brinner
Tuesday - Asian turkey slaw
Wednesday - one pan lemon garlic shrimp and asparagus
Thursday thru Monday - out of town
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!
Wednesday - Hawaiian pork
Thursday - Leftovers

So, this past week, I only dropped the BBQ pork sandwiches and the homemade potato salad (made an Italian beef meatloaf with mozza and marinara, instead - that was popular)...so let's see, this week, I haven't shopped yet, but I want to clear out some freezer proteins and make that potato salad!

Sat - BBQ Pork Sandwiches (this is premade BBQ for easy Saturday), Homemade Potato Salad (same bacon/veg/mayo one), Homemade Coleslaw (gotta use up last of my cabbage)
Sun - Bacon Cheeseburgers, Leftover Potato Salad, Berry Salad
Mon - Crockpot something day! I'm gonna unbury my freezer - I think this will be Creamy Pork Chops over White Rice (using Campbell's recipe but with actual veg ingredients - fresh mushrooms, dried mushrooms - have some William Sonoma ones to use up, fresh onions, fresh celery, sour cream, s&p, Worcestershire, etc), and Homemade Fried Apples
Tues - Homemade Honey Ginger Chicken Breast Strips, Egg and Veg Fried Rice, Extra Berry Salad
Wed - Creamy Pork and Roasted Broccoli Topped Roasted Potatoes, Double Berry Muffins, Fresh Pineapple slices
Thurs (Meatless Dinner #1) - Homemade Clam White Sauce over Pasta, Green Salad, Leftover Fruits
Fri (Meatless Dinner #2) - Frozen Cheese Pizzas, Fruit Smoothies

I changed up last week and did steak fajitas instead of a roast so I will do that this week. Plus, DS got the flu and wasn't eating with us a few nights. I didn't do the chicken casserole and DH and I did leftovers one night instead. For this week:

Sun (off): bbq chicken pizzas
Mon (7-5): crock pot roast with potatoes & peppers
Tue (1-10): chicken and veggie casserole
Wed (7-4): turkey chef salad
Thu (off): crispy pork chops with corn and biscuits
Fri (1-10): bean burritos and guacamole
Sat (7-4): out after church

tonight - cheese burgers, watermelon, chips
Monday - breakfast for dinner - Berry French Toast Casserole, fresh fruit
Tuesday - ham in the slow cooker, mac & cheese, steamed broccoli, cinnamon rolls
Wednesday - meatloaf, roasted red potato, sauteed cinnamon apples and some sort of quick bread
Thursday - will probably be takeout and a locally owned sandwich/salad deli place
Friday - pasta salad using leftover ham.

My meals must be quick as by the time I get home it is already late!
Sunday- Salmon with pasta and Peas
Monday- Chicken Tacos
Tuesday- Hot Dogs and Beans
Wednesday- Tomato Soup and cheese sandwich
Thursday-French Toast Sticks and Eggs
Friday- Frozen Pizza
Saturday- Something frozen from the freezer

http://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/2015/03/23/berry-french-toast-casserole/

I haven't tried this one yet, but I do a lot of baked french toasts for dinner. I put them together in the morning and then put them in the oven when I get home, or if I"m running late, I"ll call home and ask someone to throw it in for me. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Do you have a basic recipe that you swear by? I've tried them before and not been a fan, but it may be an issue with the recipe used or a mistake by the cook (me).

First time poster... I've menu planned for years anyways and I feel like this thread is full of new dinner ideas (or ways of putting together a meal plan) for me to try out. I grocery shop once every two weeks so my plans are always for two weeks at a time. This coming week is a little wonky because we'll be out of town part of the time for spring break. But nonetheless...

(I grocery shop Fridays so my plans always start on a Friday)
Friday - dinner out
Saturday - one pan garlic parmesan chicken & veggies with applesauce (this might get tossed to the wind since DH is taking one of our DD's out for daddy-daughter day and it'll be just me and the twins)
Sunday - dinner at my parents
Monday - Brinner
Tuesday - Asian turkey slaw
Wednesday - one pan lemon garlic shrimp and asparagus
Thursday thru Monday - out of town
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!
Wednesday - Hawaiian pork
Thursday - Leftovers
Welcome!!

Menu plan Week of 3/25

Sunday - turkey breast, mashed potatoes, asparagus
Monday - turkey sandwiches, chips, strawberries
Tuesday - beef stroganoff, green beans
Wednesday - steaks, sweet potatoes, beets
Thursday - parm crusted fish, rice, squash
Friday - chicken salad- avocados, black beans, corn and tomatoes

Monday - salad with smokes salmon and bread
Tuesday - peanut noodles topped with chicken
Wed - pulled pork on brown rice with slaw
Thurs - chiken tenders with salad and rice
Fri - rice and beans or pancakes
Sat -

Ok, the gauntlet of birthday dinners and tournament meals at restaurants is OVER. Also, for our tournament this weekend we brought almost all our food, ate in the car, and then wandered the mall between games or went back and watched some of the other teams play. We've had too many meals out as it is, and we aren't enjoying them. We have 6 weeks until Universal and there's no more eating out until trip time. Probably not when we get back either since we have such a short turn around time for the next trip.

Sunday- Ribs , Mac and Cheese,corn and salad at my parents
Monday- Baked chicken breasts, roasted brussel sprouts and garden salad
Tuesday- Leftover ribs, Sweet potatoes, broccoli
Wednesday-Buffalo Chicken Penne
Thursday-Breakfast for dinner
Friday- Homemade pizza and salad
Saturday- Fajitas

Mon-chicken pot pie
Tues-buffalo chicken wraps
Wed-frozen pizzas
Thurs-ham and noodles
Fri-tacos
Sat-breakfast (pancakes, eggs, fruit)
Sun-hot dogs

Soup of the week: chicken taco chili
Treat of the week: cookies (not sure what kind yet)

These posts have encouraged me to rely less on eating out once or twice a week, which is a good thing since we are in the middle of an expensive construction project.

I try to do cooking for the week on Sunday, though I'm not always successful. This week worked out, though!

Sunday - lasagna
Monday - leftovers
Tuesday - zucchini rollatini + grilled chicken
Wednesday - leftovers
Thursday - taco salad
Friday - leftovers
Saturday - pizza with spinach or zucchini

Do you have a basic recipe that you swear by? I've tried them before and not been a fan, but it may be an issue with the recipe used or a mistake by the cook (me).

this is my go to one: http://www.wineandglue.com/2014/03/apple-pie-overnight-stuffed-french-toast.html
but I use fresh apples instead of the apple pie filling (which I find to be way too sweet) and add a bit of nutmeg.

We just had the recipe that I posted above. I did change it a bit. I used just regular bread, I used 5 eggs and I did strawberries, raspberries and blackberries.

Yesterday we celebrated Maine Maple Sunday and I bought syrup (of course), so breakfast for dinner tonight was sort of a given.

My last few days and the next few:

Saturday--Saag paneer and rice. I can't believe this came out. I made my own cheese and pureed mustard greens and spinach with Indian spices. Definitely a repeat dish.

Sunday--Chicken fajitas with guacamole and refried beans

Monday-- Pulled pork sandwiches, coleslaw, watermelon, chips and dip

Today-- Thai chicken basil with jasmine rice, salad (never made before, but had this in a restaurant for the first time last week and loved it)

Wednesday--burritos made with leftover refried beans etc

Thursday-- Sauerkraut and onions, potatoes, brats

Friday--high temp roasted butterflied chicken with french herbs, mashed potatoes, asparagus or other green veggie, cherry pie

Sat--Leftovers

Sun-Wed--Eating out as we are going on a minibreak :goodvibes

We've done really well I'm not eating out again the last few weeks. My plans constantly change, but at least we're still eating at home. This week looks ike:

Monday: McDonald's (this momma had a hard craving for a big Mac. Lol)
Tuesday: leftovers from the weekend
Wednesday: cheesy jambalaya with kielbasa
Thursday: tacos
Friday: chicken legs and rice. Can't decide if I want to bbq sauce and grill them or shake n bake them.
Saturday: grilled chops and noodles
Sunday: biscuits and sausage gravy and bacon

Got a bunch of stuff for sandwiches and homemade lunchable for lunches this week too.

Monday night I'm really hoping to be eating food from a hospital bed. Lol. Never thought I'd be really happy with that meal, but I'm hoping my next doctor appointment puts me into labor and I can finally have this baby! I bought a few frozen pizzas and boxes of mac n cheese for hubby to make himself and the squirt while I'm in there.

I kind of changed the plan this week already because something came up last night that had me staying later at work. Then I remembered- duh- DS an I leave for Disney next week and DH will be here alone. So here's what the next two week look like:

Wed (7-4, which turned in to close to 7!): instead of turkey salad I took some leftover roast mixed with bbq sauce and some buns we had and made bbq beef sandwiches
Thu (off): turkey chef salad
Fri (1-10): bean burritos and guacamole
Sat (7-4): out after church

Sun (10-7): meatloaf and mashed potatoes
Mon (7-5): crock pot chicken and veggies with crusty bread
Tue (off): shrimp quesadillas with guacamole- doing meatless since we'll be at Disney Friday (not sure what park) and I don't know what options we'll have
Wed: DS and I leave in the afternoon for WDW, making beef enchiladas for DH at his request
Thu: MK day for us, leftovers for DH
Fri: AK or DHS for us, DH said he'll use a free pizza coupon
Sat: Universal for us, DH going to dinner with friends

Sun: heading home for us, leftovers for DH
Mon (off): crispy pork chops with corn and biscuits
Tue (off): taco salad
Wed (1-10): chicken wraps with fruit
Thu (1-10): beefy cheese cornbread casserole
Fri (8-5): cheese enchiladas with beans
Sat (6-4): dinner out before church
Sun (off): Easter dinner- ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, rolls, chocolate icebox pie

I have started to meal prep for the days I work to be sure I have a quick and easy breakfast, lunch, and snack ready to go each day. On my off days I don't worry about it so much since I have more time. I even bought some new containers to use JUST for this which I will get today (had them shipped to my cousin to make it easier). This will all start after I go to the store on Tuesday!

So here is the plan for the next couple of weeks:

Tonight: Possibly lentil, sweet potato, and coconut curry with rice (depends on when I come home from visiting my cousin and nephews)
Tomorrow: Either L/O of the curry OR actually making the curry
Saturday: Eggs and hashbrowns
Sunday: L/O curry or a sandwich of some sort (my work schedule got really screwy and threw me off for the weekend)

Monday: Potato soup (from the freezer)
Tuesday: Rotisserie chicken, roasted vegetables, and mashed potatoes or pasta (Grocery day and meal prep day for Wed/Thu)
Wednesday: B: Yogurt Cups
L: L/O
S: Almonds, vegetables with dressing
D: Chicken enchiladas
Thursday: B: Yogurt cup
S: Almonds, vegetables with dressing
D: L/O
Friday: L/O
Saturday: Brown sugar and soy glazed salmon with broccoli rice
Sunday: Slow cooker braised ribs, rice, and roasted vegetables (meal prep day for Mon/Tues)

Monday: B: Yogurt cup
L: Chicken salad, crackers
S: Nuts, vegetables with dressing
Tuesday: B: Yogurt cup
L: Chicken salad, crackers
S: Nuts, vegetables with dressing
Wednesday: Baked potato with broccoli
Thursday: Vegetarian Ramen Bowls (meal prep day for Fri/Sat)
Friday: B: Oatmeal cups
S: Hardboiled egg, nuts
Saturday: B: Oatmeal cups
L: Baked potato with broccoli
S: Hardboiled egg, nuts
Sunday: Easter (no idea what the plans are besides there will be a family meal of some sort)

Monday: Maybe L/O if I can steal some or Eggs and toast if I can't haha

have started to meal prep for the days I work to be sure I have a quick and easy breakfast, lunch, and snack ready to go each day. On my off days I don't worry about it so much since I have more time. I even bought some new containers to use JUST for this which I will get today (had them shipped to my cousin to make it easier). This will all start after I go to the store on Tuesday!

Meal prepping my work breakfasts/lunches/snacks for the whole week is really a lifesaver! It has saved so much money, been a healthier change, and honestly just tastes better than whatever my work cafeteria was cooking up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter