Eat at Home 3!

Sunday: Free Panera from gift card
Monday: Steak, baked potato, bread
Tuesday: Leftovers
Wednesday: Pasta, garlic bread
Thursday: DH Birthday dinner - not sure what he wants
Friday: Tacos
Saturday: Hamburgers/brats, fruit, chips

Wed: Chicken thighs seasoned w/ aleppo pepper and turmeric, roasted carrots, sauteed cabbage
Thurs: Kung Pao chicken and rice
Fri: Pad Thai (if my mung bean sprouts are done)

I actually have a list and plans for further, but I'm too lazy to get it. But that's the next 3 days. We'll have ma po dofu for lunch one day, too, since I bought 4 months of supplies from the asian grocery store, including a block of tofu (and dried soy beans to make our own tofu in the future).

It's July - I've been lazy.

I got fresh wild caught yellow tail for a steal of a price ($1.99/lb), so as usual, I fileted it and brought home all the rest of the fish (sans the scales/guts/gross stuff - although this time I took the heads) - that helped make dinner 2 days. Here is/was the plan:)...

Sun - Baked Yellowtail with Mayo, Panko, Garlic, Lemon, Dill (this was awesome), Mashed Potatoes, Cucumber Dill Salad, Strawberries and Dragon Fruit
Mon - Sesame Garlic Chicken Tenders, Sesame Garlic Roasted Broccoli, Fish Grits, Blueberries and Clementines
Tues - Sloppy Joes, Roasted Asian Green Squash, Strawberries
Wed - Dairy-Free Indian Butter Chicken and Veg (Japanese Eggplant, Onion, Bell Pepper), Naan, Rice, Cherries
Thurs - Chicken Fajita Bowls (Onions, Peppers, Avocado, Black Beans, Zucchini, Rice), More Cherries and Blueberries
Fri - OUT
Sat - Leftovers from the Friday night or Hmart Noodles with some Korean sushi (Game night, so I like to eat light:))...

Wow. That is an amazing price on yellowtail, my favorite fish.

Yeah, at Hmart, you buy the whole fish and they carve it in front of you, so I usually bring almost all of it home, b/c I pay for it anyway - even so, it's still wild caught fresh filet for probably $3.99/lb, and the free makings of a pot of great fish stock:)...that goes in my fish grits, which have become a family favorite this summer. They say I've finally arrived as a true modern southern chef (since I grew up in NJ, so I didn't have grits til I was an adult:)...

I went on a halibut fishing trip several years ago and was the only person on the whole boat who wanted the carcasses. I thought it was weird--we caught the fish, why wouldn't we want the heads and bones for stock?

I so wish I lived closer to an HMart. It's my favorite store.

DH has to work a modified schedule next week an do some 3rd shifts, so I planned things that can be taken and re-heated easier on those nights.

Aloha pizza
chicken alfredo with broccoli
black bean burritos with guacamole
Cobb salad wraps with fruit
Fiesta tortellini
beefy rice and veggie skillet

Today: Lunch--fattoush salad Dinner: Pad Prik King

Monday: Steak, mushroom, and bleu cheese salad

Tuesday: Sichuan orange chicken with broccoli

Wednesday: Miso glazed salmon and roasted veggies

Thursday: Beef and veggie kabobs, pita bread, cucumber salad

Friday: Lemon cod with crispy garlic potatoes, green salad

Here’s our dinner lineup:

M - Orzo with roasted eggplant and feta
T - Chicken sliders, Slaw, baked fries
W- Pesto chicken bake, rice, Zucchini
Th - Crescent wrapped Hotdogs, Fruit salad, Baked beans
F - Pizza

Saturday: Brats, cheesy potatoes
Sunday: Jalapeno chicken casserole, watermelon
Monday: Leftover brats, watermelon, zucchini fritters
Tuesday: zucchini pasta with sauce, garlic bread
Wednesday: Corn, Black bean, rice dish
Thursday: Sweet potato hash, eggs
Friday: Home made pizza

Welp, I did NOT stick to the menu last week because I got so hung up on Hot Thai Kitchen. LOVE that website, and we literally had Thai food every day last week. Plus homemade falafel pita sandwiches for lunch that were completely off menu. But, I will stick to the plan better this week.

Sunday: Beef with broccoli and rice
Monday: Pad Thai
Tuesday: Homemade combination pizza
Wednesday: Sauteed scallops, Mushroom risotto, and asparagus
Thursday: Thai salad wraps and tofu green curry (hopefully with my first batch of homemade tofu)
Friday: Pad Kee Mao
Saturday: Korean BBQ chicken, rice, spinach side dish, soy bean side dish, radish kimchi

Saturday: Chipotle (mom wasn't feeling well)
Sunday: Black bean, corn, chicken casserole
Monday: Leftovers
Tuesday: Sweet potato hash
Wednesday: Lentil chili
Thursday: leftovers
Friday: zucchini lasagna

Welp, I did NOT stick to the menu last week because I got so hung up on Hot Thai Kitchen. LOVE that website, and we literally had Thai food every day last week.

Ooo... that site looks so cool. Will need to go through the recipes and see what I can make. Love Thai food but mostly stick to curries and Pad Thai. Any suggestions?

This weeks meals:

Breakfast: Eggs, veggies, hashbrowns
Lunch: Sandwiches with fruit
Dinner:
Sunday-Tuesday: Beef stew and homemade corn bread
Wednesday-Thursday: Veggie hummus pasta
Friday-Saturday: Hibachi chicken with stir fried zucchini, onions, carrots, and mushrooms

Ooo... that site looks so cool. Will need to go through the recipes and see what I can make. Love Thai food but mostly stick to curries and Pad Thai. Any suggestions?

This weeks meals:

Breakfast: Eggs, veggies, hashbrowns
Lunch: Sandwiches with fruit
Dinner:
Sunday-Tuesday: Beef stew and homemade corn bread
Wednesday-Thursday: Veggie hummus pasta
Friday-Saturday: Hibachi chicken with stir fried zucchini, onions, carrots, and mushrooms
Well for me, it was mostly pad thai and curries. The only pad thai I'd ever made before was comically bad (and now I know it was because I used the wrong kind of tamarind paste). My husband loves pad thai and we are not going out, so I decided it was time to move past that one time I made it. It was sort of a block for me because it was so bad that we laughed, threw it away, and went out to a Thai restaurant.

So I made her pad thai, green curry, massaman curry in the instant pot, kale fried rice, salad rolls with garlic dipping sauce, pad prik king (twice), a non-traditional cauliflower appetizer, and a broccoli side dish. All with store bought curry paste (maesri brand) though she does have homemade recipes as well. I'd made a huge trip to the Asian grocery store, so I have kaffir lime leaves and galangal that I bought and froze. I'm kind of a novice at Thai food--in the past I just dumped a can of curry paste into a can of coconut milk without any other seasoning, which was okay, but not quite right.

Well for me, it was mostly pad thai and curries. The only pad thai I'd ever made before was comically bad (and now I know it was because I used the wrong kind of tamarind paste). My husband loves pad thai and we are not going out, so I decided it was time to move past that one time I made it. It was sort of a block for me because it was so bad that we laughed, threw it away, and went out to a Thai restaurant.

So I made her pad thai, green curry, massaman curry in the instant pot, kale fried rice, salad rolls with garlic dipping sauce, pad prik king (twice), a non-traditional cauliflower appetizer, and a broccoli side dish. All with store bought curry paste (maesri brand) though she does have homemade recipes as well. I'd made a huge trip to the Asian grocery store, so I have kaffir lime leaves and galangal that I bought and froze. I'm kind of a novice at Thai food--in the past I just dumped a can of curry paste into a can of coconut milk without any other seasoning, which was okay, but not quite right.

I'd LOVE to learn how to make these things!! Recipes? Is it super hard? I've been trying to learn how to make new things.

I'd LOVE to learn how to make these things!! Recipes? Is it super hard? I've been trying to learn how to make new things.
I used the this website: https://hot-thai-kitchen.com/

It wasn't hard at all! Like Maangchi does for Korean food, the Hot Thai Kitchen lady has a video with every recipe so you can watch how she makes it first. I found almost all the ingredients needed at my local Asian grocery store, with a few stragglers that I forget or didn't find picked up from Amazon. It was fun. We used to go out to Thai a lot, so it's been nice having that added to our home cooking.

Here’s my dinner menu this week!

M - Spaghetti and green salad
T - Broccoli cheese Quiche and watermelon
W - Chicken w/ peanut sauce
Jasmine rice
Edamame
Egg drop soup
T - Pork tenderloin, Mashed potatoes, Fruit salad
F - Pizza

Been busy and haven't posted in a while, but here's the menu for next week, which includes grilling a bunch tomorrow to use throughout the week:

grilled steak pinwheels with grilled corn on the cob
sausage/squash/zucchini kabobs with rice
turkey burgers with fries
fruit glazed pork chops with roasted potatoes
hot dogs with fruit
beef soft tacos

Well, after 5 months working from home, I am back in the office now. I work at a university, and our students are making their way back to campus for a hybrid semester. Not sure how long it will be before we are all sent back home, but It's nice to be back. I am a social person, and I missed the students and my co-workers a lot. Being back at the office also means streamlining the meal plans again. Working from home allowed me to spend a bit more time in the kitchen, which I did enjoy. But now it's back to labor intensive meals only on the weekends. That said, here is the menu this week:

Tonight:
Grilled Pork Chops
Skillet Fried "Tators"
Okra (fresh from our garden)
Cuke and Tomato Marinated Salad (fresh from our garden)

Taco Tuesday:
Taco Boats
Fresh Pineapple Slices

Wednesday:
Manwich
Oven Fries

Thursday:
Chicken and Veg Fried Rice
Egg Rolls

Friday:
Tuna Salad
Crackers

Saturday: (celebrating the 9th anniversary of my 40th birthday :rolleyes1 )
Smoked Ribs and Chicken
Hashbrown Casserole
Italian Stewed Green Beans
Deviled Eggs
Homemade Ice Cream

Sunday:
Low Country Boil (We bought LOTS of shrimp right off the boat while we were down at the Gulf for July 4th. Our freezer is stocked with it.)
French Baguette

Saturday: Steak and baked potatoes
Sunday: Chili Dogs, chips
Monday: Spicy Chicken Roll up, Rice, Green beans
Tuesday: Pasta with squash and mushrooms
Wednesday: Sticky Chicken thighs, rice, green beans
Thursday: Chicken Enchilada casserole, fire roasted corn
Friday: Leftovers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter