Eat at Home 3!

Howdy gang.. i was sick yesterday so my menu will start today.. Just Hubs and I for dinners this week..

Today Burgers
Wed - might go to free movie - back to the future so maybe out - if not then we'll have Crunch Onion Pork chops, noodles and green beans
Thurs - Zuppa soup
Friday - I'll have fish tacos and hubs will have pizza
Saturday - Chinese..

We ran a bunch of errands this afternoon and decided to eat at our favorite BBQ joint. It is worth every penny and I have tons leftover for lunch tomorrow.

Howdy gang.. i was sick yesterday so my menu will start today.. Just Hubs and I for dinners this week..

Today Burgers
Wed - might go to free movie - back to the future so maybe out - if not then we'll have Crunch Onion Pork chops, noodles and green beans
Thurs - Zuppa soup
Saturday - Chinese..

WHOO FREE Movie night for me and hubs.. Dinner will be a footloong subway split before the movie and popcorn once we get there!

I just found this thread and am excited to see all the dinner ideas!

Thu - Spinach Ravioli from Costco, green drink (spinach, kale, banana, pineapple, flax seed)

Fri - Dragon Noodles, asparagus, green drink

Sat - Maple Dijon Chicken, pesto potatoes

Sun - Peanut butter chicken from "Don't Panic Dinner's in the Freezer", rice, green drink

I just found this thread and am excited to see all the dinner ideas!

Thu - Spinach Ravioli from Costco, green drink (spinach, kale, banana, pineapple, flax seed)

Fri - Dragon Noodles, asparagus, green drink

Sat - Maple Dijon Chicken, pesto potatoes

Sun - Peanut butter chicken from "Don't Panic Dinner's in the Freezer", rice, green drink

OMG I looked up the PB Chicken and it looks tasty!!!!

Just found this thread so on the bandwagon late! DW and I tend to eat out way more than we should, but a calculating error/transposition of numbers while budgeting for our upcoming trip means a tightening of our belts so we can make our monthly payments to the Mouse without dipping into savings. And we both need to shed some weight before we go, do it's all to the good.

Last night's dinner was pan roasted salmon fillets crusted with dukkah, with brown rice and oven roasted Brussels sprouts.

Tonight, it'll be this concoction I make with stew beef slow cooked in a crock pot, then mixed with pasta, sautéed mushrooms and onions.

OMG I looked up the PB Chicken and it looks tasty!!!!

Wow, just looked it up as well, and it's remarkably similar to a recipe I've been making for years (which I came up with on my own). Here I thought I was clever and creative LOL! I serve mine with udon noodles though, instead of rice. Never thought to try freezing it, though. Sensing the need for a day of cooking/freezing soon!

I made Chicken Curry yesterday. It was really yummy. I might post it on my blog later.

Wow, just looked it up as well, and it's remarkably similar to a recipe I've been making for years (which I came up with on my own). Here I thought I was clever and creative LOL! I serve mine with udon noodles though, instead of rice. Never thought to try freezing it, though. Sensing the need for a day of cooking/freezing soon!

would you like to share your recipe? :)

Today Burgers
Thurs - Zuppa soup
Saturday - Chinese..

WHOO FREE Movie night Wednesday for me and hubs.. Dinner will be a footloong subway split before the movie and popcorn once we get there!

so actually last night we had the Crunchy Onion Pork chops, rice pilaf and yellow beans.. No Zuppa Soup this week..
and a few more changes..
tonight we are having the Chinese and on Sat we will both have Pizza.. Sunday we will cook out steaks on the grill!

Sunday: Turkey Burgers, oranges, mac and cheese
Monday: Pasta, bread, salad
Tuesday:Grilled chicken, corn, craberries
Wednesday: Track Meet - fast food
Thursday: Steak Faijitas
Friday: Fish, baked potatoes, left over corn, cranberries

Next week's menu...

Saturday:
Jambalaya
French Baguette
Salad

Sunday:
Mongolian Beef (http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2013/01/slow-cooker-mongolian-beef.html)
Rice
Crab Ragoon

Meatless Monday:
Tortellini Casserole- carry over from last week's menu (http://www.5dollardinners.com/tortellini-casserole/#_a5y_p=1392084)
Garlic Toast

Tuesday:
Dorito Beef Casserole (http://www.mommyskitchen.net/2013/07/ma-maws-mexican-casserole-aka-dorito.html#more)
Fresh Pineapple

Wednesday:
Meatloaf
Mashed Potatoes
Green Peas

Thursday:
Penne with Chicken Thighs (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/10/penne-with-chicken-thighs/)
Oven Roasted Broccoli

Friday:
Leftovers or Take out Pizza

Oh, I have been so busy with spring break that I haven't posted for a while. Time to get back into the swing of things.

Friday- three cheese tortellini
Saturday- homemade pizza
Sunday- BBQ chcken, roasted potatoes, and broccoli
Monday- tacos and nachos
Tuesday- chicken Marsala, risotto, and caprese salad
Wednesday- sushi salad with smoked salmon and avocado

would you like to share your recipe? :)

I'll be happy to :-) But it'll be after I make it again (hopefully tomorrow!). Unless I'm making someone else's recipe, I'm one of those never measure cooks, just "eyeballing" things then tasting and adjusting as need be, so I honestly have no idea how much of anything I use lol. I can say the sauce consists of PB, garlic, aji mirin, tamari (or low sodium soy sauce if I can't find it) , hoisin, sriracha and a bit of sesame oil, plus water to thin it out a bit. I was trying to replicate the Thai peanut sauce from a restaurant I loved. Didn't get it right but I ended up liking mine better anyway!

Last night my uncle treated us to a fish fry at the local church.

Tonight I am making spaghetti with homemade turkey meatballs, salad, and garlic bread

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter