ECV to Pioneer Hall

mickeyfanz

Mouseketeer
We've rented an ECV for my DH's grandmother and now we are trying to figure out some of the logistics of getting around with it. One thing I am wondering about is our evening at the Hoop-de-Doo. Grandma will be staying at Old Key West so we will have both bus and have a car. We plan to do the 5pm Hoop-de-Doo and then go over to MK after the show for the EMH that evening.

What do you think is the best way to get her there? Should we drive and if so, where should we drive to - the TTC or Fort Wilderness? Is there handicapped parking right at Pioneer Hall (I think I read somewhere you can't park there and have to get there via a bus?)? And for getting to MK, can she ride the ECV onto one of the boats to MK or what?

Hoping to get some good tips from those who have "been there". Thanks so much for your help!

mickeyfanz said:
We've rented an ECV for my DH's grandmother and now we are trying to figure out some of the logistics of getting around with it. One thing I am wondering about is our evening at the Hoop-de-Doo. Grandma will be staying at Old Key West so we will have both bus and have a car. We plan to do the 5pm Hoop-de-Doo and then go over to MK after the show for the EMH that evening.

What do you think is the best way to get her there? Should we drive and if so, where should we drive to - the TTC or Fort Wilderness? Is there handicapped parking right at Pioneer Hall (I think I read somewhere you can't park there and have to get there via a bus?)? And for getting to MK, can she ride the ECV onto one of the boats to MK or what?

Hoping to get some good tips from those who have "been there". Thanks so much for your help!
You will need to take a bus from the Reception center to Pioneer Hall. YOu can park at the Reception Center. Bus doesn''t go directly to Ft Wilderness. You can go to MK and then to WL and then another bus to Ft Wilderness or take the boat if the water level is ok. Decide where you want to return to and park theref you drive.

Last November we took my ECV to HDDR. We took a bus to MK then the ferry to Ft Wilderness and then the short"walk" to pioneer hall. The water level was
on the lower side but the captain said it was okay. My DH did have to lift the ECV up a bit for me to make it off the ferry. I would definitely check the water level before getting on the ferry. But if I remember from previous trips to HDDR there are two bus changes to get to pioneer hall. We have not driven so I don't know that route.

If you want to drive, park at the entrance to FW. From there you will need to board a bus to Pioneer Hall. After the Hoop, you can take the boat to the MK and return to FW by boat as well.....and then catch a bus back to the entrance of FW.

You could also take a bus to MK from OKW and then take the boat to FW. After the Hoop, take the boat to MK and catch the bus back to OKW after you are finished at the MK.

There used to be a very convenient bus from the TTC to WL &FW that was recently discontinued. If that route is restored, I would park at the TTC and take the bus to FW...you'll be right by Pioneer Hall. Afterwards, you could take the boat to the MK or take the bus back to the TTC and then the monorail or ferry to MK. Or take the boat to MK and return to the TTC at the end of the night by ferry or monorail. Even though it involves an extra step, I would do that. My daughter has taken the boat with her power chair and it is a tight fit around the corner entering/exiting. In addition, it took both my husband and the boat captain to push her chair over the "lip" when exiting the boat. That probably varies according to water heights. Eliminating that route is an experiment of sorts I think so perhaps it will be restored.

Oh, and there is no parking at Pioneer Hall itself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter