EGG & NUT allergys

feenie

DIS Veteran
We are going to be bringing our friends son (he will be 8 when we go) to WDW next fall. He is allergic to eggs and nuts. (and peas.... But I don't think we will be seeing too many of those on vacation!;) ).
Does anyone have any experience with this type of issue.
It is easy to get ingredient lists at the counter service as well as sit down food spots. We really want him to do a character meal, but I am concerned that the buffet or family style way of serving would be too hard to find out the ingredients for EVERY thing he could choose from....
Any suggestions??
Thanks!:D

My DD has a peanut allergy. When we make a PS we tell them to list it on the reservation. We have had the chief come out and go over the menu with us. Also I know that PB&J is made outside and brought in wrapped so nothing is contaminated. I always worry and we are careful but we have never had an issue at the park. There is a first aid station in each park also. Enjoy your trip.:D

I'm allergic to all tree nuts, peanuts, scallops, and coconut.

I would avoid Boma at dinner, it's a nut nightmare.

I don't do many counter service places, so can't help too much there.

As soon as the server comes by, I let them know about my allergies, and they send the chef out. I try to have a first and second choice already selected if it's a full service place. If it's a buffet, the chef will walk you through it.

With a nut allergy, basically teh buffet desserts are all off, The chef will bring fresh fruit or a nut free dessert directly from the kitchen when you are ready.

Anne

I have tree nut and shell fish allergies and have never had a problem at Disney. I always tell the waiter as soon as we are seated and the chef comes out and goes over the menu or walks the buffet with me, pointing out what is safe and what to stay away from. I carry my epi-pen just in case though. :D

My 2 year old is a type 1 diabetic and has a peanut/tree nut allergy. When I made PS reservations I was also given phone numbers for the restaurants and told to call them about a week beforehand to discuss his dining needs. The resort chefs were also willing to help us out with meals whenever needed.

I also was sent via email a list of peanut safe foods in the parks when I called the dining services for the Magic Kingdom. That was very helpful as it does list peanut free items in the ice cream carts as well as some of the counter service spots.

Since this is your son's friend perhaps you haven't had occassion to use an epi-pen but make sure you know how to do it before you go. It amazes me how swift and horrible an allergic reaction can be - just make sure you are prepared to do what is needed if the worst happens! I've read nothing but good things about WDW trips for those with allergies.

Have a great trip!

thanks for the Replies!
I'm sure it will be fine. We just don't want to get him excited about eating any particular place only to find out he can't really eat much there.
:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter