• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Electronic Copy Of Birth Certificate

When I last flew with my son who was 1 at the time, I was asked for a birth certificate at TSA. I had brought it just in case but was surprised they asked. A friend flying with her little one flying on the same flight as us was not asked. I think it all depends on the TSA agent.
I find that EXTREMELY hard to believe. No ID is required by TSA for those under 18. Once DD got her license, we flew shortly after and DD was insistent on showing it (because she had it).

When I last flew with my son who was 1 at the time, I was asked for a birth certificate at TSA. I had brought it just in case but was surprised they asked. A friend flying with her little one flying on the same flight as us was not asked. I think it all depends on the TSA agent.
Did he have his own seat?

I find that EXTREMELY hard to believe. No ID is required by TSA for those under 18. Once DD got her license, we flew shortly after and DD was insistent on showing it (because she had it).
ID isn't required for those under 18 but a BP is required. Lap child, show proof of age. Maybe this is something new. Isolated incident.

I have travelled many times with children who were obviously not my biological children. Never needed to show anything. I had a letter from our social worker but that was more to authorize us to make emergency medical decisions for our foster kids. A couple times the kids were asked their names or where they were going but that’s about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter