Emeril's????

im sure its good. ive never been there personally but im sure that if u like the stuff that he makes on tv, u should like what he has at his restaurants.

The food is excellent. The only thing we did not know that really got us in the wallet is that refills on drinks are NOT free.... We tend to drink a lot of soda especially at dinner and it never occured to us that they would not be free refills, in this day and age everyone offeres free refills. Well, we still laugh about it today (my friend had something like 9 sodas during the meal :) ).

With Emeril's when the food is good it is wonderful...we love doing the digustation..a pre-set meal with wine parings.

Also..consider his other restaurant..Tchoup Chop..at Universals Royal Pacific Resort..a wonderful place to eat.

That's good to hear since we have reservations for July 19. I thought my DH would get a kick out of it since that's the only show he likes to watch on the cooking channel. Here's a question though, when I made the reservation I made it for 5. Myself, DH, 2 DD and DS. My kids are 4, 5 and 6. Will they be out of place there. If so I could always put them in the kids program at HRH. Thanks.

With kids your age, I would go to Emeril's Tchoup Chop at the Royal Pacific instead of Emeril's at City Walk. Even though Emeril's has a kids menu, the place is pretty upscale and expensive. Personally I couldn't find nything I would eat on the menu. It was all too gourmet for me.

We really enjoyed Tchoup Chop. We went at lunch time. The food was really good and the atmosphere/decor was beautiful.

Check out his website for the menus and some pictures:

http://www.emerils.com

Maggie

We've eaten at his New Orleans restaurants and WOW!! We are stopping on our way to the airport to check out his newest at Universal!

pirate:

were going to dw from 10/20-10/27. Is emerils hard to get a reservation for? how early do i need to book a reservation?

Tchoup choup was AMAZING. I hold Disney restaurant experiences near and dear to my heart....but I hate to say it.....Tchoup choup at Royal Pacific Resort TOPPED all of them. It was beautiful. The food was exquisite. Nothing like I have ever tasted or experienced before. I HIGHLY recommend experiencing Tchoup choup to everyone. We even stayed at RPR and that was wonderful as well. I'm not a Universal or IoA fan, so in the future I'll only go to RPR to dine at Tchoup choup. We booked RPR at the LAST minute because originally Universal set us up off the resort with a Holiday Inn and the place was DISGUSTING. We called Universal and complained and they set us up at RPR at the same rate as Holiday Inn. So when we arrived, we walked around and decided to call Tchoup choup and we reserved dinner the next night. I don't think you'll have any problems if you book once you arrive.

Emeril's now has online reservation booking 6 mos in advance. I looked over the menus and Emeril's looks much more appealing to us than Tchoup Chop which has more of a Polynesian flair. Emeril's does say 'business casual' or 'smart casual' so that might indicate how many smaller children are usually there. We're planning to go there after spending the day at Islands of Adventure which should be a challenge to stay 'decent looking'. Since we're going in December it's not likely we'd be in shorts and tees at least.

Tchoup choup was AMAZING. I hold Disney restaurant experiences near and dear to my heart....but I hate to say it.....Tchoup choup at Royal Pacific Resort TOPPED all of them.

Isn't it great that we have the option to go and eat at both great resorts? We will definitely be venturing over to Universal next trip to try their restaurants! :)

Originally posted by disney4us2002
Emeril's now has online reservation booking 6 mos in advance. I looked over the menus and Emeril's looks much more appealing to us than Tchoup Chop which has more of a Polynesian flair. Emeril's does say 'business casual' or 'smart casual' so that might indicate how many smaller children are usually there. We're planning to go there after spending the day at Islands of Adventure which should be a challenge to stay 'decent looking'. Since we're going in December it's not likely we'd be in shorts and tees at least.

Did Emeril's Orlando menu change???? I remember last November it was all "foie gras" and "duck confit" or "duck 3 ways". But I just read over the menu today and there was lots of "normal" stuff (to me at least). In November I was hard pressed to find even one thing I liked, but now there seems to be lots of good stuff on there?????

Maggie

We were there last in 2002 and it was excellent. There was a little boy at the table next to us (maybe age 5) and he wanted to thank the chef personally. The server told him to stick by his leg and he took him into the kitchen. You'd have thought this kid had seen Emeril himself, he was soooo excited when he got back. The chef made something just for him back in the kitchen. It was adorable. I don't think they do this all the time, but it was a very special memory for this family.

By the way, DH had a steak to DIE for, and he STILL talks about the banana pudding to this day.

does the degustation menu include wine pairings? can you get the wine removed from it? I love wine, but I'm doing this menu in May and I'm planning to drive to Pleasure Island afterward, so the wine is out.

The wine pairing is optional--2 of us did it and the other 2 did not...and the Degustation is AWESOME!!! They gave us a copy of the menu to bring home as a souvenier.

We felt a little out of place as we had been at IOA all day, so we were definitely casual, but we were welcomed anyway. It was an incredible meal and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

We went back over for a quick meal last fall (sat in the bar area since we didn't have a reservation) but it was equally good. I highly recommend Emeril's. It is one restaurant experience that my DH still talks about to this day.

Sue Ellen

thanks sueellen - my friend will no doubt get the wine and maybe I can sip hers. I'll be jealous but I don't want to end up having to skip the Adventurers Club, so I can watch her do the wine thing while I stick with water.

we had the worst experience and the rudest treatment we had a reservation and even confirmed befor we left we we arrived there and informed the desk we had a reservation the gentelman and we use the term very loosely at the desk informed us we had no reservation i even gave him our reservation number he again said he showed no reservation and he even asked if our area code was 716 which it is I asked him if we had no reservation how did he know our area code then he got very nasty we have written Emeral twice on this matter and have gotten no reply which says he is not the customer frindly person he acts he is we will never try to eat at any Emeral's again

All I can say about Emeril's Tchoup choup is WOW!!! It was one of the best meals I ever had. We had the chefs sampler, preset menu, and it was outstanding. DH and I (grandma watched the kids) usually don't get appetizers and dessert, because we can't eat all of it. But this option offered smaller portions, so we didn't feel guilty having dessert because we finished our dinners! (ha) The service was the best of any I have ever experienced, and can't even imagine a rude employee lasting there for an hour. The restaurant is beautiful, but I guess they had so much trouble with the waterfall on the back wall that they gave up on it. We have also eaten there for lunch, and would recommend that as a slightly cheaper (but by no means inexpensive) way to go. It was a first class act from entering the room to walking out the door. Loved it! P.S. There were quite a few kids in there, (early, about 6:00) ranging in ages from about 2-14. I don't know what they ate, because there is definitely no chicken fingers or mac and cheese on that menu. Wait a minute, there WAS mac and cheese, some kind of gourmet dish! Anyway, the kids were all well behaved. I would not take DS4 and DS6 there, because they can be quite "active" in a restaurant, and I wouldn't want to be asked to leave. It all depends on how well behaved they are, and how open to different foods they are. You could always feed them before you went there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter