Enough is Enough: Resorts to Charge for Overnight Parking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the wording is a little confusing, if it means booking before or if you're staying after that date. I emailed Disney asking for clarification since I have two upcoming stays, one is this weekend so looks like I won't have to pay the fee, but the November one I made before 3/21 so I'm not sure if it counts or not.
I'm wondering about this as well. And if I need to make a change/modify my reservation after March 21st, is this considered a new reservation?

I'm wondering about this as well. And if I need to make a change/modify my reservation after March 21st, is this considered a new reservation?
When they reply I'll post the response here (hopefully it's before 3/21 lol) I feel like a modification shouldn't be considered a new booking since you keep your original order number.

Las Vegas resorts have free self parking for one...

The other cities you listed all have one thing in common... a parking shortage which Disney resorts dont have.

Trust me... I stay at them and you dont, remember?

Love the internet tough talk

Vegas resorts do not all have free parking. I was just there a few months ago. TI has it, many of the others don't.

The hotels in the big cities usually don't have parking shortages. Regardless of whether they do or not, they still charge their guests to park. My point is that people freak out about Disney charging for it, but not thousands upon thousands of other hotels that have been doing the same thing for decades now? I don't get it. Sure, it stinks, no arguing that. But it's not some wrinkle WDW thought of to steal money. It's an industry standard that IMO they're late getting to (which was a good thing).

And what does the fact that you stay in a WDW hotel and I don't have to do with the price of tea in China?

If you take it as "tough talk" because I don't have the same opinion as you, sorry to hear that. To me, discussion boards are about discussion. You expressed an opinion. I gave a countering view point. That's often how discussions and debates go. Just like you're welcome to say you think it's ridiculous, I'm welcome to say I don't see it that way. I see it as WDW going to something that is pretty industry standard in many spots.

Last edited:
This will still not affect parks. They will still be packed and crowded. As long as people keep going prices will keep going up. Supply and demand and demand is really high. I’ll still be there in 2019 and hopefully every year after.

No extra benefit for staying on property now if you drive. Stay at 4 Seasons or one by Disney Springs and you get Extra Magic Hours now. So just stay there and save money.

I don’t think you can make dining reservations 180 days in advance staying off property can you? So the chance of booking CRT or BOG is slim to none for some families that make that part of every trip.

Last edited:
Makes me happy I stay offsite, and yes, I know many offsite locations (though not the houses I rent) charge an additional fee for parking / internet / etc. However, the price of onsite rooms was already much higher than the price of those offsite locations with their resort fees included, and now there is a separate parking fee being added onto the already steep prices for the onsite rooms. I get it, they are in business to make money, but wow.

I don’t think you can make dining reservations 180 days I advance staying off property can you? So the chance of booking CRT or BOG is slim to none for some families that make that part of every trip.

Anyone can make dining reservations 180 days in advance. You just don’t get the 180+10 staying offsite.

Also, if you’re patient, you can almost always get the reservation you want. I got a BOG dinner 3 weeks out once (I’d only booked my trip like 70 days out so I was behind to start with.)

Vegas resorts do not all have free parking. I was just there a few months ago. TI has it, many of the others don't.

The hotels in the big cities usually don't have parking shortages. Regardless of whether they do or not, they still charge their guests to park. My point is that people freak out about Disney charging for it, but not thousands upon thousands of other hotels? I don't get it.

And what does the fact that you stay in a WDW hotel and I don't have to do with the price of tea in China?

If you take it as "tough talk" because I don't have the same opinion as you, sorry to hear that. To me, discussion boards are about discussion. You expressed an opinion. I gave a countering view point. That's often how discussions and debates go. Just like you're welcome to say you think it's ridiculous, I'm welcome to say I don't see it that way. I see it as WDW going to something that is pretty industry standard in many spots.

I think the anger comes from the contant price hikes yearly that Disney has guest pay. Disney is already one of the most expensive family vacations in the US that I know of. I know if my family and I were to do most other things it would cost us half the price. I think some faithful Disney fans that have gone years are becoming angry because they are truly being priced out. Like I said in another post. They will continue to raise prices because people will continue to pay. Some even when they shouldn’t. Credit card debt may become an all time high for some. Fortunately I plan to keep going until I can’t.

Now they just need to start charging a fee for Disney's Magical Express. .

Lol can't tell if your joking or not. I had the same though as in WHEN will they start charging for ME.
For myself ME is one of the main reasons, I stay on sit magic hours are nice but I like the ease of having the transportation available.

I don’t think you can make dining reservations 180 days I advance staying off property can you? So the chance of booking CRT or BOG is slim to none for some families that make that part of every trip.
Offsite guests can book ADR's 180 days out, but NOT 180+10 . . . so an offsite guest can book ADR's for the first day of their trip 180 days out from that day. The next day, they can book for the 2nd day of their trip, and so on. An onsite guest can book for the first 10 days of their trip 180 days from their first day. There is an advantage in ADR booking for onsite guests, but it isn't a huge advantage.

Since we already have a 100+ post thread on this topic and the rudeness is getting out of hand here, this thread is closed.

I'll take this opportunity to remind everyone that you are welcome to vent your displeasure at Disney here on the Resorts board, but if you attack each other, it's going to result in closed threads and infractions. Respond to posts with civility and respect, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter