• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Europa Park plus DLP in the same trip?

Pluto777

DIS Veteran
Is it too ambititous? We are thinking of flying in to Germany's Europa Park, then taking a train, bus or some type of paid shuttle (if it exists) to DLP. I prefer not to rent a car if possible. Is this too much for one trip?

Is it too ambititous? We are thinking of flying in to Germany's Europa Park, then taking a train, bus or some type of paid shuttle (if it exists) to DLP. I prefer not to rent a car if possible. Is this too much for one trip?
I am not sure it is too ambitious or not. It depends on how much time you spend here and how you organise your trip. I actually love Europapark, we go every year for my daughter's birthday. You can take the train (high speed train) from MLV(DLP) to Strasbourg and then bus or ride share or similar to Europa Park (or the other way around if you start with Europa park). If you fly from the US, it is probably best to land to FRA (Frankfurt) and then the train (check the EuroCityExpress Frankfurt-Milan). You could also try to land closer (Basel or Karlshruhe maybe?) but this might imply an additionnal connecting flight.

I agree with Mikalkwin, how much time would you like for each park, how many travel days do you have?
Car or train, in time it can take about the same time, depending if you can get a good connection in Strasbourg.

Hey Karin,

I figure 4-5 days in EP, and then 4-5 at DLP. In this way I can justify flying : ) We have never been to DLP or E.P. and normally to WDW we go at least 2.5-3 weeks. It seems based only on my short time of research that a week at DLP is pushing it, so I thought why not try to add on a trip to E.P. to stretch it out to 2 weeks. The kids are very excited about DLP, but not so much on E.P., so I thought to do E.P. first, and save DLP for the end.

I may just have to get over the fear of renting a car in a foriegn country and bite the bullet, rather than lugging small kids and suitcases through busses and trains..

Thanks as always for being so knowledgeable and responsive!

Hey Karin,

I figure 4-5 days in EP, and then 4-5 at DLP. In this way I can justify flying : ) We have never been to DLP or E.P. and normally to WDW we go at least 2.5-3 weeks. It seems based only on my short time of research that a week at DLP is pushing it, so I thought why not try to add on a trip to E.P. to stretch it out to 2 weeks. The kids are very excited about DLP, but not so much on E.P., so I thought to do E.P. first, and save DLP for the end.

I may just have to get over the fear of renting a car in a foriegn country and bite the bullet, rather than lugging small kids and suitcases through busses and trains..

Thanks as always for being so knowledgeable and responsive!

Well, you are safe from being too ambitious then :D
I usually stay 2 nights at Europa Park and that is enough. I really want to go to Rulantica that I have not visited yet. Hence, I would spend 1 full day there and 2 days at Europa Park. EP is well themed, has a lot more attractions than DLP. More thrill coasters, more rides for young kids. The only issue is that it is not Disney but really, the experience is great and worth it. If you are not a hardcore Disney fan, it is most likely that you will have a better time there than at DLP (I don't go to DLP anymore). The food can be great at the hotel buffets and not so much inside the park. Most of the hotels (except the one attached to Rulantica) is within walking distance from the park. I tried 3 of them and the theming is really nice.

I would recommend Spring or September if you are flexible regarding the dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter