Event swap Interest thread--new info post #1

Lisa, so glad you're getting to go back so soon!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with for MNSSHP costumes!!

And I'm loving the single element idea! That makes it easier for me to join groups!! :)

bummer! sorry we will be missing you!

are you planning on dressing up for MNSSHP??? I am! need to figure something out though!

we are excited to go back to, though this trip will be VERY basic, not all the extra''s this time!

I know the kids will be dressing up (at least Logan and Lexi), but don't know about myself an Justin. If we do, it will be a group thing. We were actually tossing around the idea of the Scooby Doo gang...but if not, I will wear a Halloweeny shirt at least. Lexi would like to be a lady bug and Logan hasno idea we are even going...not tlling him until we are heading for the airport. James and Lexi know because of school issues. (It is so much easier to get Logan's work on the sly!!) Our trip is fairly basic also. We are doing the party and the haunted carriage ride. Those are the only extras. We are even paying oop for dining instead of the plan. I was lucky and got a pin, so the room was cheaper though. It is, however, a long trip...we will be there 11 days, so I can't complain!

Cheryl - I'll definitely be in for single element groups!! What if for the mini kits, we did just general...like: Up to 5 people could sign up under each group (MNNSHP, MVMCP, F & W, etc) and each of them makes a mini for each person, but it is general to the theme. I think we would all come up with ideas different enough to be great! There are not a ton of options here, so it should be a fairly small swap. I can't wait...I have pictures for Halloween (soon to be adding more), Christmas and soon F & W!! I'd love to have pictures for Flower and Garden photos! Hmmmm....if there is a bounceback in our room, maybe Justin and I could go over our anniversary for a long weekend with no kids??!! Sorry...talking too much this morning!

Quick question! Will this have some groups for Star Wars weekend? I am in desperate need of those elements. :)

Sarah I can definately add SWW to the list :) Would you prefer single elements or mini-kits or both?

Cheryl - I'll definitely be in for single element groups!! What if for the mini kits, we did just general...like: Up to 5 people could sign up under each group (MNNSHP, MVMCP, F & W, etc) and each of them makes a mini for each person, but it is general to the theme. I think we would all come up with ideas different enough to be great! There are not a ton of options here, so it should be a fairly small swap. I can't wait...I have pictures for Halloween (soon to be adding more), Christmas and soon F & W!! I'd love to have pictures for Flower and Garden photos! Hmmmm....if there is a bounceback in our room, maybe Justin and I could go over our anniversary for a long weekend with no kids??!! Sorry...talking too much this morning!

Erin--I love this idea :thumbsup2 So we'll make mini-kits as well as single elemnts fo the general stuff :)

I know it's not an official Disney event per say, but what about birthdays at Disney? I know lots of people go to celebrate and maybe something more disney and less every day would be appropriate. I totally won't be offended if no one else is interested.

Flower and garden is appealing to me too. So many great pictures from 2009:scared1:

we are really excited to be going back....know I'm going to get some "What again" from certain people in my family though :lmao:

I'm thinking princess themed...my friend and her girls are thinking of that so we might as well join the princess party! her DH and 2 DS haven't decided as of yet!! but she thinks it would be fun if they were princes!

I am up for MNSSHP and flower & garden....don't think we will be doing to much at the food & wine while on our trip due to the kiddo's! good either way with small mini-kit groups and the individual pieces too!

I know it's not an official Disney event per say, but what about birthdays at Disney? I know lots of people go to celebrate and maybe something more disney and less every day would be appropriate. I totally won't be offended if no one else is interested.

Flower and garden is appealing to me too. So many great pictures from 2009:scared1:

I'll add birthday at Disney for single elements and see how many peeps we get :)

Ooooh!! Count me in for the Star Wars Weekend groups. I have 2 trips still needing to be scrapped. I'd join both the mini kit and single element groups.

Love the Star wars weekends and birthday idea! I've still got my 21st birthday trip to scrap and that was two years ago now!

Thanks! I assume there won't be enough interest for a Pixar Weekend group, as the very first one was this year (and it was legit only one weekend!). Was anyone else there, by chance?

I didn't even know about that. Are there other special events that I missed?

Here is the list so far:

Mini-kits (mat, box, title/topper, extra element):

Flower and Garden Festival
Food and Wine
General Disney Halloween
General Disney Christmas
Star Wars Weekend

Single element:

Celebrating a Birthday at Disney
Flower and Garden Festival
Food and Wine

MNSSHP (general)
Boo to You
Hallowishes
Characters in costume
Dance Party
Treat trail
Villains Stage Show

MVMCP (general)
Christmas Parade
Holiday Wishes
Characters in Holiday attire
Dance Party
Holiday treats

Star Wars Weekend

I love the mini-kits for each theme idea!!

I'm in for MNSSHP, F&W, and maybe F&G. . .just depends on when we'll go in 2013. (Sad, huh, how in advance I plan!!) I'm also in for the birthday group!

Cheryl - could we add the Villains stage show under the Halloween single elements and the Holiday Treats also under the Christmas single elements please??!! :hug:

Cheryl are you still planning on getting the list up tomorrow???
and can I send you my group list since I'm gone during sign ups??

Thanks!

Since there doesnt seem to be a Color swap this year and DL got pushed back a bit I may be able to join this one.
Please explain to me how single elements work. Would I just decide what I was making and make just that item for everyone in the group? I havnt done a single element swap before.
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter