Everything Disney Doll Related

I had second thoughts about passing on Eric and only getting Ursula last night so I went to the store to pick him up. I ended up getting Ursula as well because according to Facebook they oversold last night and a few people were getting emails saying their order had been cancelled. There were already people lined up for the Belle set, 3 hours early. That's just crazy to me, it's not on a first come bases so why wait that long? I wish I could have gone back for the raffle but it's almost an hour drive there and I had kids to pick up from school. I am crossing my fingers I can get them tonight.

I decided to try to get Belle & the Beast online tonight instead of doing the raffle. Hope I don't regret that, especially since we had an 8-hour long internet outage this morning. I always worry about not getting these dolls due to competition from other collectors, but I never stop to consider that I may lose out due to no internet. The outage started just before 4:00 A.M., two hours after Ursula and Eric went on sale. I'm putting a lot of faith in it not repeating anytime tonight, as well as this set lasting longer than Ursula/Eric. If my internet had not returned by noon today I was going to head to the store. It came back on at 11:45.

Once again, I did not see Ursula on the Disney store site until long after I bought her. Thank goodness for kind people out there who provide the direct link to the buy page.

according to Facebook they oversold last night and a few people were getting emails saying their order had been cancelled.

Even though I received my confirmation e-mail, I worried about getting an e-mail like this too, since I have read that people have experienced it. When my internet connection came back up, I checked my new e-mail messages with dread. I hope the time to worry about that has passed.

Good luck to all trying to get Belle!

Even though I received my confirmation e-mail, I worried about getting an e-mail like this too, since I have read that people have experienced it. When my internet connection came back up, I checked my new e-mail messages with dread. I hope the time to worry about that has passed. Good luck to all trying to get Belle!
Oh god, that's terrible!! I'd be CRUSHED to get an email telling me I didn't ACTUALLY get the doll :(

In happier news...I got Belle today!! So excited! My preordered Ariel, Belle, and Little Mermaid Blu-ray. Also could have the special edition 15th anniversary Harry Potter box set delivered today. Awesome end to a day that started at the dentist! :)

Spoke too soon. I went out to check the status of my order on the website and discovered it was "closed". :sad1: I called Disney and they confirmed the order was cancelled even though I have only received one e-mail letting me know it went through and the charge is still pending on my account. You'd think a cancellation e-mail could go out within 12 hours.

I could say that it would have been nice to know this early this morning so I might have attempted to buy her at the store, but my internet was down, so just a case of bad luck. I can't even say for certain I would have been willing to drive the 60 mile roundtrip with no certainty I would get her at the store.

Oh well, she just goes to the bottom of a list of dolls I don't have yet. I refuse to pay the horrible high prices on Ebay, so I have resigned myself to the fact that I may never own all these dolls. Bright side - I have $108 dollars to blow on something else. I'll just apply it to one of the other dolls I don't have - every now and then they come up for a reasonable price.

:( sorry to hear you did not get her after all.

Just an FYI for anyone interested, I ended up going to a Disney store today and they had all the Ariel merchandise on sale. There was a hoodie online I wanted but had been sold out since the day I saw it, well only available in size XS. And it cost $49.99. They had all sizes in store today and they were marked down to $29.99!! I got one and also got a pretty ink pen they had.

Someone got the pixie dust that CM I called hoped to shower me with. pixiedust:

Still no cancellation e-mail. I hope I don't have to call them again to get that pending charge removed. :rolleyes: Belle and the Beast sold out at two of our Disney stores. I didn't even bother to call the one downtown. Hope to have better luck tonight online with the larger edition size.

Someone got the pixie dust that CM I called hoped to shower me with. pixiedust: Still no cancellation e-mail. I hope I don't have to call them again to get that pending charge removed. :rolleyes: Belle and the Beast sold out at two of our Disney stores. I didn't even bother to call the one downtown. Hope to have better luck tonight online with the larger edition size.

Awww...I'm sooooo sorry...that sucks so bad!!

I got both Eric and Ursula in store today. I waited an hour but got them. Not bad.

Someone got the pixie dust that CM I called hoped to shower me with. pixiedust:

Still no cancellation e-mail. I hope I don't have to call them again to get that pending charge removed. :rolleyes: Belle and the Beast sold out at two of our Disney stores. I didn't even bother to call the one downtown. Hope to have better luck tonight online with the larger edition size.

I am so sorry about Ursula :( Sending some extra pixies for Belle & Beast! I think you should be fine getting her tonight being part of the first wave of people. I think she will sell out very fast though. She is stunning and Beast leaves me in awe. Good luck!

Belle and the Beast sold out already. Glad that I decided to stay up for them, I had a feeling they would go faster than the previous ones. Now I'm scared for Ariel, she's probably going to go within minutes.

I figured this set would go quick after hearing about the heavy turnout for the raffles. I'm going to have to take a couple of friends with me for insurance to the Ariel drawing.

I did buy Belle online last night.......maybe. I'm learning not to count on it til the UPS guy shows up at the door.

I really hope you did get Belle. After the Ursula thing, hopefully they caught their error and did not repeat it. I get the feeling I'll be in the store for Ariel and then waking up in the middle of the night to try for her if I don't get her in store!

How exactly does the drawings work? I didn't think I wanted to try to get Ariel/Eric, but they had a display in the store yesterday and OMGosh it was gorgeous. Our closest Disney store is almost an hour away, so I'm not positive I want to make the drive only to not get her.

How exactly does the drawings work? I didn't think I wanted to try to get Ariel/Eric, but they had a display in the store yesterday and OMGosh it was gorgeous. Our closest Disney store is almost an hour away, so I'm not positive I want to make the drive only to not get her.
You get there and put your name in during the 12-1pm local time one hour window and at 1:15 they draw names for the select amount they have in store and you must be present right then and there when your name is called to purchase immediately. They will not hold it and will draw another name. It's not first come first serve :)

You must enter your name for the drawing between 12 and 1:00 PM and then at 1:15 entries are drawn for the number of dolls they have in the store. My store requires you to show an ID at the time you enter as well as at the time of purchase. It's my understanding that not all Disney stores have the raffle, so be sure to call ahead.

I just checked my Belle order online and it is still active. :sunny:

Edit: sjv beat me to it. :thumbsup2

A word of advise for those buying these dolls online at Disney.com. If they are expected to sell out quickly, do NOT use a Mastercard or Visa debit card issued by your bank. Disney attempts to see if you have the funds available which means a hold is placed on your account. They do this before checking to see if the item is in stock. I found out that the hold on my account which was made on October 1 was set to drop off October 11. 10 days!!!!!! It's one thing to know the money is on hold for something you actually bought, but for something that should never have been charged in the first place? Yikes!!! I did learn that you can call and have them expedite the removal process, and then listen to them tell you to have "a magical day". :)

A word of advise for those buying these dolls online at Disney.com. If they are expected to sell out quickly, do NOT use a Mastercard or Visa debit card issued by your bank. Disney attempts to see if you have the funds available which means a hold is placed on your account. They do this before checking to see if the item is in stock. I found out that the hold on my account which was made on October 1 was set to drop off October 11. 10 days!!!!!! It's one thing to know the money is on hold for something you actually bought, but for something that should never have been charged in the first place? Yikes!!! I did learn that you can call and have them expedite the removal process, and then listen to them tell you to have "a magical day". :)

Thanks for the tip! Just to clarify, avoid using the Visa debit card, right? I'm staying up to get Ariel online, and I know I'll have to be quick. I plan on using a credit card anyway, but this is my first time purchasing a limited edition doll, so I really appreciate your tip. :)

A credit card should be fine. A hold will still be placed, but that's okay if you have plenty of available credit on your card. I used my bank card because I'm trying not to build up a lot of credit card debt with all these dolls coming out. Never dreamed Disney would "charge" me for a doll for 10 days when it wasn't even in stock. I won't make that mistake again.

A credit card should be fine. A hold will still be placed, but that's okay if you have plenty of available credit on your card. I used my bank card because I'm trying not to build up a lot of credit card debt with all these dolls coming out. Never dreamed Disney would "charge" me for a doll for 10 days when it wasn't even in stock. I won't make that mistake again.

Alright, thanks! I'm okay with credit as far as I'm aware, so I should be good to go unless the dolls sell out before I get a chance to get one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my first time will be successful... Thanks for the tips!

Oh, and I'm sorry about Ursula. That must have been so disappointing. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter