Everything Disney Doll Related

The truth is that part of my disappointment in not getting Ursula is that I tend to be a completist as a collector which is not a good thing. I had already made up my mind not to get Eric because I have to draw the line somewhere and decided it would be with the LE princes. But I want all the other dolls and know I will pay the best price for them at time of release.

Right now I think I am much more disappointed with Disney's handling of the sale than I am in not getting the doll. What can be worse than feeling mistreated by the Happiest Place on Earth? :) It is my intent to get Ursula someday along with a bunch of other dolls. At least now I don't have to worry about space for her.

Ariel next week! I have convinced my daughter and a friend to join me for the raffle.

I received Belle and the Beast yesterday - perfect condition. :thumbsup2

Sure hope my name gets called in that raffle next Tuesday.

I am so excited! I got an email saying that my pre-ordered set is on its way! I can't wait to see all 5 couples in person!

So my friends weren't to get belle and beast last week. Hoping next week goes better. Ugh! MU have the over priced eBay people but if I get a extra Ariel I'm gonna try to sell or trade it for a belle. Chances are slim. I'm still missing Snow White from the first set. I just can't bring my self to pay for her. Good luck everyone!

Is everyone ready for Ariel tomorrow? :)

Wishing everyone good luck! I hope these dolls go to collectors that will truly appreciate them. :grouphug:

I was hoping to have two people accompany me to better my chances, but it's down to one since my daughter could not change her work schedule. I don't have a good feeling about the drawing because I think there will be many more people participating than dolls available, and I don't have good luck with these things. But I'm not stressing about it. I guess that's because there is still the chance to get the set online.

Wonder of Wonders, Miracle of Miracles!!!! (sorry, I love Fiddler on the Roof :p). My name was called and today I was able to add Ariel and Eric to my Fairytale Collection. There were 17 dolls available and 33 people showed up for the drawing. I was the 7th name called (well, techically the 8th since one person called earlier did not step forward). My friend who went with me was called a short time after me and she had her name cast aside which made one more person happy.

I love this set so much. Ariel's dress is gorgeous. I would love to turn Eric's head a little more to the front, but try as I might I could not get the acrylic case off. I knew I was going to break something if I kept at it, so I let it go. He's not doing the exorcist thing Rapunzel was doing, so I can live with it.

I hope everyone who went to the stores today had the same luck I did, and if not, I wish you the best of luck online tonight. :)

I was lucky enough to get called 14th for myself and my girlfriend was last of 25 dolls. Now to find belle and beast, Snow White and Pocahontas from the first set to complete them. Hopefully I can get it together and make d23 next year and preorder the whole set so I can skip this crap.

I'm glad you all got Ariel!!

My mom was unable to snag one for my niece :( I'm not sure if she tried online last night, though.

Disney has totally mishandled the whole Disney Designer Doll Collection sales. I only wanted Ariel, and was at my local Disney store yesterday morning. They didn't accept names until noon, and did the drawing at 1PM. About 100 people showed up......for 13 dolls! I was told that they only received 13 dolls each time, and that was what every store received. That is clearly not the case based on previous posts! :mad:

Disney has totally mishandled the whole Disney Designer Doll Collection sales. I only wanted Ariel, and was at my local Disney store yesterday morning. They didn't accept names until noon, and did the drawing at 1PM. About 100 people showed up......for 13 dolls! I was told that they only received 13 dolls each time, and that was what every store received. That is clearly not the case based on previous posts! :mad:

Every store get numbers based of the previous collector sales. My store had 28. They has 32 snow whites. It sucks not getting the one you want but the way they do it now cuts down on the eBay people who brought their entire family including children to purchase the designer princesses. Now that was a joke! At least this way it gives everyone a fighting chance. I do think they shouldn't hold them back for online sales since the site crashes and people get the dreaded email. If your really a collector and really want one you'll figure out a way to get to the store.

My store had 10 dolls and had about ~50 people show up for the raffle. I wasn't lucky enough to be called, but the people who did seemed like they genuinely wanted the dolls and wouldn't be selling them online.

I was up at 3 AM eastern last night and was able to purchase one online! I'm not surprised Ariel sold out so quickly given both the popularity of the collection and Ariel in general.

Good luck to everyone still trying to get them.

If what KerryFamily04 says is true, then it would explain the widely differing numbers available at various stores. If true, however, I also find it hard to believe that Disney would so grossly underestimate the demand in certain markets. They are generally very good at market analysis and maximizing profit. They could have easily sold a hundred more sets at our store alone, at an even higher price point. Instead, the very high demand and extremely limited supply created an environment that encourages unscrupulous people to get as many sets as they can to resell on ebay and amazon at twice the original price (and more). This is what I do not condone, and where I think Disney could have done a much better job at being fair to loyal customers in this instance. :sad2:

One thing that might influence the number of dolls assigned to each store is the size of the store itself. The one I went to yesterday is not very big. Maybe by keeping the number low at certain stores, management is attempting some type of crowd control by encouraging more people to try their luck online, or go to another larger store if there are others nearby. My store felt very crowded with just 33 people taking part in the raffle, so I think I would be nervous if 50 plus showed up. They even spaced out calling the names so there would not be a big line winding through the store to the cash register.

If what KerryFamily04 says is true, then it would explain the widely differing numbers available at various stores. If true, however, I also find it hard to believe that Disney would so grossly underestimate the demand in certain markets. They are generally very good at market analysis and maximizing profit. They could have easily sold a hundred more sets at our store alone, at an even higher price point. Instead, the very high demand and extremely limited supply created an environment that encourages unscrupulous people to get as many sets as they can to resell on ebay and amazon at twice the original price (and more). This is what I do not condone, and where I think Disney could have done a much better job at being fair to loyal customers in this instance. :sad2:
How is that unscrupulous? If you buy something you have the right to do whatever you want with it. You had the same chance as them to buy them. Don't have sour grapes just because you didn't get one

Disney has developed the way they conduct sales of Limited Edition Dolls over time because prior to the organized way they do this now, there were people fighting in the stores. Every store gets a set number from the pool based on their previous sales and the number of dolls available. It is really disappointing when people miss out but it is done in the fairest way possible giving everyone equal chance.

I think you're kinda missing the point with this. These are Limited Edition items. By definition they are intended to be limited and supply would never meet demand, nor should it. If everyone who wants a doll gets a doll, they would be no different from non-limited dolls and therefore would have no value to collectors who buy items that are rare.

How is that unscrupulous? If you buy something you have the right to do whatever you want with it. You had the same chance as them to buy them. Don't have sour grapes just because you didn't get one

I agree. Mrs R collects these dolls with the intention of passing them to our daughter not to sell them on. However, without people who were selling them on eBay and Amazon, she would never have been able to complete her collection. Equally, everyone has the opportunity to buy them and what they do with them is their business. Selling for profit is something that happens in all areas, you don't buy a house with the intention that you will sell it for what you paid, you don't buy rare stamps or antiques with the intention of selling them for what you paid either.

You have to look at the bigger picture with these dolls. They are intended to be limited, rare collectors items. I am certain that if someone had one of these dolls and needed to sell it, they wouldn't sell it for retail price when they could sell it for $300 on eBay. It isn't unscrupulous, it's the world of collectors items and anyone who doesn't like that shouldn't become a collector because it will never change, however unfair you may think it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter