Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

I’m seeing the ability to book another Genie in 60 min today. Anyone else? Is that new?

As in, when I book one and look on tip board at the top where it says when you can book another it’s in 1 hour from the one I just booked. Been that way all day today. And I’ve been able to book that quick

I’m seeing the ability to book another Genie in 60 min today. Anyone else? Is that new?

As in, when I book one and look on tip board at the top where it says when you can book another it’s in 1 hour from the one I just booked. Been that way all day today. And I’ve been able to book that quick

No one else has reported this. When is the return window for your most recently booked LL?

No one else has reported this. When is the return window for your most recently booked LL?
Yes, All of them starting as soon as the park opened. we’ll be doing MK tomorrow and I’ll see if it does it the same way again
And the 1 hour rolled. If I edited the return time, the one hour started over again. Also, once a Genie was redeemed I was able to book again. So if it was less than an hour before I used it, we didn’t have to wait an hour.

Tested it
Booked one just now. Here’s when I can book again
1678576912209.png

If you use your most recently booked LL you have always been able to book again as soon as the most recent one was redeemed. That part isn’t new.

That is why people ask if there are 1 or 2 taos at an attraction. If there is only 1 you can book as soon as you’ve tapped and are walking through the queue. If there are 2 taps you can book as soon as you’ve tapped a second time.

What time were those LL return tines compared to current time?
Those I sampled, they were current time.
Earlier today, they were later. I’ll check MK right now and see what it shows if I book a later time
I also held 2 at once at one point because I booked Soarin’ and then had lunch. It was more than an hour before we got ready to ride so I’d already book Land for overlapping Soarin’. We then moved our Soarin’ to another time because we weren’t ready to use it at the initial time slot

Those I sampled, they were current time.
Earlier today, they were later. I’ll check MK right now and see what it shows if I book a later time
I also held 2 at once at one point because I booked Soarin’ and then had lunch. It was more than an hour before we got ready to ride so I’d already book Land for overlapping Soarin’. We then moved our Soarin’ to another time because we weren’t ready to use it at the initial time slot

From the outside looking in it appears to be working as it always has when you’re able to book a time close to current time.

Also, you’ve always been able to overlap return times. It gives you a warning but does not stop you.

The real test would be if you booked something g now that has a later return time. Depending on then park closes, when is it saying you can book again?

There are a few attractions with return times after 10:00. If you book one of those now (approx 7:45PM) is it showing you as eligible to book another one at 8;45 or 9:45.

It should be 9:45 I would anticipate.

Last edited:
I have friends there today with Genie+ and can confirm

The system has not changed and is working as it always has. Booking window to book a new reservation is still 2 hours.

I just booked a LL reservation for more than 2 hours away

39A5A84B-4FB7-4486-A22B-F02CE8361EC1.jpeg

And the system correctly showed the next time I could book was 2 hours from now:

2DEDEDE2-1AD2-41FA-8AA1-A37645B56557.jpeg

Nothing has changed and the system is working as it always has.

Ok, maybe it’s always been like this. Granted, I’m not the most fluent in Genie. We usually do without it. I just don’t ever recall a 1 hour window option. Probably I never noticed?
If I book a ride and the end window is less than 90 min or so, the next booking time is 1 hour.
If the booking end time is more than 2 hours away, it is a 2 hour window before booking the next one.

From the outside looking in it appears to be working as it always has when you’re able to book a time close to current time.

Also, you’ve always been able to overlap return times. It gives you a warning but does not stop you.

The real test would be if you booked something g now that has a later return time. Depending on then park closes, when is it saying you can book again?

There are a few attractions with return times after 10:00. If you book one of those now (approx 7:45PM) is it showing you as eligible to book another one at 8;45 or 9:45.

It should be 9:45 I would anticipate.
Oh, yeah, I know it always let you book 2
Again, mentioning that it was also the same

Strategy question for HS: Buy Genie+, try to get SDD at 7:00 and rope drop RoTR or buy RoTR at 7:00 and rope drop SDD? The price is not the same and I am not sure which will be more efficient overall. We would like to do these by early afternoon if possible (in order of importance):
- SDD
- TSMM
- MMRR
- RoTR
- ToT
- Millennium Falcon

Strategy question for HS: Buy Genie+, try to get SDD at 7:00 and rope drop RoTR or buy RoTR at 7:00 and rope drop SDD? The price is not the same and I am not sure which will be more efficient overall. We would like to do these by early afternoon if possible (in order of importance):
- SDD
- TSMM
- MMRR
- RoTR
- ToT
- Millennium Falcon
Might depend where you’re staying and when you’re going but I’d shoot for buying RotR. I stayed at Pop during a sorta busy time last fall and rope dropped SDD.

Was able to do sdd, tsmm, as2, and in line for mmrr before park opened to regular guests. I then did tot and rnrc by 11. Could have done Star tours by 1130 and single rider MF by noon if I didn’t have other stuff planned.

However, I also know that no 2 days are the same at Hollywood Studios. With ride break downs, larger crowds, etc, anything can happen

I also lean toward buying RotR if it's in the budget. This is because more often than not, it's not operating at park opening time. Sometimes it doesn't start running until an hour or more after opening. Just the nature of the technology. Whereas SDD is always up and running right away.

Just getting into learning about Genie +. I have read much of this thread but not all of it. It is a little overwhelming.
Question…hypothetical…Assume that LL’s for Test Track are available throughout this scenario. If we go on the app at 10:45 and booked Test Track for an 11:00am LL and something happened that we didn‘t make it to ride, what happens to it. Will it drop off at 12:15 since there is a 15 minute grace period ( I hope I have the correct info that an LL is open for an hour and has a 15 minute grace period)? Will we be able to make another LL at 12:15 or will we have to wait until 12:45 since that is 2 hours after we made the reservation? Also, does that take away us being able to rebook Test Track later in the day since we already had it booked, or will it let us book it since we didn’t ride it the first time?

Just getting into learning about Genie +. I have read much of this thread but not all of it. It is a little overwhelming.
Question…hypothetical…Assume that LL’s for Test Track are available throughout this scenario. If we go on the app at 10:45 and booked Test Track for an 11:00am LL and something happened that we didn‘t make it to ride, what happens to it. Will it drop off at 12:15 since there is a 15 minute grace period ( I hope I have the correct info that an LL is open for an hour and has a 15 minute grace period)? Will we be able to make another LL at 12:15 or will we have to wait until 12:45 since that is 2 hours after we made the reservation? Also, does that take away us being able to rebook Test Track later in the day since we already had it booked, or will it let us book it since we didn’t ride it the first time?
You would be able to book another at 12:00 if TT started at 11:00. I believe you can’t book TT again but a blue umbrella CM may be able to cancel out the TT once it has expired.

I will be trying for Slinky Dog next week at 7:00am. I understand that this ride is VERY competitive in Genie+ and you typically have something like 3 or 4 seconds to obtain an early-ish LL? In the past, whenever I've done the 'pull-down refresh' thing at 6:59:59 it never works, leaving me muttering several definitely non-Disney words as I am forced to try the whole thing over again. I wish there was an alternative but that seems to be the method everyone talks about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter