Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

It certainly is confusing. How about this example: At 10:00, after tapping into your first G+ LL ride of the day, you book MFSR for 3:05-4:05. MDE will show you can next book at 12:00; that's the 2-hour time; it is earlier than the expiration time of 4:05. You then check the tip board again at 10:15 and see there is an MFSR reservation available for 10:50-11:50. You grab it. Your 2-hour time is still 12:00 (not 12:15), but now your expiration time is 11:50, so MDE will show you can book your next G+ LL at 11:50, the earlier time. There is always an expiration time and a 2-hour time. MDE will always show you can book your next G+ LL at the earlier of those two times. The expiration time will change every time you modify your reservation (unless you modify to a different ride with the exact same return time). The 2-hour time does not change when you modify your reservation. It is based on when you made the original reservation, not when you modified it.

I will add a caveat. You can only modify your reservation to the same or another ride in the same park. To switch to a ride in another park, you have to cancel and book a new reservation. Doing that does change your 2-hour time.

Edit: In the example above, if you tap into MFSR before 11:50, MDE then will show you can book your next G+ LL "now," (assuming that was your most-recently-book G+ LL, which it would be in this example).

That was well explained, thanks.

And here's some good news for those of us who keep trying to figure out the whole mind-bending challenge:
The time when you are eligible to book your next LL now shows prominently at the top of the Tip Board. Much easier to find than it used to be.

Last edited:
It certainly is confusing. How about this example: At 10:00, after tapping into your first G+ LL ride of the day, you book MFSR for 3:05-4:05. MDE will show you can next book at 12:00; that's the 2-hour time; it is earlier than the expiration time of 4:05. You then check the tip board again at 10:15 and see there is an MFSR reservation available for 10:50-11:50. You grab it. Your 2-hour time is still 12:00 (not 12:15), but now your expiration time is 11:50, so MDE will show you can book your next G+ LL at 11:50, the earlier time. There is always an expiration time and a 2-hour time. MDE will always show you can book your next G+ LL at the earlier of those two times. The expiration time will change every time you modify your reservation (unless you modify to a different ride with the exact same return time). The 2-hour time does not change when you modify your reservation. It is based on when you made the original reservation, not when you modified it.

I will add a caveat. You can only modify your reservation to the same or another ride in the same park. To switch to a ride in another park, you have to cancel and book a new reservation. Doing that does change your 2-hour time.

Edit: In the example above, if you tap into MFSR before 11:50, MDE then will show you can book your next G+ LL "now," (assuming that was your most-recently-book G+ LL, which it would be in this example).
Thank you both - for the question and the answer! I’ve used G+ a couple times (last year and this year) and was still stuck on this piece. Very helpful - saving on my permanent list of G+ notes. And absolutely true that most of the general public who comes for the once of a lifetime trip will never figure this out. Shouldn’t be this complicated.🤷🏻‍♀️

Thank you both - for the question and the answer! I’ve used G+ a couple times (last year and this year) and was still stuck on this piece. Very helpful - saving on my permanent list of G+ notes. And absolutely true that most of the general public who comes for the once of a lifetime trip will never figure this out. Shouldn’t be this complicated.🤷🏻‍♀️
I agree that that it's enough to even make a frequent visitor's head spin, but I have to admit that it at least gives the first-timer a chance to bypass the standby lane for one or more of the top attractions.

With FP+, the first-timer who showed up not having made any FP+ reservations in advance had no chance of getting Fast Passes for the hottest attractions, no matter how much they learned about it after arriving.

I agree that that it's enough to even make a frequent visitor's head spin, but I have to admit that it at least gives the first-timer a chance to bypass the standby lane for one or more of the top attractions.

With FP+, the first-timer who showed up not having made any FP+ reservations in advance had no chance of getting Fast Passes for the hottest attractions, no matter how much they learned about it after arriving.
I'd like to respectfully disagree with your second paragraph because although I wasn't a first-timer, I had a couple of trips that were last minute and I was still able to get FP+ for top attractions like FoP--and get it more than once by refreshing.

Even now, refreshing works extremely well. Things that looked sold out reappear, times that seemed impossible to get pop up. And, just like in ye olden days of FP and FP+ when I talked with many guests who had no idea these things even existed or that they could use them or that they were free, many visitors right now have no idea how to work Genie+ or even that they can use it if they would pay for it--or how to pay for it. Or that G+ and ILL$ are not connected. Or that Genie and G+ are 2 different things. Etc., etc.

We have 4 people in the group - with G+ can we at the stroke of 7 get LL for different rides?

We have 4 people in the group - with G+ can we at the stroke of 7 get LL for different rides?
Each person get a LL for a different attraction? Yes.

If you are asking if each person can get a LL for the group of 4? No. The first person who successfully secures a LL for the group will stop the rest from booking a LL until 2 hours after the park opens where the first LL was secured.

Scrapping answered how I was originally going to reply.

I'll also add that if you're having one person get a LL and two people getting ILL$, then it should work. I usually get the LL first and then quickly grab any ILL$ after and have not had an issue getting what I want to purchase individually (I wasn't trying on opening week of a ride).

I am staying at All Star Movies and flying in from Chicago at 6am, then going straight to DAK. Would I be able to book the ILL for FoP at 7 on the plane or would I have to wait til park opens since I'm not on site yet?

If you are staying onsite, Disney counts your check-in day so yes you can do it! I have and it's so fun.

As long as you're able to access MDE from the plane, then yes, you can book it. You're considered to be an on-site guest the day of your check-in, whether or not you're already there.

I am staying at All Star Movies and flying in from Chicago at 6am, then going straight to DAK. Would I be able to book the ILL for FoP at 7 on the plane or would I have to wait til park opens since I'm not on site yet?
Others have reported purchasing ILL$ and booking LL mid-flight. As long as you have wifi you’re all set!

Yes. As of yesterday, Genie+ includes on-ride photos.
I read earlier today from another source that some that purchased G+ in recent weeks found their ride photos available to download. We were there March 4-10 and I checked today and can download ride photos only for free!!! If you've gone recently and purchased G+ then check your photopass photos to see if your ride photos are available. They don't have the "photopass" overlay on them and I just clicked the download button and got them!

How many people in a party can make Genie+ and virtual queue reservations for everyone at the same time?

Our WDW party is myself, DW, DS23 and DD21. We’re staying at the Dolphin.

We're planning to buy Genie+ when it becomes available at midnight, and have a "wardialing" party at 7AM before heading down to the Minnie Van.

Can two of us to give a virtual queue the ol' college try while the other two of us spam refresh our first LL pick of the day? Will we be able to make reservations for our entire party?

Thank you!

How many people in a party can make Genie+ and virtual queue reservations for everyone at the same time?

Our WDW party is myself, DW, DS23 and DD21. We’re staying at the Dolphin.

We're planning to buy Genie+ when it becomes available at midnight, and have a "wardialing" party at 7AM before heading down to the Minnie Van.

Can two of us to give a virtual queue the ol' college try while the other two of us spam refresh our first LL pick of the day? Will we be able to make reservations for our entire party?

Thank you!
Yes. And you can be signed into the same account in different devices.

Please see the posts on page 1 of this thread.

I have a question about VQ's and I can't find the answer on other pages so I am hoping you can help here. For the 1pm VQ do we need to be in the park to be able to try for it? I know you do not need to be for the 6pm one on the Deluxe nights.

I have a question about VQ's and I can't find the answer on other pages so I am hoping you can help here. For the 1pm VQ do we need to be in the park to be able to try for it? I know you do not need to be for the 6pm one on the Deluxe nights.
I believe it's the case where you don't need to be physically in the park at 1PM, but you would have had to scan and enter that park earlier. Your ticket must be 'active' in that park.

This thread doesn't really address VQ's. I would recommend reading the

Virtual Queue/Boarding Group for Tron and Guardians of the Galaxy

thread as it addresses all scenarios VQ related.

As @thanxfornoticin said, you do not physically need to be in the park to try for a 1PM drop BUT, you must have scanned into that park at some point earlier that day to be eligible for the 1PM drop.

@piglet1979 to add to what's said above, sometimes the 1:00 VQ drop for GotG lasts into the afternoon, so it's possible to have opportunity to get it after entering later than 1:00. I just checked MDE, and it's still available right now today! So while you do have to have tapped into Epcot before trying for the 1:00 GotG VQ, you don't always have had to tap in before 1:00 PM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter