Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Friday August 5th. Will do Rope Drop at Epcot 2 people.

At 7am, should I buy ILL for guardians, then get rely G+, or do the opposite.

The goal is to try and have both of those knocked out by 12:30pm, so we can eat at Teppan Edo, Then hang out at the resort from 2 to 6 before doing MK at night.

Anyone have issues this morning with genie? Trying to purchase RISE and keep getting errors with payments , changed cards four times and nothing goes thru.

I noticed it keeps pinging the gift card I’m using 30 each time. Nothing is working to get the paid ILL.

Someone on the other thread just posted the only way to get a paid one is find one of the cast members with the blue, and they can do it for you. Apparently the online system is down.

How much of a grace period do cast members typically give you for lightning lane bookings? I know the official time is 15 minutes after the time on the reservation, but I'm concerned that we might get stopped up in a crowd, for example - after the fireworks, or slowed down by a parade or cavalcade. Has anyone been in this situation before? How was it handled? Have you ever been turned away from a lightning lane reservation because you were late?
Thanks in advance!

I think it depends on the CM. We have DAS because of my daughter so we used the lightning lane the whole two weeks of our May trip and several times I saw them tell people they were too late and couldn’t tap in but at another attraction I’d hear them say “you’re early/late but we’ll let you in”. In fact we were behind a woman screaming at the CM in a LL line “we were late the same amount of minutes at (can’t remember which) ride snd they let us on”. Actually heard this quite a bit.

I think it depends on the CM. We have DAS because of my daughter so we used the lightning lane the whole two weeks of our May trip and several times I saw them tell people they were too late and couldn’t tap in but at another attraction I’d hear them say “you’re early/late but we’ll let you in”. In fact we were behind a woman screaming at the CM in a LL line “we were late the same amount of minutes at (can’t remember which) ride snd they let us on”. Actually heard this quite a bit.

Ugh. People like that woman are why we can't have nice things and why CMs are hesitant to do nice things for guests.

I guess this will be the new TikTok Disney "trend" since the "wear something inappropriate and get a free shirt" thing seems to be over now that it's not a voucher any longer. Now it'll be "Show up late to your LL and make a fuss that you were let on another ride that late."

Unless you have a dining reservation, it's often at the discretion of the CM to decide if an extended grace period will be offered. Best practice is to try and leave ample time to arrive as there is no guarantee if you arrive at an attraction late that you will be allowed to ride.

Disney already offers a 20 min grace period (5 early, 15 late) so I would try my best to arrive within your window whenever possible and if occasionally you miss it, kindly request to ride understanding the answer may be yes or no.

We have one day at Epcot and the priorities are GOTG and Remy. We will use the International Gateway so plan to rope drop Remy first thing. Don't plan to purchase Genie+. We have experience with VQ from ROTR, but don't mind paying for GOTG $ILL to make sure we can see it. If the VQ does not work at 7am, will $ILL be available or should we just purchase $ILL right away at 7am?

We have one day at Epcot and the priorities are GOTG and Remy. We will use the International Gateway so plan to rope drop Remy first thing. Don't plan to purchase Genie+. We have experience with VQ from ROTR, but don't mind paying for GOTG $ILL to make sure we can see it. If the VQ does not work at 7am, will $ILL be available or should we just purchase $ILL right away at 7am?
The ILL will definitely be available. It doesn’t go nearly as quickly as ROTT

I think the ILL would even still be available after the 1PM drop most days if you wanted to wait till after that drop to decide.

Fyi, something I found posted on another thread:

https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2022/07/enhanced-disney-genie-features-now.html?m=1

1. As part of the latest update, booked Lightning Lane entrance selections were given a new look on the Tip Board. In addition to the recent enhancement to display the booked arrival window, booked experiences are now highlighted for even greater visibility.

2. Now, during periods where there are many Guests attempting to book experiences with Lightning Lane entry, the Tip Board will show "Check Availability" instead of an arrival window that could change, reducing the number of different arrival windows being displayed to a Guest. At this time, "Check Availability" will appear between 7 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. each day for all experiences offering Lightning Lane entry

This probably helps explain the times not visible until 730

Latest update is dated July 7, 2022 and is build 7.11

The times were showing again this morning between 7 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. Maybe the "enhancement" hasn't been working out well?

On 8/7 which ride do we think will revert to ILL at EPCOT, Frozen or Remy? These were both ILLs before GOTG.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter