Everything Park Reservations - Please Read Post 1

I have the Modify option even though I haven't touched my reservations for several weeks. It appears that the update included long existing reservations.

I have the Modify option even though I haven't touched my reservations for several weeks. It appears that the update included long existing reservations.
That's great news! I don't have a current trip booked :guilty: (;)) so didn't realize this was an option some were seeing. So glad you have the modify option. Here's hoping many others do too!

I've already booked all 10 of my park days, but was more so questioning on how likely I would be to get locked out if I tried to change plans and switch my reservation for one of the days to a different park, or swap my resort days and park days. This would be for a trip after xmas but during NYE, so still will be one of the busier times of the year. Sounds like I'll just have to play it by ear or deal with a bit of inflexibility should they all sell out closer to our trip.

I don't know if you have a Touring Plans subscription (I find it worth it!) but they show in their crowd tracker history if a park 'sold out' and when. I used that feature to check our dates last year (2nd weekend of Nov) and saw that MK and EP sold out on some of the days. I think they were sold out 1 or 2 days prior to that date. As mentioned, who knows what kind of capacity they had vs this year and how that will play out this year, but it helped me pinpoint the days that would probably be risky.

I'm having trouble "planning" for our trip with our grown kids+SOs. It's a short trip (3 park days) and none of them have been since early teens/tweens. We have the first 2 days mapped out to hit all 4 parks but it would be nice to have the 3rd day be their choice as to what they want to revisit. According the last year, there may not be flexibility. So we made the best choice for a park reservation and will have to use hopping to hit a 2nd park if they want to visit a sold out park.

I don't know if you have a Touring Plans subscription (I find it worth it!) but they show in their crowd tracker history if a park 'sold out' and when. I used that feature to check our dates last year (2nd weekend of Nov) and saw that MK and EP sold out on some of the days. I think they were sold out 1 or 2 days prior to that date. As mentioned, who knows what kind of capacity they had vs this year and how that will play out this year, but it helped me pinpoint the days that would probably be risky.

I'm having trouble "planning" for our trip with our grown kids+SOs. It's a short trip (3 park days) and none of them have been since early teens/tweens. We have the first 2 days mapped out to hit all 4 parks but it would be nice to have the 3rd day be their choice as to what they want to revisit. According the last year, there may not be flexibility. So we made the best choice for a park reservation and will have to use hopping to hit a 2nd park if they want to visit a sold out park.
Yes, I do have a TP sub still, mostly for the lines app, but didn't realize they had a park reservations tracker also. That's handy to keep in mind once the time comes. I used to use TP more extensively for planning in the FP+ days, and also for their crowd tracker but since G+ came along, I've found Thrill Data to be a more useful source of info for planning purposes. TP's room finder is still clutch though, will definitely consult with that when it comes time to get my room requests in.

Yes, I do have a TP sub still, mostly for the lines app, but didn't realize they had a park reservations tracker also. That's handy to keep in mind once the time comes. I used to use TP more extensively for planning in the FP+ days, and also for their crowd tracker but since G+ came along, I've found Thrill Data to be a more useful source of info for planning purposes. TP's room finder is still clutch though, will definitely consult with that when it comes time to get my room requests in.

Great. IIRC, you pull up the date you want to look at in the crowd tracker and it has a little color coded thing that says if there were park reservations available or not, and if not, it shows when it sold out. Good luck!

We've been 3 times since March 2020 and have managed the crowds just fine (aside from a Saturday night at EP in December where food lines were insane), but none of those dates ever sold out. I had no idea that this Nov timeframe was so popular, but after rescheduling this family trip for the 3rd time, we're going!

Touring Plans... they show in their crowd tracker history if a park 'sold out' and when. I used that feature to check our dates last year (2nd weekend of Nov) and saw that MK and EP sold out on some of the days. I think they were sold out 1 or 2 days prior to that date. As mentioned, who knows what kind of capacity they had vs this year and how that will play out this year, but it helped me pinpoint the days that would probably be risky.

I had no idea that this Nov timeframe was so popular, but after rescheduling this family trip for the 3rd time, we're going!

This year, the WDW Half Marathon Weekend is Nov. 3-6.
The following week is Jersey Week, Nov. 7-11, when school is out for New Jersey students and many will vacation at WDW.
That Friday, Nov. 11th, is Veterans Day, providing a 3-day weekend across the country on the 2nd weekend of Nov.
This is just a week before Epcot's Food and Wine Festival wraps up on Nov. 19th.
This time of year usually has wonderful weather as summertime Florida heat and humidity are gone but it's usually still hot midday for waterpark/pool guests.

These all combine to increase WDW crowds in early Nov.

I am making reservations for our two-week vacation in early March. I have an AP, my spouse has a 5-day and then a 10-day ticket. I made park reservations for the first five days using her 5-day pass + AP. Then I switched to the AP with resort reservations, and while I can make reservations for myself for all of those days, she is only allowed 5 even though she is on all of our reservations. Anyone know why that might be?

Is her 10-day ticket linked to her profile in My Disney Experience? Is her profile associated with her name on your room reservations?

If your answer to either of these questions is no, you will not be able to make her park pass reservations through your My Disney Experience app.

Is her 10-day ticket linked to her profile in My Disney Experience? Is her profile associated with her name on your room reservations?

If your answer to either of these questions is no, you will not be able to make her park pass reservations through your My Disney Experience app.
Yes to both. And when I log on to her account, it shows her remaining park reservation opportunities, but nothing for me as a Passholder at a resort. I’ll probably have to call Disney at some point, but certainly after this hurricane!

Sounds like something may be wrong with how your accounts are linked or she doesn't show your resort reservation (and associated park pass reservations) in her account yet.

In your app/account, click on the 3 horizontal lines lower right ("hamburger sign"), click on "Future Plans", scroll down to the date of your Resort Reservation & click on "View Room Details", look to see whether your spouse is listed as a guest and the picture/icon for your spouse is accurate. If it's not, then there's no link between the resort reservation and your spouse's profile.

Next, going into your spouse's app, click on the "hamburger sign", scroll down & click on "link to account", select "Type ID" upper right, and add your Resort Reservation confirmation # to her account.

If that doesn't fix it, I have no clue, ha, ha. Either way, you're right, a phone call or intra-website/app chat may be able to resolve this. HTH.

Last edited:
Sounds like something may be wrong with how your accounts are linked or she doesn't show your resort reservation (and associated park pass reservations) in her account yet.

In your app/account, click on the 3 horizontal lines lower right ("hamburger sign"), click on "Future Plans", scroll down to the date of your Resort Reservation & click on "View Room Details", look to see whether your spouse is listed as a guest and the picture/icon for your spouse is accurate. If it's not, then there's no link between the resort reservation and your spouse's profile.

Next, going into your spouse's app, click on the "hamburger sign", scroll down & click on "link to account", select "Type ID" upper right, and add your Resort Reservation confirmation # to her account.

If that doesn't fix it, I have no clue, ha, ha. Either way, you're right, a phone call or intra-website/app chat may be able to resolve this. HTH.
Thanks! I think the split-stay is causing the issue and she might not be on the last ressie. Never thought to do this in the app, so you may have the solution here.

I'm looking to swap out park reservations during my trip in December. The park availability calendar is all green on my dates. However, when I go to modify my park reservations, it is showing no availability for my entire trip. I don't dare cancel a park reservation without a new one. I'm just not sure what is going on. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.

I'm looking to swap out park reservations during my trip in December. The park availability calendar is all green on my dates. However, when I go to modify my park reservations, it is showing no availability for my entire trip. I don't dare cancel a park reservation without a new one. I'm just not sure what is going on. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.
It will show no availability if you already have reservations for each day. I have found the “modify” to be less than helpful in this scenario. So you might have to take the risk to cancel and then jump on a new reservation. Others may have different experiences, so YMMV.

It will show no availability if you already have reservations for each day. I have found the “modify” to be less than helpful in this scenario. So you might have to take the risk to cancel and then jump on a new reservation. Others may have different experiences, so YMMV.
If this is the case, the least risky move to make would be to cancel either an Epcot or AK reservation, modify the others then snag back the first one as soon as you’re able.

With the entire month ‘green’ you should be fine but it’s still a concern understandably.

With the new theme park reservation system is it possible to leave a park and then return? We will be in Epcot for NYE and planning to take the skyway over to the riviera for dinner and the. Finish the night at Epcot. Will this work? Or will I be denied re-entry? TIA.

With the new theme park reservation system is it possible to leave a park and then return? We will be in Epcot for NYE and planning to take the skyway over to the riviera for dinner and the. Finish the night at Epcot. Will this work? Or will I be denied re-entry? TIA.
Please see post 1 for park reservation information.

A park reservation guarantees you entrance to the park you hold a reservation for from park open to park close. You may leave and re-enter.

Hey, So I did not buy park hopper tickets for my family, we're most likely just going to stay in the same park each day. We're staying at the Contemporary. My question is can we leave the park to maybe take a break for a little and come back later on? Basically, can we re-enter?

Hey, So I did not buy park hopper tickets for my family, we're most likely just going to stay in the same park each day. We're staying at the Contemporary. My question is can we leave the park to maybe take a break for a little and come back later on? Basically, can we re-enter?

Absolutely! You can exit & renter the same park as much as you like. Also note, if at any point you decide to add the park hopper, they will charge you for all the days you had on your ticket. For example, if you decide to park hop on the last day of a 5 day ticket, you will be charged hopping fees for all 5 days, not just 1. Just so you know in case you have any thoughts of adding hoppers later.

Absolutely! You can exit & renter the same park as much as you like. Also note, if at any point you decide to add the park hopper, they will charge you for all the days you had on your ticket. For example, if you decide to park hop on the last day of a 5 day ticket, you will be charged hopping fees for all 5 days, not just 1. Just so you know in case you have any thoughts of adding hoppers later.
Great thanks!! And yes I was thinking about MAYBE adding the park hopper, so that's good to know!!

If you have park hoppers and for example go to DHS in the morning and want to go to EPCOT in evening after 2pm. Can you hop if park shows no availability or can you only hop to parks with availability??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter