Everything Park Reservations - Please Read Post 1

If you have park hoppers and forexample go to DHS in the morning and want to go to EPCOT in evening after 2pm. Can you hop if park shows no availability or can you only hop to parks with availability??
You should be able to park hop no matter what. I believe there has only been one day that park hopping to MK was cut off and that was the 50th anniversary day. There is a phone number you can double check if you are concerned (407) 560-5000

If you have park hoppers and for example go to DHS in the morning and want to go to EPCOT in evening after 2pm. Can you hop if park shows no availability or can you only hop to parks with availability??
Yes you may. To date only one date was ever restricted for park hopping and it was only MK for a few hours on it's 50th Anniversary.

Many dates have been full at some/all parks for reservations but hopping has always been allowed except for the one exception mentioned above.

After 14 trips to WDW, we’re heading back for the first time in 5 years and I cannot believe how much has changed! We’ll be staying at POR from Jan 2-8, and it will be my husband and me with our 19 and 17 year old kids - probably the last time we’ll be able to all go together. ❤️ Catching up on everything, but the park reservation thing is what’s tripping me up the most. Apologies if this was covered already, but if I buy park tickets, I’m pretty sure they’re non-refundable, correct? And if I reserve parks on certain days, I cannot just change the park - I have to cancel and then make a new reservation? I already have my room reservation but want to make sure I know what I’m doing before I buy the tix and reserve parks. Thanks!

weird that no hours have been released for 2023. I have an upcoming trip in FEb 2023 and waiting for the park hours and possibly EEH to schedule reservations.

I’m seeing hours out until Jan 2, 2023 on the MDE app which is as anticipated. They release them 70-71 days in advanced.

30 min early entry continues at all 4 parks plus Epcot has Extended Evening Hours on Mon, Jan 2, 2023.

Has anyone else had any issues getting a "Stitch ate the page" message when trying to book park reservations when clicking the link to book with a Resort stay option?
I've tried (with cookies cleared in all cases)
Chrome
Chrome Incognito mode
Safari
Safari Private
Edge
Edge Private browsing

All resulted in Stitch (who I don't care for one bit, LOL)
Started for me yesterday, though I haven't tried to book any reservations in several weeks so it's possible it's been happening a while and I never new. I'm thinking this is not widespread or someone else would have reported a problem by now.
I can book via the regular, non Resort option but I'm rapidly using up those dates. No reason I should have to use those when I do have resort stays that I should be able to book with.

I'm seriously dreading have to get on the phone so wondering mostly, anyone else come across this and if so, what was the resolution? Did it fix itself at some point or did it take a dreaded phone call to tech support?

As of a couple months ago you can now modify park reservations instead of having to cancel and rebook.
And if I reserve parks on certain days, I cannot just change the park - I have to cancel and then make a new reservation? I already have my room reservation but want to make sure I know what I’m doing before I buy the tix and reserve parks. Thanks!
You can also see which parks are still open before you modify.

I'm trying to book park reservations for my party, and while I can make reservations for my family members who are managed by my aunt, I cannot make a reservation for her. Is there a setting I'm not seeing somewhere that would allow me to make her reservations? I'd really rather be able to do it all myself since they're not really Disney people.

I'm trying to book park reservations for my party, and while I can make reservations for my family members who are managed by my aunt, I cannot make a reservation for her. Is there a setting I'm not seeing somewhere that would allow me to make her reservations? I'd really rather be able to do it all myself since they're not really Disney people.
It could be a setting on her MDE account. I think there's a box she has to check that says something about viewing shared plans or something along those lines.

We have our park reservations in place for Thanksgiving week. I'm now seeing that Magic Kingdom is unavailable every single day.

Now, we are not planning on visiting MK this trip. BUT... let's say we get more done at park X in one day than we thought we would, it sure would be nice to have the flexibility to change plans and spend a few hours at MK during the week. Does any availability appear the day before, or can a cast member work some magic if we ask nicely? We are staying on site if that matters.

No CM magic for park reservations. Availability can occur at any time.

If you have park hoppers/upgrade to PHs you can go to any park after 2pm (you do have to tap into your reserved park first to activate the 2pm park hopping feature 🙄).

We have our park reservations in place for Thanksgiving week. I'm now seeing that Magic Kingdom is unavailable every single day.

Now, we are not planning on visiting MK this trip. BUT... let's say we get more done at park X in one day than we thought we would, it sure would be nice to have the flexibility to change plans and spend a few hours at MK during the week. Does any availability appear the day before, or can a cast member work some magic if we ask nicely? We are staying on site if that matters.
Post 1 contains a lot of information about park reservations.

A full park cannot have reservations added to it by CMs or Guest Services.

On a busy week like Thanksgiving there are thousands of people who are in the same situation.

As @gottalovepluto recommends, if you find you wish to go to MK you can try to add the PH option but if all 4 parks are full for reservations then PH cannot be added.

If you want to try to find a MK reservation it’s recommended you try often. I would not rely on the Park Availability Calendar as it’s not updated real-time.

Question- sorry if this has been asked already- we have an EP reservation next Wednesday but looks like it could be a wash out. Can I wait until that day to cancel and rebook Epcot later in my trip if available (within the date window for the tix)? I will try to do this sooner but wanted to see if this was a possibility. Thank you!!

Question- sorry if this has been asked already- we have an EP reservation next Wednesday but looks like it could be a wash out. Can I wait until that day to cancel and rebook Epcot later in my trip if available (within the date window for the tix)? I will try to do this sooner but wanted to see if this was a possibility. Thank you!!
Yes, you can cancel a park reservation the same day. Technically you don’t have to cancel but, it’s kind to do so, especially if parks are at or near capacity so that others may pick up the reservation you won’t be using.

Pardon me if there is an answer to this somewhere... I looked both here and on google but to no avail.
I am making park reservations for our January trip and I can only make one at a time.
I have to click everybody, click a day and go through the confirmation process then start all over again for each reservation
Is there someplace I can do this (or click on something) that allows me to make ressies for the whole trip?
Thanks in advance!

Pardon me if there is an answer to this somewhere... I looked both here and on google but to no avail.
I am making park reservations for our January trip and I can only make one at a time.
I have to click everybody, click a day and go through the confirmation process then start all over again for each reservation
Is there someplace I can do this (or click on something) that allows me to make ressies for the whole trip?
Thanks in advance!
This is the way the system works, each day must be booked separately.

Many things will work this way so possibly it’s good practice for booking things like LL and ILL$ in the future.

Oye... I'm trying not to panic or lose my &%$* here while waiting for a call back or chat to open up. Received about 5 emails a couple of hours ago confirming my park reservation changes (which I did not do).

My son's days were changed and someone named Monica was part of my reservation party and some of his days were changed to when we aren't even there!!

I changed my login, got park reservations back for my son, except for NYE. I am so pissed right now. Everything seems to be fine in my account (and I did have a hard password that I changed a month ago), so I don't know what the heck is going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter