Expedition Everest Challenge May 5 @ 9:30 2012

wow, I'm so happy to see there are so many other first time runners :) I'm so excited to do the challenge and our trip just cannot come fast enough.

Anyway, wanted to share that i started a pretrip report as a way to keep myself accountable to my training as this is my first run as well and i'm not much of an active person at all so i hope some of you will pop by and read it and hopefully some of you will start a pretrip report too so i can follow you too :thumbsup2

oh darn i don't have my link - i'll have to get it and hopefully get it as my signature too.

Glad to see so many others are running with their kids. My fiancee and I will be running with his daughter who will be 10 at the time. She participated in Girls on the Run and is so excited to do a Disney race and get a real medal. :D

I just noticed the title of this thread says "Exhibition" instead of "Expedition". I hope I didn't sign up for the wrong race!! :scared1:

:rotfl:

Nice catch!:lmao:

I have been computerless for a while now. So I am trying to catch up.

Here's a heads up to those who are purchasing the one day ticket with your race.

So far you have to pick up that ticket with your race packet. So you can not currently use it before Friday. I called and they are deciding if they can add an option to mail that ticket for those who want to use it before Friday.

You are doing a great job running. I have been attempting this for a year and still do not run/walk as fast as you!:thumbsup2

awe!!! Thanks :) I really am trying hard - it's amazing really and I must be totally pumped b/c of the challenge b/c in the past it's KILLED me to start out with couch to 5 K but this time around I had a goal of doing the 5K run and was able to accomplish it much faster and with more ease than the past times I tried the program!!!

I guess I am TOTALLY incentive or goal oriented. I really needed something big to make me do it.

Hi;

Anyone know what food options will be open during the party?

Thanks!

Hi;

Thanks!

Last year Restaurantosaurus was open, and there are usually food carts - ice cream, beer - around as well. You'll have to wait until closer to the race (maybe even the Expo) for Disney to confirm what will be open at the party.

Hi;

Thanks!

I'm not sure about restaurants, but I know last year they had volunteers handing out bananas, waters, Power-aids, and energy bars after the finish line. I know it's not a full meal, but at least it's a little something to fill you up after the race. :wizard:

The wife and I are signing up for this one...looking forward to celebrating our Anniversary a little late (it's actually in March, but we're making this a long weekend to enjoy the race and Disney sans kids...).

Can anyone elaborate on the obstacle course? Is it basic stuff, or is it pretty grueling? I can't imagine it would be too difficult, but we're curious...

Thanks!

I've heard it's pertty simple things for the obstacles. jog in tires for one, balance beam for another, climb a net wall for another and I can't remember what else. Pretty simple stuff except if your tired and rubber legged. LOL.

I've heard it's pertty simple things for the obstacles. jog in tires for one, balance beam for another, climb a net wall for another and I can't remember what else. Pretty simple stuff except if your tired and rubber legged. LOL.

As wakica said, the obstacles are pretty simple, and you always have the option to skip them if you want. A couple other things they may throw in are hay bales to "jump" over, or crawling under a net. Last year there was a choice between going over a net wall or crawling under a different set of nets.

husband and i are talking about doing this cause its the weekend of our 8th anniversary. could you vets fill me in a bit more on the riddles/obstacles/course etc?

I thought I heard somewhere that the scavenger part was going to be a little different this year than last.

husband and i are talking about doing this cause its the weekend of our 8th anniversary. could you vets fill me in a bit more on the riddles/obstacles/course etc?

The obstacles last year were pretty simple. At the end of Mile 1, you had to jump over hay bales. At about mile 2.5, you went through 4-5 tires. And at the end of the race, you were given the option of going over a wall or crawling under a net.

As for the scavenger hunt, I've heard that they are planning on doing it a little differently this year, but if you want to look at the clues from last year, I posted pictures of them all on my TR, which I have a link for in my signature. For a brief description, though, the racers received one clue at each station, and in order to get the next clue, you had to correctly answer the previous one. At the end, you had to combine all the clues together to get a final answer.
Along the route there were CMs everwhere who helped if you were stuck, so that part of the race shouldn't be something to worry over. (DH and I had to ask for help on the 2nd clue we received.)

Can someone tell me if it's worth spending the extra money for tickets (spouse + children) for the afterparty?
Are there special things at the afterparty that are not available during the day?

:goodvibes I was concerned about this race & the obstacles too! I went to You Tube and looked at a video a guy did last year while he was running! It even showed the tires, hay bales, & scavenger hunt! :thumbsup2 I'm not sure how to post a "link", but just head over to You Tube and type in Expedition Everest 2011. It should come right up:goodvibes

Good Luck:thumbsup2

I just convinced hubby he needs to do thsi with me ;) I am so excited. But then I noticed I could have ran it with DD who is 9 years old :( Oh well, she can run the kids race, does anyone know anything about the kid race? How difficult, what they do? Thanks

I am SO excited, my DS9 is going to run this race with me in May! I am not a huge fan of running, but am looking forward to training for this and running it with him. We are making a longer trip out of it with the family & some friends...

Do my son & I and any of our family members attending the post party ALSO need a park ticket for that day? Or do they ONLY need the post-party ticket? We are not buying parkhoppers and I wasn't sure if we would HAVE to go to Animal Kingdom this day or if we could hit a different park during the day with our regular park tickets & then the party later with the race party tickets!

Thanks! :)

You need a special ticket for the after party. If youa re signed up for the race you will get it with your registration. If you have someone in your party that is not racing - you willl need to purchase them an after party ticket.

So if you are going to visit a park that day you will need to use your reguar park passes for that and a different one for the after party. So your regular passes are seperate from the party and you can go to any park you want on that day.

Does that make sense?? lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter