Extended hours are the best!

miamimama

Mouseketeer
Returned Saturday from a week at a BWV 1BR Pool/Garden and took advantage of Epcot and HS extended hours (could have done MK as well but a little late and more of a transportation hassle for two 67 year olds :)) Epcot as a virtually empty park was beautiful with the holiday decor and rides we tried were a walk on - mostly rode Test Track our favorite, which seems to be down during the day constantly. At HS finally got to try ROTR (DH has ridden many times but I never wanted to wait) and MFSR - walked on Slinky Dog twice. Glad to see they've extended this perk through 2023 apparently. We are not early risers and even if we get Genie+ can't always snag the headliners. Room was great - 5th floor view of TOT and feature pool. Parks were not really that crowded during the day in comparison to our early Nov trip last year. Only downer was started feeling ill on departure day and we're both sick with COVID, but we knew the risks going in. (fully vaxed and boosted and already feeling better). Love our DVC!

I love the Extended hours. It's like a whole second park day for me. My DW usually doesn't like to stay our late, so I'm always 'That Lonely Guy' roaming the park. I can always get a lot of rides/attractions in in a few hours.

I am looking forward to our trip in about a week where we will get to enjoy Guardians during the evening hours. Just need to remember to get on at 6pm though

This is great it hear! We have never done DAH, and we have tickets for HS for our March trip. In your experience, at what point does the the park with DAH start clearing out? We will have have park reservations at EP that day, and we're just wondering what HS will be like before the event starts? Trying to weight out how early or late to get to EP that morning, when to leave EP and head back to GF to rest, and when to head to HS that night. So glad for any advice!

This is great it hear! We have never done DAH, and we have tickets for HS for our March trip. In your experience, at what point does the the park with DAH start clearing out? We will have have park reservations at EP that day, and we're just wondering what HS will be like before the event starts? Trying to weight out how early or late to get to EP that morning, when to leave EP and head back to GF to rest, and when to head to HS that night. So glad for any advice!

Just my opinion. but the park clearing out is somewhat irrelevant as people who are in line before close are allowed to stay in line. Even those that linger can not get in line for rides as you need to scan in to show you are eligible at every ride.

I'd start the day early at EP to get what you can done before it starts the get chaotic. Once you get to a point where wait times are not for you or you did everything, it's time to head back to the hotel. We have two younger children to we typically hit the pool and then rest/nap. Might not be a bad idea to have a later dinner res or HS so you can tap in and complete you park hop and just settle in or walk around. Sneak in a few rides if wait times are low or watch Fantasmic.

We had an 8pm ADR for Prime Time and extended hours started at 9 I believe. So by 9:30 when we finished eating, lines were low. However I believe experiences are different with the DAH and extended resort hours. Not sure- maybe others can comment.

I like that the DAH for HS is at 9:30 and the park closes at 9 so it helps get the crowds cleared out of the park

Extended hours have, in my opinion, become one of the best perks of DVC ownership. It's like having your own after hours party where we all know exactly how many people can be in attendance and can never be oversold.
Isn't this for anyone staying at any deluxe? Doesn't have to be DVC?

We have a trip coming up in August 3-12. From what I have read, EPCOT extended hours have recently been on Mondays and MK extended hours on Wednesdays. We have EPCOT scheduled for Monday, but we also have EPCOT scheduled for Wednesday, with MK scheduled that Friday. I was trying to avoid EPCOT on a Friday due the number of people going there to mainly drink (not that we don't drink, but just to limit our boys' exposure to over-indulgence.) However, that Friday appears to be the first night of Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. We will not be doing the party, but from what I have read, MK is actually less busy on party days than non-party days. We have three young boys, so we won't all be doing the extended hours at either park. But my wife and I agreed that if we do have extended hours, one of us would stay with the kids so the other could go to the park (one of us each getting a night at a park.) What's a better strategy based on what I currently know: EPCOT on a Wednesday and MK on a Friday without doing MNSSHP or MK with extended hours and EPCOT on a Friday (which we would likely not stay too late). If its of any importance, we be visiting MK a total of three times, EPCOT twice, and DHS and AK once. Thanks!

We have a trip coming up in August 3-12. From what I have read, EPCOT extended hours have recently been on Mondays and MK extended hours on Wednesdays.
During my trip next month, MK’s night is Tuesday night. I’m glad I checked.

We lucked out on a last minute trip to WDW that showed zero park reservation availability for the most recent MK extended hours. We just kept an eye on the park reservation calendar and finally lucked into 2 slots. For the first time in years, we hopped 3 parks that day -- ending in MK of course. We loved it.

Are they really worth it? I just switched my park days around so we can take advantage of the extra hours.
Why would you have to switch your park days around? Don't you just have to enter the park you have reserved for the day? Then later, similar to park hopping you can enter the Extra Hours park (if you are staying in a Deluxe Hotel)? Or am I reading it wrong on the website?

Why would you have to switch your park days around? Don't you just have to enter the park you have reserved for the day? Then later, similar to park hopping you can enter the Extra Hours park (if you are staying in a Deluxe Hotel)? Or am I reading it wrong on the website?
Not everyone purchases the park hopping option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter