Fabulous Felines February Exercise Challenge

Last night was yoga -- 90/850.

Right now I'm dressed for the gym and sitting on the couch, trying to convince myself that 7:30PM on a Friday night is a GREAT time to hit the gym. I'm getting stuck in a bit of a rut from not enough variety, which I could switch up by joining a class, but early February is still way too busy a time to join cardio classes comfortably.

I did somehow make it that day! Since then, I'm at 165/850.

:welcome: to Shrfleen and to scdak's new Fitbit! :bday: to galaxygirl76! And several team members are within mere minutes of a color change. :yay::yay:

One of the coolest black cats in the Disney universe is Bagheera, the black panther (or black leopard) from The Jungle Book, who acts as Mowgli's protector. In the 1967, 1994, and 2016 Disney films, Bagheera is male (voiced by Ben Kingsley in 2016). In other versions of Jungle Book stories, however, including a Soviet film and a Hungarian play, Bagheera is female.

Questions: Did anyone else know that Warner Brothers is releasing a 2018 version of The Jungle Book? Can you guess who has been cast as Bagheera in this upcoming version?

Congratulations to kathleen27 for turning Aristocats Blue!

Thanks to handy dandy IMDB, Christian Bale

Correct!

Disney still has a few more black cats out there. One that I didn't know about is Thackery Binx from the film Hocus Pocus (which apparently has become something of a campy cult Halloween classic). Thackery is a 17th century boy turned into an immortal black cat by three witches. When a more modern set of teenagers accidentally bring the witches back in 1993, it's mayhem!

Several cats played Binx. There were many times when a cat had to jump or run, and for those scenes they were trained to respond to buzzers or clickers, with food as a reward. One trainer would release the cat and a second trainer would be waiting where the cat was supposed to go.

Here's a handy guide to signs that your cat may be Thackery Binx (link to Oh My Disney).

40 min today
249/1260

Was going to do a longer workout but thought I was running late so I chose a shorter one. Only in the shower afterwards did I realize that I had miscalculated and that I actually still had an hour before having to leave the house. Silly me! Will need to do some catching up this weekend

Several color changes today!

Tasha228, scdak, and Shrfleen all turned Aristocats Blue, and I (sophy1996) turned Tigger Orange! (And princessbee is *this close* to changing-should have been 2.5 minutes slower!! :-) )

Tigger is not the only orange, striped feline of a tiger persuasion in Disney filmdom. Last month in her Disney history review, PollyannaMom mentioned 1964's A Tiger Walks, starring Brian Keith and Vera Miles (and Indian actor Sabu, who unexpectedly died of a heart attack before the film was released). A mistreated Bengal tiger escapes from a circus near a small Texas town and it's up to the sheriff to get to the tiger before the National Guard, who have orders to shoot on sight. The two tigers used on set were named Serang and Sultan. Before the production got underway, Walt Disney personally met with them and their handler/trainer in his office.

Last edited:
Still trying to bounce back. 20 minutes today. Have been knocked out from prescriptions for the past several days. Now I wish I would have decided on a smaller goal.

150/1000

Disney still has a few more black cats out there. One that I didn't know about is Thackery Binx from the film Hocus Pocus (which apparently has become something of a campy cult Halloween classic). Thackery is a 17th century boy turned into an immortal black cat by three witches. When a more modern set of teenagers accidentally bring the witches back in 1993, it's mayhem!

I admit to watching it every year!

The two tigers used on set were named Serang and Sultan. Before the production got underway, Walt Disney personally met with them and their handler/trainer in his office.

I'm picturing this and at the same time laughing and thinking it's totally "Walt" to do that!

Nothing for Tuesday, but 35 minutes Wednesday, so 120/420 for now. (I'm sure I'll get plenty of shoveling minutes today, though!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter