fairykin/Dawn "An angel in Heaven"

Dawn,
As our trip rapidly approaches I think about those friends who won't be able to make it and that brings me to think of you.
I know you're in heaven, praising the Lord without a worry. I'm not sad about your passing because better is one day in God's house than thousands elsewhere. I'm sad because I feel I wasn't given enough time to get to know you, to become good friends. I know I'll see you again some day but I'm sad that I missed out on meeting an amazing woman. You were definitely a blessing to all you met.

I also think of your family and your mom. I send her prayers of encouragement and comfort.

I know you are terribly missed by the divas. You were a blessing to all of us.

When we are all gathered this weekend having a great time, meeting new friends, and catching up with old ones, I know you'll be there in our happiness, our laughter and our hearts.

:hug:

This thread is devastating. I'm saddened by this, and my heartfelt condolences go out to her family and friends. A friend of mine lost her 3-year-old daughter this past November to H1N1.

Im really sorry to all Dawn's friends and family.
its devistating to lose someone so close, i lost my mum from Pnemonia 7 mths ago also :sad1:

im sure Dawn is looking down on you all :grouphug:

Dawn
I have been hearing this song this past week on the radio and it makes me think of you.

Save a Place For Me by Matthew West
(click to hear it)

Don't be mad
If I cry
It just hurts so bad, sometimes
'Cause everyday it's sinking in
And I have to say goodbye all over again

You know I bet it feels good to have the weight of this world off your shoulders now
I'm dreaming of the day when I'm finally there with you

Save a place for me
Save a place for me
I'll be there soon
I'll be there soon
Save a place for me
Save some grace for me
I'll be there soon
I'll be there soon

I have asked the questions why
But I guess the answers for another time
So instead I pray, with every tear
And be thankful for the time I had you here

Save a place for me
Save a place for me
I'll be there soon
I'll be there soon
Save a place for me
Save some grace for me
I'll be there soon
I'll be there soon

I wanna live my life Just like you did

Make the most of my time Just like you did
And I want to make my home up in the sky Just like you did
Oh, but until I get there...
Until I get there...

Save a place for me
Save a place for me
I'll be there soon
I'll be there soon
Save a place for me
Save some grace for me
I'll be there soon
I'll be there soon

Cristabel: WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SONG!

This part made me cry:

I wanna live my life Just like you did

Make the most of my time Just like you did
And I want to make my home up in the sky Just like you did

Cause it describes her perfectly!

Love ya both!

Cheryl

It's perfect, Crista. :hug:

Dawn, we miss you so much. I think about you and your family a lot. I hope you know we all miss and love you. :littleangel:

I just learned of Dawn's passing today when I was searching for some info here on the Dis. I last communicated with her in early November 2009 after meeting her at the October Diva meet. I had such a great time meeting all the Divas at the Billy Hill gathering on my birthday and the next day at WCT where Dawn arranged for a special dessert and a rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday" for her mom, Sally Ann (whose birthday was the day before mine), and me. Since I just had met the group I was very touched by the gesture. She told me about the February meet and said she hoped I'd be able to come. I had wanted to but, as I suspected, life and work commitments prevented it. Lately I'd been thinking that I needed to get in touch with Dawn to find out how the February meet went and to check in here to read the trip reports. I can't tell you how utterly shocked and extremely saddened I was to log on here today and see the title of this thread. I knew Dawn through only one meeting with her and a number of PMs and posts, but I could immediately sense her sweet spirit and generosity. It was easy to see at the October meet, as well as from the posts here, how much she was loved and appreciated by her all of her DIS friends. My heart goes out to her DH and Sally Ann, who I know are still grieving deeply for her. {{Dawn}}, you were a gentle, sweet soul who left this world much too soon.

I just learned of Dawn's passing today when I was searching for some info here on the Dis. I last communicated with her in early November 2009 after meeting her at the October Diva meet. I had such a great time meeting all the Divas at the Billy Hill gathering on my birthday and the next day at WCT where Dawn arranged for a special dessert and a rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday" for her mom, Sally Ann (whose birthday was the day before mine), and me. Since I just had met the group I was very touched by the gesture. She told me about the February meet and said she hoped I'd be able to come. I had wanted to but, as I suspected, life and work commitments prevented it. Lately I'd been thinking that I needed to get in touch with Dawn to find out how the February meet went and to check in here to read the trip reports. I can't tell you how utterly shocked and extremely saddened I was to log on here today and see the title of this thread. I knew Dawn through only one meeting with her and a number of PMs and posts, but I could immediately sense her sweet spirit and generosity. It was easy to see at the October meet, as well as from the posts here, how much she was loved and appreciated by her all of her DIS friends. My heart goes out to her DH and Sally Ann, who I know are still grieving deeply for her. {{Dawn}}, you were a gentle, sweet soul who left this world much too soon.

Dawn was an amazingly special person. She had a glowing soul. She touched everyone she ever met. She also had a great sense of humor. I will never forget the night she invented the "Bad Girls Club". She was the creator and founding member. It was hilarious because for someone as caring as her to be considered a bad girl was unthinkable. But she still came up with it. I don't think a day goes by that I don't think about her and how she made me feel when I talked to her. Miss her pm's, emails and texts. Not to mention her marathon calls. She is truly missed by all.

Dawn was an amazingly special person. She had a glowing soul. She touched everyone she ever met. She also had a great sense of humor. I will never forget the night she invented the "Bad Girls Club". She was the creator and founding member. It was hilarious because for someone as caring as her to be considered a bad girl was unthinkable. But she still came up with it. I don't think a day goes by that I don't think about her and how she made me feel when I talked to her. Miss her pm's, emails and texts. Not to mention her marathon calls. She is truly missed by all.

Stacie: I miss her too! Every day. I was so honored when she asked me to be a member of the Bad Girls' Club--I wish people could know the whole story--it might give them a different perspective on things. If people knew how much they were protected by Dawn and others in the past--sometimes I just shake my head.

How does the Elvis song go? "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread . . . . "

Dawn WAS our angel.

Stacie: I miss her too! Every day. I was so honored when she asked me to be a member of the Bad Girls' Club--I wish people could know the whole story--it might give them a different perspective on things. If people knew how much they were protected by Dawn and others in the past--sometimes I just shake my head.

How does the Elvis song go? "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread . . . . "

Dawn WAS our angel.

I know exactly what you mean.

BTW - love the cruise in the siggie.

Thanks for bringing our Dawn back up to the top of the page. She was and is most definitely our angel. She brought a real positivity to the boards and in real life. I really miss her and thing of her often.

BTW, it was great to share my Billys with you on your birthday, and to celebrate again the next day at WCT. Another trip is planned for next year. You should check out the thread on the Disneyland board.

Tina: I've always loved Billys so it was a special treat to meet them up close & personal. Thanks again for arranging that for us. I was so pleased to have been included.

Stacey and Cheryl: I think I met both of you as well at the Billy Hill get together in October?

I miss her texts and PM's also!
I remember the day we came up with the Bad Girl club!
Aww what fun that was!
I totally miss her everyday!

Stacey and Cheryl: I think I met both of you as well at the Billy Hill get together in October?

I believe we did-there were some others too--Linda and Kelly (and her DH) and I'm not remembering everyone now, but therew ere quite a few of us up close and personal with the Billys that day!

I've been thinking of Dawn this week and last as it was during the October 2009 Diva gathering at the DLR that I first met Dawn, Sally and the rest of the Divas. Have been thinking of her DH, her kids, and all who loved her and hoping their hearts are healing.

Me too quadaunt, I was just thinking today how we lost her last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter