Fall Advantage 2011 :)

Alright, so I'm still not completely sure, but I think I want to do Fall 2011. I'll be a sophomore in college at that point (I'm a senior in high school right now), which will be a good time to go for me. I want to go sometime that year, but I'm leaning toward Fall over Spring 2012 just because I want to be there for the holidays. :)

I'm Amy, by the way. :thumbsup2

DO IT!!!!!

we are on the exact same boat :)

HS seniors

HEY GUS! LETS TALK! :o

hahaha
i went to a CP presentation last week and i realy wish i could have applied... :(

Here's a converstaion that will get everyone to talk: what role is everyone trying to apply for and why?

I really want attractions because I am very entergetic person and I am very easy to work with a crowd. I wanted Jungle Cruise first, but now I'm thinking I would have a good shot at The Great Movie Ride because I'm taking a movie history class and the movies we have been talking about are all in the ride!

I'm definitely going to apply for Entertainment. It's my dream to perform for Disney. I plan on going Full time after the CP. My second choice would be attractions, then Photopass.

Here's a converstaion that will get everyone to talk: what role is everyone trying to apply for and why?

Entertainment is my first choice, like so many other people. I've been taking dance since I was five, and love performing. I've taken a few theatre classes, but that's definitely my weak point. I would love more than anything to be trained in a parade or show, but I know how rare and unlikely that is, so doing ANYTHING entertainment-wise (especially considering my height, 5'10") would be awesome.

I'd also think I'd like merchandise, or attractions. I don't really have experience with either, but they both sound really fun. I'd pretty much be happy with anything, though, as long as it's in WDW! :earboy2:

Im also a performer and was looking into dancing durring the cp, but I didn't see anything that you could dance in. does anyone have any information regarding dancing during the college program. (i'm actually a dance major!)

for a while I was set on Photopass as my first choice but now I'm not so sure... I know it's a looot of work and that camera equipment is heavy! But it's kinda cool that they can go in all the parks... we'll see; it's hard to get into Photopass to begin with but I think I'd be pretty well-suited.

my second choice is either Merchandise or Attractions. Merchandise is nice because my current job is retail, and obviously being in WDW makes it much more magical, but at the same time, it'd be kind of cool to do something else, which is why Attractions also seems nice!

Though, in a perfect world, I'd love to be a character performer. *___*

1. Entertainment
2. Attractions
3. Character Attendant
4. Merchandise

I REALLY wanna be friends with Pluto and/or Eeyore.
Anyone know of a full list online anywhere with all of the heights of all of the characters? It would be verrrry helpful :D
Yes, I have dance experience..I did ballet and jazz for about 12 or 13 years.

Alright...since I can't narrow down to 3 main attractions I'd like to work at, I'm going to put a few in order for each park!
Epcot
Test Track
Mission: Space
Soarin'
Nemo

Magic Kingdom
Splash Mountain
Pirates of the Caribbean
Haunted Mansion
Space Mountain

Disney's Hollywood Studios
Tower of Terror
Toy Story Mania
Rockin' Roller Coaster
Star Tours

Disney's Animal Kingdom
Kali River Rapids
Dinosaur
Expedition Everest

This one is pretty self explainatory.

I would LOVE to work at Tinkerbell's Treasures in Magic Kingdom. I'd be fine with merch anywhere though!

Im also a performer and was looking into dancing durring the cp, but I didn't see anything that you could dance in. does anyone have any information regarding dancing during the college program. (i'm actually a dance major!)

Wow, you're a dance major? Where do you go to school? I was thinking of minoring in dance, but I'm not sure yet.
I've heard of people getting the opportunity to dance in parades or shows, but I'm not sure which ones. It depends on the color code you are given at auditions and what they're looking for at the time. It's pretty rare, though.

Wow, you're a dance major? Where do you go to school? I was thinking of minoring in dance, but I'm not sure yet.
I've heard of people getting the opportunity to dance in parades or shows, but I'm not sure which ones. It depends on the color code you are given at auditions and what they're looking for at the time. It's pretty rare, though.

See, I didn't think you could dance in the CP...I guess I could ask one of the dancers who did the program. lol.
But I still believe attractions would be really fun as well!
I go to the university of alabama! We have a really great program that's mainly ballet based, but Jazz and Modern is top notch as well!

See, I didn't think you could dance in the CP...I guess I could ask one of the dancers who did the program. lol.
But I still believe attractions would be really fun as well!
I go to the university of alabama! We have a really great program that's mainly ballet based, but Jazz and Modern is top notch as well!

CP's have been chosen as movers for parades, but it's very rare.

i guess then i should audition to be a character performer and then do attractions if I don't get to dance....or deny it if they dont give me dance...or is that bad etiquette?:confused3

i guess then i should audition to be a character performer and then do attractions if I don't get to dance....or deny it if they dont give me dance...or is that bad etiquette?:confused3

If you audition for character performer you won't know until you get down there what actual role you get (just like attractions people don't find out where they work until they get there). So you wouldn't be able to switch or deny before your CP started. And I believe you cannot switch roles once it starts- you can only transfer if you choose to extend. But even if you do get selected as a mover for the parades, you will still have to do characters- everyone who is a character performer does.

Omg and I thought waiting to apply for spring 2011 was a long way off. :eek: I'm already going crazy, I can't imagine how you guys feel.

If you audition for character performer you won't know until you get down there what actual role you get (just like attractions people don't find out where they work until they get there).

right okay that makes sense. Im not sure what I want to do now! lol.... I not sure if I want to go to the hotel management route now or character perf. or attractions. good thing I'll still have a year to figure it out!

thank ya'll!!!

Omg and I thought waiting to apply for spring 2011 was a long way off. :eek: I'm already going crazy, I can't imagine how you guys feel.

hahaha yea it kinda sucks. But hey! We only think about it as a year untill we apply and that's what keeps me going! Good luck with spring!!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter