Fall/Halloween Exchange: Sent & Received

I have another confession too. In certain areas of my life I'm OC (obsessive compulsive). Gift giving is one of them. I never feel like I have picked out just the right thing(s).
I can't tell you how many times I've gone shopping and picked something up then set it down only to pick it back up again,, I do this 3 or 4 times before I leave the store.. Drives DH crazy.. This is what he says everytime I go shopping .. Get in, Get out, quit ******* about ..He's such a sweetie:p :teeth:
I wouldn't worry about the sea monkeys Who wants a gift that only last 3 days..,, okay candy doesn't count cause that only last 15 seconds in this house:jester: :jester:

I try not to shop with anybody, least of all my DH. I always feel like I'm being rushed. Even it's just for groceries. I compare prices, look at my coupons (if I remember them), look at the sale ad, try on the same dress in two different sizes, different colors... all the while my DH is looking for a place to sit, looking at his watch, skipping aisles. I love him dearly but I wish he'd stay home when I shop. If my sister goes with me her kids call on her cell every 30 minutes or she'll say well didn't I tell you I had to be home by such and such time - uh, no.

Drives me nuts!

Candy lasts 15 seconds in your house? Sounds about right I guess. I was making treat bags tonight and I think I ate half the candy already :teeth: It was good too!!

I finally made it to the post office today. The mail lady said, "Oooh, I like this package." :o I hope my pal likes it, too. We shall see in 7 to 10 days. Just in time for Halloween!

Happy Haunting!

pirate: :eek:

Judy

Originally posted by J&D
Sorry to DISappoint you, but on a teacher's salary I couldn't afford to send you that prize.
feiertag-smiley-017.gif

Not disappointed at all - it was chocolate after all! ::yes:: Actually it was finished before I got done sorting through the goodies. :earseek:

dunce.gif

I really did intend on shipping out my package today but ... I got to thinking about it this morning and of course felt like it was missing something. Time to go shopping instead. Unwrap the package, put in the "one more thing " and it still feels off somhow.

Added to that my DS4 is not only watching Dora but narrating the entire show for me.

So here's what I'm thinking -- I'll keep the gifts I bought, put DS4 in his Halloween costume and send him to my Pal, sound okay? As long as he's in his costume he qualifies as Fall/Halloween related. And if we can ship puppies then why not children?

Sounds like a great plan to me, hope my Pal likes the idea as much as I do! I absolutely promise I will get to the post office, if not today by 3pm then 1st thing tomorrow morning and I'll send it Priority Mail so it'll be quicker.

Off to re-wrap my package!! :wave2:

I have an almost four year old son and he is plenty. :) hee hee. And oh my, that Dora. I heard when they made that show they based it on Mr. Rogers theory that to learn kids need to hear things three times. It can start to drive you batty! At least my son knows what por favor means now. :)

:Pinkbounc I received a package today from TEK224. :Pinkbounc

She sent me the following goodies all wrapped up in Halloween tissue paper:

Stitch Hallmark Keepsake Ornament for my collection
Mac Intosh Apple Yankee candle jar
stuffed M&M dressed as a pirate holding a bag of M&Ms (very cute)
large bag of Halloween peanut M&Ms (one of my favorites)

Thanks again, Terri! :)

I got my package out on time today! I didn't think I was going to make it to the post office in time but I did! Now, let's just hope I made enough air holes in it. "It's" got a long way to go. :earsboy:

AdventurerKat -- wait until your son does this --- "Mom, do you know how to say (insert any word) in Spanish?" No sweetie even though I just heard Dora say it a million times I have no idea. "You say (insert spanish word here). Now you know how to say (insert word again) in Spanish."

He does this for every word that Dora says in Spanish for the entire show. He can now count to 10 in Spanish too. He's only just turned 4 and he speaks Spanish, albeit rather poorly, already. At least he's learning but I completely understand about the batty business.:crazy:

Now that I think about it -- which would you say is more annoying Dora or the Wiggles?

I was trying to find something football-y, since you said your husband was a coach. I just couldn't find that "right" thing.

Terri

:bounce: :Pinkbounc My package arrived from snowwhitefan today. It contained very cute kitchen Halloween towels, cute candy corn candles, (my fav Halloween candy is candy corn) a darling little ghost and 2 magnets. How did you know my fridge is covered with magnets?:Pinkbounc :bounce:

I forgot to put my identity in my package. Sooooo, if you get a pkg from Texas with no name inside, it may be mine.

I'll let you know when you post that it has arrived. I like keeping people in suspense.

Judy

And Holy cow I'm never going to the post office again,, They made me send it priority because you can't have live contents in transits for 6 days,, I don't see why not I feed him 1st which wasn't a good idea because it just added weight to the box..oh well it was still worth the 14.85 to get rid of him:teeth: :teeth:

Judy,

I am glad that the package I sent arrived safely. I swear, I went shopping like 6 times, and I still feel like I didn't get the package exactly right, but I wanted to ship it out on time. Hope I did okay!

Sheryl (snowwhitefan):crazy:

Originally posted by sweetpea3812
And Holy cow I'm never going to the post office again,, They made me send it priority because you can't have live contents in transits for 6 days,, I don't see why not I feed him 1st which wasn't a good idea because it just added weight to the box..oh well it was still worth the 14.85 to get rid of him:teeth: :teeth:

falldown2laugh.gif

:)

But I did get my package from AdventureKat. Thank you so much
I got Halloween socks ( wearing them right now), a halloween hand towel which is in my main floor bathroom,M&M's (yumm) halloween shaped cookie cutters and halloween swizel stixs ( I have never seen those before. very cute)
Thanks Kat!!

But I did get a great package from dtuleya!

This morning I decided that I was going to clean out all the kitchen cupboards and get the moldy oldies out of the fridge so I just threw on sweats, a t-shirt and put my hair in a pony tail. Not very attractive to say the least. So when my doorbell rang and DS4 started yelling "someone's at the door!" I freaked.

Luckily they just put the package on the porch and left so I was safe.

Here's what I received:
Halloween socks (I plan to wear those after I shower today), apple butter from an orchard (I'll be making biscuits today and having that with supper), candy corn picture/note holder (DS already put a picture in it for me) cinnamon candle (I'm a candle nut, I have them everywhere), Indian Corn (my favorite), a wooden ghost waving (too cute), and a candy corn candle in a votive. You would not believe how good the candles smell! Yum!!

My DS4 has decided that Indian Corn is his favorite now too but I have bad news for him -- I'm being stingy and not sharing! Well, maybe just a couple pieces but only after lunch.

Thank-you so much everything is perfect! Now I'm off to light some candles and hide my Indian Corn. :wave2:

I got my package mailed out yesterday. Hopefully nothing melts before it reaches its destination. :sunny:

I am away at a business trip this week (I'm sneaking on the computer, I am soooo bad)...Anyway, I will send out my package when I get back this weekend and promise to send it out so that it arrives in time!!! I have done all the shopping and just need to get it in the mail!!!

I am soooo sorry!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter