FANTASMIC! Dining, Dessert, Fastpass Thread - Q&A Here

For the River Belle Terrace Package I booked, the cost difference between having a meal there without a package vs. including the package is only about $10 more per person. The BB package we booked would be about $15 more per person. For my family, the cost definitely justifies having a guaranteed spot to sit (I confirmed with two cast members that these packages will be sitting on the ground, not standing).

The dining packages reserved sections are also front and center viewing of the show. With a regular fastpass, people line up a lot earlier to guarantee a good spot for the show, whereas with the dining package, you don't have to line up quite as early (although some people do).
It sounds like you've done your homework and feel good about this. That's me with my Disney trips...planning and researching, to get the best experience~ And I am willing to spend the money for it!! :thumbsup2

I get what both of you are saying grannieminnie and BriannaRuth . It really does depend on your budget and what your family prefers. But Fantasmic has always been a must see for most of us here at DL and it has been gone for so long people are dying to see it. For me Like grannieminnie it opens my last day at DL and I have been dying for it to come back. I am chopping it up to the cost of the meal mainly. I also like grannieminnie am not an early to rise person while on vacation so, the chances of me waiting an hour before rope drop to be that person to maybe get a free FP just isn't happening. There will be so many people at RD waiting to hopefully get that FP and for me it just isn't worth the hustle so, the meal and convenience of a dining package are more worth my time and less effort than anything.

For the River Belle Terrace Package I booked, the cost difference between having a meal there without a package vs. including the package is only about $10 more per person. The BB package we booked would be about $15 more per person. For my family, the cost definitely justifies having a guaranteed spot to sit (I confirmed with two cast members that these packages will be sitting on the ground, not standing).

The dining packages reserved sections are also front and center viewing of the show. With a regular fastpass, people line up a lot earlier to guarantee a good spot for the show, whereas with the dining package, you don't have to line up quite as early (although some people do).
Well put! This is exactly why these packages are worth it to us as well!!

I'm really having trouble seeing the value in some of these packages. We've never done a Fantasmic package before, so maybe someone could enlighten me?

If I understand correctly, the RBT package includes viewing from your table at RBT. We saw F! from RBT several years ago before there was a package for it, and the view was underwhelming. It wasn't very close and there were always people walking right in front of us. And I haven't even seen a guarantee that you'd even be seated along the rail ... the view would be even worse if you were at a table further back. I don't understand why people would want to pay this premium for that?

Is the BB package on the tiered area? I've also seen F! from there, when we did a VIP tour a couple years ago. It was a good view, but even sitting there you still had to arrive fairly early to get a good seat because each tier is pretty big so unless you were right in front of the tier sitting on the step, you were sitting on the ground behind other guests, which would not be good for short people or kids. Not only that but I have bad knees and sitting on the ground is difficult for me.

If you get a FP for F! instead of doing a package, how long would you have to wait to get a decent view, assuming you have short people/kids? We always viewed it along the rail in the HM/POC area without a FP -- we could see from there without even waiting. But as I understand it, this is now a FP or ADR area? So what's the alternative now?

I get the premium for the WOC Dessert Party because of the tables, chairs, and the fact that you really don't have to wait in line very long if you don't want to. But I'm just not seeing as much value here.

I've also wondered about this. I'm an East-coaster, don't get to DLR but maybe once or twice a year (and that's fabulous in my eyes no matter what shows I see!). We are in Cali next week for a week and I am only able to see Fantasmic on the first and second nights of the new show opening. Actually, only the first night, truth be told, as I'm not planning on being in the park late on our last night, and with my DH back in the hotel. I badly want to see the new show, but after paying big bucks just to enter the park, I have a very hard time justifying MORE big bucks to see the show with a package, given the description posters are receiving on what kind of seating (or not) that comes with the packages. I know it will be hideously crowded for walkups and I'm no spring chicken, so standing and waiting for 2 hours is not my idea of Disney magic! To me, it's even more absurd that they would tack on more money and call it a premium package! I know I sound negative but I have been having these thoughts for days as I have read the comments on this thread. I booked a meal at RBT (none were available at BB) just in case I changed my mind and could have the reservation turned into a package. So far, I have not made the call, and with the days ticking down, I doubt there would be packages left anyway.
I hope everyone who has booked these pricey packages comes away feeling like they got their money's worth! I really do. But I just can't convince myself I would get

I get what you are both saying too. When I crunched the numbers the packages ended up costing us about $100 more at either restaurant than if we had just eaten off the menu (and I'm not sure we would have eaten at RBT, we might have, but not for sure). But that is because I have three kids and one is considered a "Disney adult" so he ends up costing $45 when he would be just as happy with an $8 plate of mac and cheese at RBT. But, they really want to see Fantasmic and we only get to California every few years (it's been 5 since our last visit!). From what I've read, the way it is now it is practically impossible for kids to get a good view from the standing FP section unless you are one if the first in line and even then, they are standing for the whole show. (DLR vets please correct me if I'm wrong!) So, that makes the extra cost worth it for us. But I totally understand how someone could balk at the extra expense. It's so much easier to justify at WDW when you are on the dining plan and the Fantasmic upgrade costs the same one credit as a regular table service meal.

You are so right! I didn't crunch the numbers until now and it's only $10 which isn't hardly anything. So worth it!

Booked BB for September 2nd. So the system opened today. I may call to see if they know if MSEP will continue and if so, upgrade to the premium.

Good luck everyone
Mike

I also like grannieminnie am not an early to rise person while on vacation so, the chances of me waiting an hour before rope drop to be that person to maybe get a free FP just isn't happening.

Is it really that difficult to get a F! FP? I thought they were generally available until at least 11. Will be interesting to see what effect MaxPass has on F! FPs.

Since the area along the rail in front of HM is now FP (or least it was before F! closed), is there anywhere you actually have a chance to see the show as a last minute walk-up?

Is it really that difficult to get a F! FP? I thought they were generally available until at least 11. Will be interesting to see what effect MaxPass has on F! FPs.

Since the area along the rail in front of HM is now FP (or least it was before F! closed), is there anywhere you actually have a chance to see the show as a last minute walk-up?
I think since it is just coming back this next week , It will be super crowded for the next few months

Dang. I wish we could just get the cushion, no sugary drink required.

We've done the BB package twice before, so I'll probably forego the cushions since we're flying down and might not have room to bring them home. I've got some great inflatable ones that fold down to about the size of a pill bottle that I'll bring. My only concern was that we'd be able to sit, not stand. The BB area is great - it's front and center, and the ground slopes downward towards the water, so you don't have to be at the rail to have an awesome view. In fact, I prefer to be several rows back, so that I can see over the top of the rail.

Did she say MSEP FP was included? That is what i have read from other people on this thread?
I'm sorry... I didn't think to ask. We've been to DL twice earlier this year, and the parade is charming but we won't watch it this trip, so it wasn't even on my radar.

It looks like starting August 27 Fantasmic will only run Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Can anyone confirm this?

I predict there will be an increased demand for at least the first week or two. You'll either need to be there at rope drop to guarantee getting FP for the Yellow section, or wait around until the second show starts distributing.

Are shows being included with MaxPass as well? I hadn't read anything official stating that people would be able to book entertainment FPs as well.

It looks like starting August 27 Fantasmic will only run Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Can anyone confirm this?

Gosh I hope not as was hoping to see it Wed Aug 30th. Our last night will be Fri Sept 1st but that will be an awful day as the parks are suposed to be busy as it is for the marathon. Having said that it looks like the dining packages are currently only offered up to Aug 27th.

I would call back and make sure by having them send you an email confirmation. Would not want you getting stuck with a CM at the restaurant who has no access to the 'notes' on your reside. Plus, add in gratuity and taxes...the $65 includes neither.

Yeah I know what you mean, having no e-mail confirmation makes me feel a little uneasy. I'm going to call today.

Just got off the phone with Disneyland Dining. Only 5 minutes hold time today! Yay! Here are some things she told me that they were told, for what it's worth:

1. The reserved section is seated with some standing room in the back.

2. The seat cushions at BB are only offered with the $90 Premium package now (F! FP, MSEP FP, seat cushion, and non-alcoholic premium drink).

3. Answering my own question, she said that they were told for both BB and RBT, reservations before 6:10 will be given FP for the first show and 6:10 and after will get the second show.

She couldn't find any packages for any times on our BB date to convert it over (Sat. 8/5) and told me the same thing about putting a note on the reservation, etc. etc. However, she told me the note wouldn't guarantee the package, it would only be if someone cancels last minute or decides they want to order off the menu and not do the package, which makes sense to me. Has anyone had experience with that? How likely is it for it to come available day day of?

The CM told you that the note doesn't guarantee the package? If that's the case I need to call them today. They did not inform me about this when I called. The CM I talked to told me I was "good to go and that there would be no issues once we arrived."

Ok, here's what I just did...

I already had an 8/24 reservation at BB booked, and called to add the F! package. Just like other posters in this thread, they told me that there would be a note on my reservation and that the restaurant would honor this. No email, no confirmation, nothing. Being that I was a bit uncertain that it would actually get honored, I went online and saw that there was a 7:20 F! dining package for the first show available (only an hour after my original reservation). I cancelled my 6:20 reservation, and quickly booked the 7:20 F! reservation and got an e-mail confirmation stating "Blue Bayou Restaurant Fantasimi! Dinner Dining Package 1st Show". I feel so much better about this, as oppose to having a note on my original reservation. As another poster had mentioned, the CM that they had talked to told them that the note would not guarrantee a show.

Also, there is now a 6:20 available BB time on 8/24 if anybody is interested:)

I predict there will be an increased demand for at least the first week or two. You'll either need to be there at rope drop to guarantee getting FP for the Yellow section, or wait around until the second show starts distributing...
Demand for Fantasmic Fastpass will be huge. Guests will need to be there for rope drop, and immediately wait in the Fastpass line. Passes will be gone very fast, only limited by the number of machines being used.
...Are shows being included with MaxPass as well? I hadn't read anything official stating that people would be able to book entertainment FPs as well.
Including shows with Maxpass will add significant value, but nothing has been announced.

Wow, if it were just $10, no problem..but our family of five has reservations for BB, dinner will cost us $200 with tax and tip, adding fantasmic it will be double...not worth it.
When our whole family of 5 goes we don't do this kind of stuff either as it costs too much for all of us. Usually it's just me and my daughter. The guys aren't huge Disney fans.

Last edited:
Gosh I hope not as was hoping to see it Wed Aug 30th. Our last night will be Fri Sept 1st but that will be an awful day as the parks are suposed to be busy as it is for the marathon. Having said that it looks like the dining packages are currently only offered up to Aug 27th.
If you look at the dining page your able to book the following weekend September 1, 2,3 and 4th I am assuming Monday since it is Labor day. We can only go on 8/29 and still nothing offered.

Yeah I know what you mean, having no e-mail confirmation makes me feel a little uneasy. I'm going to call today.

The CM told you that the note doesn't guarantee the package? If that's the case I need to call them today. They did not inform me about this when I called. The CM I talked to told me I was "good to go and that there would be no issues once we arrived."

Ok, here's what I just did...

I already had an 8/24 reservation at BB booked, and called to add the F! package. Just like other posters in this thread, they told me that there would be a note on my reservation and that the restaurant would honor this. No email, no confirmation, nothing. Being that I was a bit uncertain that it would actually get honored, I went online and saw that there was a 7:20 F! dining package for the first show available (only an hour after my original reservation). I cancelled my 6:20 reservation, and quickly booked the 7:20 F! reservation and got an e-mail confirmation stating "Blue Bayou Restaurant Fantasimi! Dinner Dining Package 1st Show". I feel so much better about this, as oppose to having a note on my original reservation. As another poster had mentioned, the CM that they had talked to told them that the note would not guarrantee a show.

Also, there is now a 6:20 available BB time on 8/24 if anybody is interested:)

I think this is a good call! If you want, you could even check and see if they could somehow move your 7:20 F! to the open 6:20 time if you want more time between the show. You are getting the FP either way.

And, yes, the CM made sure to tell me that the note would not guarantee the package and it would only be if there was a cancellation or if someone decided to forgo the package once they got there and just eat off the menu. I had read your post and I knew it was different than what they had told you but I understood what she was saying. We have an RBT package earlier in our trip but we don't get to DL that often and since we already have BB reservations, I figured we might as well try to get the package. Hopefully it will be available when we get there. I'll keep checking once in awhile but reservations were booked up for that date before the packages even opened up so I bet it will be tough to find anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter