Fantasmic! Information and shared experiences!

It will be me, my husband, and my very active 3 year old on a trip in a few weeks. I decided to keep my standard RBT reservations. My plan is for all 3 of us to go get a spot as soon as they let us in the area. Then, I’ll lay a blanket down and I’ll save the spot while my husband takes my daughter to run around. I also plan on getting Beignets to kill time with the last part of the wait.
What I’m worried about is how early people wait in the spot to get in to the assigned area. If people start lining up at 6, that’s 3 hours of waiting around.

Are the views from the back of the area just as good as up front near the railing? If they are ok I wouldn’t mind showing up closer to start time

Paying extra to hold you captive for 3hrs before showtime doesn't sound like my idea of a good time. If I'm paying extra I wanna arrive 30 min before showtime to at least an ok view. I don't understand why they are opening up the areas so early.
People seem to have very short memories. It was about the same in before times.

From my 2018 Blue Bayou Fantasmic Dining package review
https://www.disboards.com/threads/review-fantasmic-blue-bayou-dining-package-june-2018.3694811/

I was down at Winnie The Pooh ride and I came back up to Haunted Mansion about 7. 10pm to find the Fantasmic entrance. There were alot of people hanging around so I sat on the wall outside Haunted Mansion.

At about 7.20pm I saw a big group heading over to the line up area so I went over to the CM to ask.

The CMs had the ropes up but were still allowing people to walk through. They had started 3 pre line up lines. Hungry Bear at the railings, Blue Bayou in the middle and RiverBelle at the far side. It was very confusing as there were no ropes up and families were bunched together. People from River Belle were in the Blue Bayou Line and people from Blue Bayou were in the River Belle line. It was only due to everyone talking and saying Im in the line for Blue Bayou that you could find the right line. This all happened between 7.15pm and 7.45pm.

At 7.45pm the CM's stopped people from walking through and started organising the lines. Hungry Bar were brought through first to a holding area, then us in the Blue Bayou line were brought through our holding area and then River Belle were brought through. Each viewing area was marked on the ground with tape and had a separate entrance area. At 8pm they let us through the viewing areas, at the entrance the CM took your Fantasmic ticket.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/review-fantasmic-blue-bayou-dining-package-june-2018.3694811/

I was down at Winnie The Pooh ride and I came back up to Haunted Mansion about 7. 10pm to find the Fantasmic entrance. There were alot of people hanging around so I sat on the wall outside Haunted Mansion.

At about 7.20pm I saw a big group heading over to the line up area so I went over to the CM to ask.

The CMs had the ropes up but were still allowing people to walk through. They had started 3 pre line up lines. Hungry Bear at the railings, Blue Bayou in the middle and RiverBelle at the far side. It was very confusing as there were no ropes up and families were bunched together. People from River Belle were in the Blue Bayou Line and people from Blue Bayou were in the River Belle line. It was only due to everyone talking and saying Im in the line for Blue Bayou that you could find the right line. This all happened between 7.15pm and 7.45pm.

At 7.45pm the CM's stopped people from walking through and started organising the lines. Hungry Bar were brought through first to a holding area, then us in the Blue Bayou line were brought through our holding area and then River Belle were brought through. Each viewing area was marked on the ground with tape and had a separate entrance area. At 8pm they let us through the viewing areas, at the entrance the CM took your Fantasmic ticket.
I did the Fantasmic dining package a number of times in the before days. I was always alone with my toddler so I always showed up 20 minutes before the show. There was never any issue because the packages were not over sold back then and there was plenty of room in the section. I could always buy my package the day of the show even. Maybe it was less popular back then. Two people I know who went last week said they didn’t think I’d even be admitted to the section 30 minutes before the show because it was so full. That is a problem!

You are assuming I have done a dining package before, I have never. Can't have a short memory for something I've never done. This is the first trip I was considering it and so far I'll rather walk up 15 minutes before and standing behind the rope like I have before, far less painful and cheaper.

I don't agree and did not have that experience before. For 9pm show for blue bayou packaged we used to arrive to the viewing area at 8pm. There would be CMs there and they wouldn't even let anyone line up until 8pm.. I distinctly remember a gentleman getting flustered by that.

I think it's gotta work itself out. It is most likely all new Staff down there..

I don't agree and did not have that experience before. For 9pm show for blue bayou packaged we used to arrive to the viewing area at 8pm. There would be CMs there and they wouldn't even let anyone line up until 8pm.. I distinctly remember a gentleman getting flustered by that.

I think it's gotta work itself out. It is most likely all new Staff down there..
For this I would be willing to pay.

Paying extra to hold you captive for 3hrs before showtime doesn't sound like my idea of a good time. If I'm paying extra I wanna arrive 30 min before showtime to at least an ok view. I don't understand why they are opening up the areas so early.

I'm sure it'll work itself out over time. Fantasmic is the new popular thing to do right now so the popularity of the packages is reflecting that. Back in the day, I'd treat the Hungry Bear package as sort of my back-up plan when Fastpasses were gone for the day. For the second show, I would even be able to slip in a quick ride on something like Astro Blasters after fireworks ended and happily get a 2nd row spot.

Last edited:
I'm sure it'll work itself out over time. Fantasmic is the new popular thing to do right now tso the popularity of the packages is reflecting that. Back in the day, I'd treat the Hungry Bear package as sort of my back-up plan when Fastpasses were gone for the day. For the second show, I would even be able to slip in a quick ride on something like Astro Blasters after fireworks ended and happily get a 2nd row spot.
This is what I was hoping for, my ADR dates open in a few days. I might make the reservation and cancel the day before if things continue like this.

In 2019 we lined up for HB about 7:30 (90 minutes before show time, about 30 minutes before the viewing area opened). We were already a few families back in line, but we got the spot we wanted (as far in as possible, right next to the rope for the then BB package seating), and only 2 rows back. We used more vertical type space, so our adults/taller party members were behind our smaller kids to try to avoid blocking anyone behind us. My husband is very tall even sitting down!

It will be me, my husband, and my very active 3 year old on a trip in a few weeks. I decided to keep my standard RBT reservations. My plan is for all 3 of us to go get a spot as soon as they let us in the area. Then, I’ll lay a blanket down and I’ll save the spot while my husband takes my daughter to run around. I also plan on getting Beignets to kill time with the last part of the wait.
It will be me, my husband, and my very active 3 year old on a trip in a few weeks. I decided to keep my standard RBT reservations. My plan is for all 3 of us to go get a spot as soon as they let us in the area. Then, I’ll lay a blanket down and I’ll save the spot while my husband takes my daughter to run around. I also plan on getting Beignets to kill time with the last part of the wait

I’ve decided that for our august trip, I REALLY want to do the premium dining package (sit down table) at RBT

I’m already feeling ansy about trying to secure this. My reservation window opens next week 😬

I feel like I know the tips/tricks
I’ll be trying on my app and desktop at the same time
I’ll try for every day of our 4 days in the parks

The problem is I have to be to work AT 0600, so I’ll try to get my husband to help on the desktop while I’m on my app walking in to work on those days 😂😂😂

Could you let us know how it went? I'm nervous about my Premium RB package (in October) as well and would love to know how difficult or easy it was. Also, if any tricks worked for you.
Good Luck!

So I’m here now. Did River Belle, and the food was really mediocre (switched out some items so I got the strawberry salad, pulled pork sandwich, and seasonal monkey bread; it was all super dry). Hung out around Harbor Galley about 6:45 (I wasn’t doing anything else), and they created tape lines around 7. There we discovered they had added Blue Bayou dining packages! It just opened for walk-ins and apparently today they started doing the packages. Really annoying since I prefer the food there and also meant the center space was blocked off for those few people who did BB.

Eventually got let into the section about 7:25? RBT is off to the side of the center fountain so I decided rather than getting a railing spot, I would go for second row right at end of section. Still super annoyed that the BB is basically empty (it’s 7:45, still even has railing spots while HB is looking pretty full; RBT is about 1/2 full but they haven’t had us squish forward or anything). I’m sure the late comers will end up getting put into the extra BB section, which is extra annoying!

Oh well, gotta get over it and just enjoy Fantasmic tonight! (FYI I bought a folding kayak/canoe chair. Like what you could have for stadium bleachers; it’s allowed since it fit in my backpack, doesn’t give me any extra height, just supports my back!)

So I’m here now. Did River Belle, and the food was really mediocre (switched out some items so I got the strawberry salad, pulled pork sandwich, and seasonal monkey bread; it was all super dry). Hung out around Harbor Galley about 6:45 (I wasn’t doing anything else), and they created tape lines around 7. There we discovered they had added Blue Bayou dining packages! It just opened for walk-ins and apparently today they started doing the packages. Really annoying since I prefer the food there and also meant the center space was blocked off for those few people who did BB.

Eventually got let into the section about 7:25? RBT is off to the side of the center fountain so I decided rather than getting a railing spot, I would go for second row right at end of section. Still super annoyed that the BB is basically empty (it’s 7:45, still even has railing spots while HB is looking pretty full; RBT is about 1/2 full but they haven’t had us squish forward or anything). I’m sure the late comers will end up getting put into the extra BB section, which is extra annoying!

Oh well, gotta get over it and just enjoy Fantasmic tonight! (FYI I bought a folding kayak/canoe chair. Like what you could have for stadium bleachers; it’s allowed since it fit in my backpack, doesn’t give me any extra height, just supports my back!)
To clarify - blue bayou is not offering the Fantasmic dinning packages? Like you request it while dinning there?

I'm curious about your chair. Did you buy it at Disneyland or bring it with you? I have a terrible back so am always looking for back support items.

Have a great time watching the show!

Dang! This is some good intel, thank you!

Sooooooo … I have a Riverbelle reservations for next weekend but I would MUCH MUCH rather eat at BB. But I don’t want to let the RB ressies go in order to maybe get into BB as a walk up and maybe get a dining package. Ugh, why does Disney make everything so so difficult these days? We have park hoppers and can’t even get to BB until probably 1:30 realistically. What to do, what to do????

Dang! This is some good intel, thank you!

Sooooooo … I have a Riverbelle reservations for next weekend but I would MUCH MUCH rather eat at BB. But I don’t want to let the RB ressies go in order to maybe get into BB as a walk up and maybe get a dining package. Ugh, why does Disney make everything so so difficult these days? We have park hoppers and can’t even get to BB until probably 1:30 realistically. What to do, what to do????
I’m over here thinking about the same thing! But then I’m wondering if the River Belle section will thin out as more and more people hear about the BB section being back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter