Fantasmic! Information and shared experiences!

I believe all people with RBT vouchers are guaranteed a spot, so they will let you in no matter when you lineup. That has been my understanding anyway!

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster.

I might've missed this, but if you have a lunch reservation at RBT and upgrade to the standard package, can you request the second showing? Our ideal plan would be lunch at RBT, purchase the standard package, but have the viewing reservations for the second show. Any one know if this is possible?

Alternatively if anyone is thinking about canceling their premium package for 6/12, let me know!

Thanks!
Keep checking the Premium package page. You may still be able to get a reservation, especially as it gets closer to the day. Have a great trip! :)

I am curious how they divide the sections. Last time (in 2019) we did the BB viewing package we were in a taped off section, that filled with people not having the BB package but just stepping over the tape on the ground. LOL I spoke to the cast member about it and he said there was nothing he could do about that. Is there more defined division now or still just tape on the ground?

Help! I'm hearing that Fantasmic will only be on the weekends during Halloween time.
Is this true?
We'll be there from 10/17 to 10/21.
When I last visited in early February 2018 the schedule for Fantasmic was:
Fri - Sun: 2 showings at 9:00 pm & 10:30 pm
Mon - Thu: 1 showing at 7:45

Hoping for the same schedule this fall as we'll be there mid September. Who knows though .....

As far as I know. We did the HB package last trip (2019), but we lined up fairly early. For those traveling with small children, it wasn't so bad. We had 6 kids with us (2, 5, 8, 8, 10, and 12), and 3 adults. We initially lined up about 90 minutes before the show, but had lots of snacks with us. Inevitably someone had to use the bathroom but never at the same time. Because we had multiple adults this was not a problem and we would go and come back. Once we were allowed in the viewing area it was even easier to leave and come back. We brought blankets to help make the kids more comfortable and better define our space. We played games and pointed out different sites and let the kids wiggle around and dance and just generally be goofy, and they had a blast. At one point we pulled up Play Disney on our phones and that also was a bit hit with the middle kids. This year I am also bringing glow sticks, so hopefully that will help pass the time too! We will have 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15 and 16 yr olds with us, but 4 adults to help manage the chaos!

I’m trying to pick the best option for my trip and it’s all so confusing. I have both HB and the RBT standard package booked, but am now reconsidering. The HB menu just doesn’t appeal to us, plus it’s for the later show. And I’m having a hard time justifying the price for RBT if I still have to stake out a spot hours before the show. What are the chances of getting a spot with the RBT voucher if I arrive 30 minutes before? What is my chance of getting standby seating for the second show if I arrive 45 minutes before? I’ve got little kids and they are not capable of long waits at the end of a long day.
It will be me, my husband, and my very active 3 year old on a trip in a few weeks. I decided to keep my standard RBT reservations. My plan is for all 3 of us to go get a spot as soon as they let us in the area. Then, I’ll lay a blanket down and I’ll save the spot while my husband takes my daughter to run around. I also plan on getting Beignets to kill time with the last part of the wait.

I’ve decided that for our august trip, I REALLY want to do the premium dining package (sit down table) at RBT

I’m already feeling ansy about trying to secure this. My reservation window opens next week 😬

I feel like I know the tips/tricks
I’ll be trying on my app and desktop at the same time
I’ll try for every day of our 4 days in the parks

The problem is I have to be to work AT 0600, so I’ll try to get my husband to help on the desktop while I’m on my app walking in to work on those days 😂😂😂

I believe all people with RBT vouchers are guaranteed a spot, so they will let you in no matter when you lineup. That has been my understanding anyway!
On opening night my friend was there. She and her daughter needed a “bathroom pass” to leave and reenter the area, and when they came back the CM told them the area was full and they would have to wait for the second show (until they showed their bathroom pass and we’re readmitted). I would HOPE you would be guaranteed entry (especially since the voucher she had said they could return anytime between 7:30 and 8:45). But it looks like they oversold the first show on opening night at least… so I wouldn’t risk waiting too long myself.

If this has already been asked/answered please let me know and I am sorry I missed it- has anyone done the HB second showing of Fantasmic since reopening? I did this in 2019 and made my way there after seeing the fireworks on Main Street. I did not have any issue getting in around 10pm for the 10:30pm show. Planning on watching fireworks at the castle and then heading there but I don’t want to risk not getting into the section. It sounds like it is a little more stressful now.
Same question here. I think it's ideal (usually get better spots for the 2nd show since it's less crowded), but getting from MS to F! seems like it'd be swimming against the stream.

If this has already been asked/answered please let me know and I am sorry I missed it- has anyone done the HB second showing of Fantasmic since reopening? I did this in 2019 and made my way there after seeing the fireworks on Main Street. I did not have any issue getting in around 10pm for the 10:30pm show. Planning on watching fireworks at the castle and then heading there but I don’t want to risk not getting into the section. It sounds like it is a little more stressful now.

Same question here. I think it's ideal (usually get better spots for the 2nd show since it's less crowded), but getting from MS to F! seems like it'd be swimming against the stream.

We essentially did that on Sunday (fireworks were cancelled, but we watched Mix Magic on Small World) and arrived at HB viewing area @ 9:55. The area from Frontierland to New Orleans Square was jam packed. Like not moving, elbow to elbow. Next time I would go through SWGE. The HB viewing entrance is in front of HM so if you’re in New Orleans Square you have to cross the entire crowd.

There was plenty of availability in the viewing area when we arrived and we were able to get an excellent spot.

I did the HB second show last night.

People were lined up by 930pm but maybe earlier as I was in line for Rise but it broke down before boarding. At around 1010pm they started letting RBT and HB people down , RBT will stay to the right where HB will go to the left. Honestly due to the crush of people after fireworks and coming from Rivers of America I wouldn't risk it IF a railing spot is important to you. There was plenty of seating behind me though still , section was about 2/3 full, don't think they sold out yesterday.

That said it is a crush at first until they let you down , security is there because unfortunately there have been incidents lately. The cast members are doing what they can , and so many people try to rush , there is plenty if space and I was in the second row and had a perfect spot still.

This was my view , no zoom used.

Attachments

• 20220602_220810.jpg
    20220602_220810.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 31

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter