• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic speaker trick

MICKEYFIL

Mouseketeer
Many years ago when I saw Fantasmic I used the trick I learned here about waiting behind the speaker that is closest to the ground and rises before the show begins. Does this trick still work? Been a while since I have been around and don't know if this has been covered. Thank you.

I don't think it's a speaker, I believe it's a lighting rig?

Anyway, we used that on our first visit and enjoyed it. Our next two visits, we did the BB dining package. From memory on this most recent trip, I noticed that the rig had already been raised sometime in the late afternoon before we went in for our dinner. But YMMV.

They are the lighting towers and that viewing tactic unfortunately is no longer a thing. With F! 2.0 they eliminated the follow spotlight operators that were perched on top of those towers and since they no longer need to load that crew up right before the show, the towers start and stay in the up position from the time they come out of the ground.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter