Fast passes being enforced

Thanks Robo. We'll be there first week in April, guess we'll just have to assume major attraction FP's could be sold out. We'll just have to deal with it. A very busy day at Disney for us is better than no day at Disney. :)

Just to clarify, they don't sell Fast Passes so they won't be sold out. The do however run out of them for the more popular attractions.

Just to repeat a message that has been posted about a gazillion times. Over the past few years, from the beginning, they always enforced the "no early times" for admission. It wasn't until recently that the rumor of 5 early was suggested. The grace period after is there to deal with unexpected, legitimate problems delaying ones arrival, but, it is not public knowledge and is done only when a ride can handle it. The fluctuation of CM's may not be the CM's at all but the attraction itself and the supervisor determining if they can be flexible or not without causing a problem.

The only guarantee you have is between the first time on your FP and the last. If you get anything else, you need to say alleluia, have a magical day. I was just Pixie Dusted.:hyper::wizard:

There's no such thing.

Thanks Robo. We'll be there first week in April, guess we'll just have to assume major attraction FP's could be sold out.
Just make sure that you go get FPs for these few very popular attractions the first thing when you enter the park.

Sorry for bringing this one back up but I just read it and I have an interesting situation that I would like dadddio and UNCFanatik to comment on:

On my last trip to the World my Dgf and I were done with AK by around 10am since we were there for RD of EMH. However, we had already reserved a FP time to do Kilamanjaro Safari one more time @ 10:30a so we decided to wait outside the FP entrance to the ride until our FP matured. While we happened to be waiting there an older gentleman came up to us and said, "Hey do you guys want to ride this right now?" and offered us two FP for 10a. Of course we jumped at the opportunity to ride right away instead of waiting, so we took the FP. After we got off we decided that we wanted to keep our original FP as trinkets from our trip and didn't offer them to anyone else. Would you consider this net 0 effect or was accepting the first FP so far in breaking the rules that not giving away our 2nd set can't save us?

PS. This is something that REALLY happened.

I think the "giving away fast passes" point is so small in the large scale FP over haul that it probably isn't worth devoting 15 pages to.

I think the "giving away fast passes" point is so small in the large scale FP over haul that it probably isn't worth devoting 15 pages to.

Just to be clear (for those reading along without a program,) ;)
the "non-transferrable" clause/aspect has always been a part of FP
and is not one of the new changes.

And, yes, that point is so infinitesimal,
that it's less than one click from silly to worry about it.

Well, apparently I wasn't playing nice with my message (story of my life), but part of it is VERY important for

TMBACON:

The rules haven't changed much YET, but they could change astronomically before you get there, if FP+ has started. However, those details aren't official. But, be happy to know it will involve Disney making sure you don't have more fun than you can handle, or should be allowed.

Comments on claiming to refuse to accept free passes ommited.

I'm sure someone would say they would pick FPs off the ground and throw them away. If you found a $20 bill, would you just burn it, just in case it was drug money?

When I was at TDS, a girl offered me a FP to Voyage to the Center of the Earth late in the day when I had basically decided I just couldn't do a standby wait for a second ride, knowing this was likely a once in a lifetime trip. I wanted to kiss her, and GLADLY took it, and scurried into the queue.

Yeah, it'll all be moot soon, but I'm amazed that some people feel guilty for getting too many rides. Positively amazed.

I think this is part of a bigger issue though. In the past, a parent could give their child a FP for a second ride on Splash. This gave the parent time for a constitutional. and made their kid extremely happy. Disney doesn't want you to be able to do this anymore. THEY control how much happiness your family will be getting.

It really stinks, and even though Disney is a business, I'm still amazed they are making this money for happiness transition. It has to end with pay per FP+, there is no other way they will get a billion dollars back out of this. Let alone the large number of poeple that I beleive will be totally turned off by what a WDW vacation is going to be in a few scant months.

And to do this with Diagon Alley being built a few miles away, Transformers is totally built in 6 months, and Disney is close to 2 years into construction on a small, lightly themed family coaster.

I don't see why anyone would be staying on Disney property at this point. How long can they live on past memories. Especially when those memories will be "the good old days, when we got tons of E ticket FPs. FOR FREE".

-R

In the past, a parent could give their child a FP for a second ride on Splash. This gave the parent time for a constitutional. and made their kid extremely happy. Disney doesn't want you to be able to do this anymore. THEY control how much happiness your family will be getting.

Actually, giving fastpasses to strangers will stop.

But if I want to give my daughter my FP slot on a much beloved ride, I will continue to do so. I'll give her my magical pink wristband pixiedust: and I'll wager she sails right on through the line. They'll just have to drag me off to Disney jail if they have a problem with it.

Just to be clear (for those reading along without a program,) ;)
the "non-transferrable" clause/aspect has always been a part of FP
and is not one of the new changes.

And, yes, that point is so infinitesimal,
that it's less than one click from silly to worry about it.

yeah, probably so. But it is tiresome to hear of some FP maximizers in the past talk about how they broke no Disney rules but yet actually did when they gave away FP because they wanted to have some level of self satisfaction as being "part of the magic".

BUT the more interesting part of this thread has been the discussion about how people that dont work as hard or put in more effort into their touring plans should not be rewarded as those that put in the effort and work. It is interesting that people dont want Disney to reward these people but if they reward these people, by giving them FPs, then nothing is wrong with it.

They fail to see the flawed logic in their position. The irony is lost on them.

yeah, probably so. But it is tiresome to hear of some FP maximizers in the past talk about how they broke no Disney rules but yet actually did when they gave away FP because they wanted to have some level of self satisfaction as being "part of the magic".

BUT the more interesting part of this thread has been the discussion about how people that dont work as hard or put in more effort into their touring plans should not be rewarded as those that put in the effort and work. It is interesting that people dont want Disney to reward these people but if they reward these people, by giving them FPs, then nothing is wrong with it.

They fail to see the flawed logic in their position. The irony is lost on them.

Did you see my post about using my wife's ticket to get her a fastpass? Have you ever taken your wife and kid's ticketes and stood in a fastpass line for them? If so, and I follow your logic, then you are a "rule breaker" like the rest of us, correct?

That's odd, because every FP we went on we were allowed to enter 5 minutes earlier than FP start time. The final day we were there though, a fantastic CM allowed us to go in 1/2 hr early on our FP as that was DD's final ride before our lunch ressies and then leaving the park to head back home. She made DD's day!! :thumbsup2

I would also like this post by myself answered, please.

Sorry for bringing this one back up but I just read it and I have an interesting situation that I would like dadddio and UNCFanatik to comment on:

On my last trip to the World my Dgf and I were done with AK by around 10am since we were there for RD of EMH. However, we had already reserved a FP time to do Kilamanjaro Safari one more time @ 10:30a so we decided to wait outside the FP entrance to the ride until our FP matured. While we happened to be waiting there an older gentleman came up to us and said, "Hey do you guys want to ride this right now?" and offered us two FP for 10a. Of course we jumped at the opportunity to ride right away instead of waiting, so we took the FP. After we got off we decided that we wanted to keep our original FP as trinkets from our trip and didn't offer them to anyone else. Would you consider this net 0 effect or was accepting the first FP so far in breaking the rules that not giving away our 2nd set can't save us?

PS. This is something that REALLY happened.

Mad Hattered said:
Did you see my post about using my wife's ticket to get her a fastpass? Have you ever taken your wife and kid's ticketes and stood in a fastpass line for them? If so, and I follow your logic, then you are a "rule breaker" like the rest of us, correct?

Burned at the stake you should be lol I would bet many do this I know we do. Send a runner to get the FP with all the tickets

Actually, giving fastpasses to strangers will stop.

But if I want to give my daughter my FP slot on a much beloved ride, I will continue to do so. I'll give her my magical pink wristband pixiedust: and I'll wager she sails right on through the line. They'll just have to drag me off to Disney jail if they have a problem with it.

I guess you can do that, if you are with them. It definitely will become more difficult. You can no longer split FPs and split up for a few rides, unless a family pulls from a pool, which would be nice, but I doubt they do that.

It just seems way too complicated, for no good reason.

And who knows, for "security reasons", if a 40 year old man walks through, and the CM's iPad says their band is that of a girl, that could raise a flag, since the CM wouldn't know if the band was stolen. Losing a band will become a BIG DEAL. It becomes similar to you saying it's OK for her to use your admission ticket for the day, even though her finger doesn't match the info on the ticket. Will they allow that?

-R

The rules haven't changed much YET, but they could change astronomically before you get there, if FP+ has started. However, those details aren't official. But, be happy to know it will involve Disney making sure you don't have more fun than you can handle, or should be allowed.

If Disney has been getting increasingly negative feedback from a large portion of their guests that were frustrated with long lines and wait times, then this change could increase the fun of those people.

Yeah, it'll all be moot soon, but I'm amazed that some people feel guilty for getting too many rides. Positively amazed.

Where have you seen people saying they felt guilty for getting too many rides? Can you provide examples?

I think this is part of a bigger issue though. In the past, a parent could give their child a FP for a second ride on Splash. This gave the parent time for a constitutional. and made their kid extremely happy. Disney doesn't want you to be able to do this anymore. THEY control how much happiness your family will be getting.

So a family has no control over how much happiness they can get at Disney? You really dont believe that can all be controlled by Disney now...do you...?

It really stinks, and even though Disney is a business, I'm still amazed they are making this money for happiness transition. It has to end with pay per FP+, there is no other way they will get a billion dollars back out of this. Let alone the large number of poeple that I beleive will be totally turned off by what a WDW vacation is going to be in a few scant months.

FP+ is part of the larger My Magic initiative. FP+ may go through several changes once it is implemented. I, for one, dont believe that they will ever sell them but I could see them being tied to onsite guests as part of incentive to not stay offsite. And there is a way they make their investment back. Drive more attendance to the parks. That is what they are betting on. yes, there are people that will be unhappy by this change but their are large numbers out there that will look at this as a positive.

And to do this with Diagon Alley being built a few miles away, Transformers is totally built in 6 months, and Disney is close to 2 years into construction on a small, lightly themed family coaster.

I don't see why anyone would be staying on Disney property at this point. How long can they live on past memories. Especially when those memories will be "the good old days, when we got tons of E ticket FPs. FOR FREE".

-R

Please come back around once the FP+ has been in place for 6 months to a year and we can test your predictions. The track record around here on doom and gloom predictions is not very good. See Test Track refurb, serving alcohol at Magic Kingdom, FP enforcement, etc...etc...etc...

No I didnt. In my June trip there were 4 of us and we all went to the FP kiosks together.

No I didnt. In my June trip there were 4 of us and we all went to the FP kiosks together.

So a 4 year old is supposed to stand in a FP line, insert their own ticket and receive their FP? You are a total joke at this point. :badpc:

So a 4 year old is supposed to stand in a FP line, insert their own ticket and receive their FP? You are a total joke at this point. :badpc:

In my world, yes. It is important to me to teach my child that even though you dont agree with rules that you have to follow them. And I prefer to teach my child how to do things for themselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter