Fast passes being enforced

I guess you can do that, if you are with them. It definitely will become more difficult. You can no longer split FPs and split up for a few rides, unless a family pulls from a pool, which would be nice, but I doubt they do that.

It just seems way too complicated, for no good reason.

And who knows, for "security reasons", if a 40 year old man walks through, and the CM's iPad says their band is that of a girl, that could raise a flag, since the CM wouldn't know if the band was stolen. Losing a band will become a BIG DEAL. It becomes similar to you saying it's OK for her to use your admission ticket for the day, even though her finger doesn't match the info on the ticket. Will they allow that?

-R

I know the CMs will have an ipad there with access to the ticket info of everyone using a FP. But if the line slows down to allow time for them to check every person going through the line, then they will have a huge bottleneck on their hands. I don't believe for a moment they will be checking anything other than the fact that the band lights up the Mickey head for everyone passing.

I'll say it again. Let them send me to Disney jail! pirate:

In my world, yes. It is important to me to teach my child that even though you dont agree with rules that you have to follow them. And I prefer to teach my child how to do things for themselves.

We let our 10 year old be the FP runner some of the time on our recent trip. He did a great job.

BUT the more interesting part of this thread has been the discussion about how people that dont work as hard or put in more effort into their touring plans should not be rewarded as those that put in the effort and work. It is interesting that people dont want Disney to reward these people but if they reward these people, by giving them FPs, then nothing is wrong with it.

They fail to see the flawed logic in their position. The irony is lost on them.

Thats not true though. Its simple amusement park logic. If you want to ride the rides with little wait (no matter Disney or some traveling carnival that sets up in parking lot) you get there early. You want a FP? Get there early. I fail to see how Disney is punishing people for getting there late when its a fact of life. If they truly want to eliminate the problem, if that many people complained, simply ditch FP all together, we'll all ride stand by.

so i wonder, does Disney actually define the word 'transferrable' in the 'non-transferable' clause on FP's? i ask because it seems some get on i high horse regarding giving away FP's or heaven forbid, having another person be a FP runner.

does this mean that if you have a Disney tourguide and they do teh FP running for you that is Disney breaking their own 'rules'? i would argue that the 'non-transferable' clause is intended more as a not for resale clause...but i could be wrong, i haven't read the rules of FP lately.

No I didnt. In my June trip there were 4 of us and we all went to the FP kiosks together.

I wonder why all those CMs at the FP kiosk didn't stop all of us rule breakers when 1 person would come up with a hand full of tickets to get FPs. I have even had CMs HELP me break this rule! I believe to be honest having a FP runner is what Disney wanted to happen. The crowds at some of those kiosks would have been even more of a nightmare if everyone in the party had to go.

So congrats on holding yourself even higher than I'm sure Disney wanted you to. And I hope you don't mind being stuck in line behind a family with a 3 year old trying to teaching them how to use the FP kiosk while you stand there and watch the return time tick up and up. And all the other kiosks have a long line.

so i wonder, does Disney actually define the word 'transferrable' in the 'non-transferable' clause on FP's? i ask because it seems some get on i high horse regarding giving away FP's or heaven forbid, having another person be a FP runner.

does this mean that if you have a Disney tourguide and they do teh FP running for you that is Disney breaking their own 'rules'? i would argue that the 'non-transferable' clause is intended more as a not for resale clause...but i could be wrong, i haven't read the rules of FP lately.

I agree. If Disney had a problem with fastpass runners then why do they allow tour group leaders to obtain FP's? (I don't mean just the VIP tour guides, but all tour guides.)

A good number of times, I have had problems with the FP machines not reading tickets properly, and I have stood behind other guests who were getting FP's for their group. No CM has EVER- EVER raised this issue.

Actually, I have heard CM's advise the opposite. When the TSM FP line is busy they tell guests to have only ONE member of each party stand in the fp line.

I also think part of the point of FP+ is to reduce the 'need' for guests to do RD.

The way I understand the value of FP+ from Disney's p.o.v.- the whole purpose is for Disney to increase crowd distrubution - across the whole of WDW property.

Instead of having many folks crowd to TSM in the morning, or one part of MK- those guests can do something else. It's not about punishing anyone. It's about giving you- and everyone the freedom to distribute your time differently. Right now, you choose to do TSM at RD because otherwise you fear you won't get a fp.

What if you could get a fp from your room, your phone, or your home computer before you go? What if you could do something else in the morning and STILL be able to ride TSM at a time of your choosing?

Think about it. Have you ever spent a slow morning in the Pop Century food court? The place is empty at 8am, and jam packed at 8:15am. It quickly empties again. (sometimes later) Guests are unhappy becuase of the rush hour traffic jam in the food court, at the bus stops, at the turnsyles, etc. Three or four parks open at 9am every day. I get that some folks are happy to start their day at 9am, but I'm sure that the way thigns currently stand, folks are reluctant to book morning safari's, 10am breakfasts, archery lessons, or anything else because they know that they will miss getting fastpasses. I certainly would avoid the morning rush if I could. not because I'm ignorant or inexperienced- but because I AM experienced- and dislike the morning crush.

Disney is 'losing' money because crowds and staffing needs are too concentrated.:crowded:

I wonder why all those CMs at the FP kiosk didn't stop all of us rule breakers when 1 person would come up with a hand full of tickets to get FPs. I have even had CMs HELP me break this rule!

I agree with this...when we went I was always the FP puller and took all the KTTW to get them while DH and DD stood on line elsewhere or was sitting down for a few -- and a few times the machine got stuck and a CM came over to help. :confused3

The way I understand the value of FP+ from Disney's p.o.v.- the whole purpose is for Disney to increase crowd distrubution - across the whole of WDW property.

Instead of having many folks crowd to TSM in the morning- those guests can do something else. It's not about punishing anyone. It's about giving you- and everyone the freedom to distribute your time differently. Right now, you choose to do TSM at RD because otherwise you fear you won't get a fp.

What if you could get a fp from your room, your phone, or your home computer before you go? What if you could do something else in the morning and STILL be able to ride TSM at a time of your choosing?

Think about it. Have you ever spent a slow morning in the Pop Century food court? The place is empty at 8am, and jam packed at 8:15am. It quickly empties again. (sometimes later) Guests are unhappy becuase of the rush hour traffic jam in the food court, at the bus stops, at the turnsyles, etc. Three or four parks open at 9am every day. I get that some folks are happy to start their day at 9am, but I'm sure that the way thigns currently stand, folks are reluctant to book morning safari's, 10am breakfasts, archery lessons, or anything else because they know that they will miss getting fastpasses.

Disney is 'losing' money because crowds and staffing needs are too concentrated.:crowded:

This makes sense on paper. But I wonder if EVERYONE will be able to get a FP+ for TSMM for the time they want. We are rope dropers but I would pick a FP+ for late afternoon and head there first thing in the morning to be able to do 2 rides. The non-rope dropers also want an afternoon slot so that they may sleep in. Which party set is going to lose out? Some of both I am sure. We ALL can't have a FP+ for TSMM for the time we want. I see Disney trying to sell it that way but during busy times, it just seems like it is unlikely to happen. Those of us that are RDers don't want morning FP+'s, we know we can get things done in the morning without needing them. Those that like to sleep in don't want morning FP+'s either. They want to sleep in! It just seems to be trading one "problem" for another.

If Disney has been getting increasingly negative feedback from a large portion of their guests that were frustrated with long lines and wait times, then this change could increase the fun of those people.
Where have you seen people saying they felt guilty for getting too many rides? Can you provide examples?

Plenty of folks in this threadhave said on here they would pass up on free FPs offered to them, and that they wanted to make sure late arrivers got rides, so didn't get too many FPs

So a family has no control over how much happiness they can get at Disney? You really dont believe that can all be controlled by Disney now...do you...?

With FP+, I certainly believe Disney is controlling me. They are completely controlling my acces to rides. Oh, wait, there's always standby :rolleyes2

FP+ is part of the larger My Magic initiative. FP+ may go through several changes once it is implemented. I, for one, dont believe that they will ever sell them but I could see them being tied to onsite guests as part of incentive to not stay offsite. And there is a way they make their investment back. Drive more attendance to the parks. That is what they are betting on. yes, there are people that will be unhappy by this change but their are large numbers out there that will look at this as a positive.

There are absolutely some who will be happy they can have one E ticket FP, and can get a parade viewing FP to boot. Disney may well have ran the numbers and decided to focus on the one time visitor, and not care about the fans. We'll see. That could be a brilliant idea, but definitely not a good thing for the average internet Disney forum regular.

Please come back around once the FP+ has been in place for 6 months to a year and we can test your predictions. The track record around here on doom and gloom predictions is not very good. See Test Track refurb, serving alcohol at Magic Kingdom, FP enforcement, etc...etc...etc...

I still see folks saying how they see families upset about FP enforcement. But those families arent' going to be posting on here. Only Disney knows how many upset folks there are every day. And again, they sided with not caring about the turbo WDW visitor, and focus on first timers. They can do that, and I'll go less often. If I, and the other upset folks, keep going as usual, it will just make Disney more confident they can ignore the big fans.

I wonder why all those CMs at the FP kiosk didn't stop all of us rule breakers when 1 person would come up with a hand full of tickets to get FPs. I have even had CMs HELP me break this rule! I believe to be honest having a FP runner is what Disney wanted to happen. The crowds at some of those kiosks would have been even more of a nightmare if everyone in the party had to go.

So congrats on holding yourself even higher than I'm sure Disney wanted you to. And I hope you don't mind being stuck in line behind a family with a 3 year old trying to teaching them how to use the FP kiosk while you stand there and watch the return time tick up and up. And all the other kiosks have a long line.

At TDL, it was expected that there were runners. CMs would be beside the FP machine with a scanner, would take your pile of tickets, fan them out, and run the scanner down them quickly. Your pile of FPs would spit out. NEXT!

-R

Plenty of folks in this threadhave said on here they would pass up on free FPs offered to them, and that they wanted to make sure late arrivers got rides, so didn't get too many FPs

Plenty of folks? Who? Can you provide actual quotes from this thread? Just cause i would not accept a FP given to me doesnt mean in any way I feel guilty.

With FP+, I certainly believe Disney is controlling me. They are completely controlling my acces to rides. Oh, wait, there's always standby

If you feel that way about FP+, no one is forcing you to use it. You are right you could always use the SB line. And Disney has always had ultimate control of their rides as they should. AND through marketing and advertising, people are being controlled in some way, shape or form by Disney. They controlled the old FP- system.

There are absolutely some who will be happy they can have one E ticket FP, and can get a parade viewing FP to boot. Disney may well have ran the numbers and decided to focus on the one time visitor, and not care about the fans. We'll see. That could be a brilliant idea, but definitely not a good thing for the average internet Disney forum regular.

You will find some forum regulars on here that like the proposed changes as well. Of course, the loudest voices are the ones that dont like it. The one time visitor is a Disney fan as well or they wouldnt have come. One of the goals would be to turn the one time visitor into a repeat visitor. If surveys have shown a high rate of dissatisfaction among first time guest who said they would not return then it would be bad business for Disney to not try initiatives to drive attendance and year of year gains.

Also, Disney knows that no matter how much some of the most ardent fans complain about changes, it will not stop them from going to Disney over and over again. They know these guests will adapt to changes eventually and work to use them to their advantage.

I think it is inaccurate to say that Disney doesnt care about the the fans. They still want to sell DVC and APs because of the money to be made

And the predictions may not come true. there may be some things that will improve in the long run that would be a great thing for the "average internet forum user". All guests will benefit in the long run from increased revenue and attendance. This allows for more rides and attractions.

I still see folks saying how they see families upset about FP enforcement. But those families arent' going to be posting on here. Only Disney knows how many upset folks there are every day. And again, they sided with not caring about the turbo WDW visitor, and focus on first timers. They can do that, and I'll go less often. If I, and the other upset folks, keep going as usual, it will just make Disney more confident they can ignore the big fans.

And you have seen a BUNCH of people on these forums that NEVER knew that they could use their FPs late. And some of these are long time park goers who never had the fortune of a CM telling them they could use an FP late.

Disney is not ignoring or being uncaring just because they change the FP system. And they can not ignore the first time user either. They have to grow their business. They are a business and have to do what is best for themselves. It is not like this is an irreversible course. If Disney sees that the whole My Magic+ initiative is not driving the numbers as they forecasted, they can make course corrections along the way. I do agree with those that say that the FP+ system will be tweaked along the way. It is way to early to make any definitive conclusions cause of all the speculation.

And you are right, you are the consumer. You control where your money is spent. Voice your displeasure to Disney. Send them an email

This makes sense on paper. But I wonder if EVERYONE will be able to get a FP+ for TSMM for the time they want. We are rope dropers but I would pick a FP+ for late afternoon and head there first thing in the morning to be able to do 2 rides. The non-rope dropers also want an afternoon slot so that they may sleep in. Which party set is going to lose out? Some of both I am sure. We ALL can't have a FP+ for TSMM for the time we want. I see Disney trying to sell it that way but during busy times, it just seems like it is unlikely to happen. Those of us that are RDers don't want morning FP+'s, we know we can get things done in the morning without needing them. Those that like to sleep in don't want morning FP+'s either. They want to sleep in! It just seems to be trading one "problem" for another.

Not a chance. And this ride is where it will be most interesting.

We are rope droppers too but will be aiming for afternoon slots as well.

Not a chance. And this ride is where it will be most interesting.

We are rope droppers too but will be aiming for afternoon slots as well.

See, I'd actualy prefer eveing time slots for most of the e-rides.

I think a big part of making the whole thign work is actually to get guests away from focusing on the e-rides.

Look at the Disney website. The ads for activites like archery and fishing excursions are much bigger than tey used to be. They are also quickly adding in-park games like the Advetureland pirate game. Those are great because they cost little, but get folks off e-rides. It's also great when folks spend more time doing TS meals, and seeing characters.

As for TSM...It probably will be a log jam for a while....but only as long as it's the newest e-ride in HS. Already the New Fantasyland is the 'newest' thing in WDW- so I'm sure the lure of TSM has been reduced. Not so long ago Mission:SPACE was a huge draw....and EE....TSM is a little special because small kids can ride it.

See, I'd actualy prefer eveing time slots for most of the e-rides.

I think a big part of making the whole thign work is actually to get guests away from focusing on the e-rides.

Look at the Disney website. The ads for activites like archery and fishing excursions are much bigger than tey used to be. They are also quickly adding in-park games like the Advetureland pirate game. Those are great because they cost little, but get folks off e-rides. It's also great when folks spend more time doing TS meals, and seeing characters.

As for TSM...It probably will be a log jam for a while....but only as long as it's the newest e-ride in HS. Already the New Fantasyland is the 'newest' thing in WDW- so I'm sure the lure of TSM has been reduced. Not so long ago Mission:SPACE was a huge draw....and EE....TSM is a little special because small kids can ride it.

I think evenings will be next in line for popularity. If I can't get afternoon I intend to go for evening, depending on the park and my touring plan. I would have to think mornings would go last. Just no tactical advantage to booking morning slots for most people.

I'm quite sure Disney would love to keep guests coming in the gates without building additional E-rides. Getting guests to focus on other things would certainly do that. Tell them I said good luck with that plan.

Yeah, Disney seems to want to do everything to shorten lines EXCEPT build new freakin rides. What is the last E ticket for the whole resort? Everest, with new and improved Disco Yeti?

THe MK's last E ticket was.......I can't even remember, Splash I guess? That can't be right, it's almost 20 years old.

Epcot's was.....Space? Does that even get a line anymore?

The Studios is RnR Coaster? Arguably, TSMM has the allure of an E ticket, but that's becuase it's essentially a Wii+++ game.

Meanwhile, Universal built the mother of all E ticket lands, and threw an E ticket up in 6 months, Transformers. And has another mother of all E ticket land rising.

Meanwhile Disney now offers simplistic semi-virtual games, queues that interest you for a few minutes, a highly themed restaurant, and a second Dumbo? And I don't believe there is a single announced E ticket ride coming to WDW. And if it takes 2.5 years to build the Dwarves mine ride, that means an E ticket is at least 3 years out, if they hold a press conference tomorrow.

The more I think about it, I don't see a reason to return to WDW except nostalgia. And now that I can't relive the nostalgia, because if we only hit the MK one day, it will be physcially impossible to ride everything we used to ride.

I mean, for the BILLION they spent on FP+, they could have built Mordor.

-R

The Studios is RnR Coaster? Arguably, TSMM has the allure of an E ticket, but that's becuase it's essentially a Wii+++ game.

TS(M)M is most definitely an E-ticket.

It does not mean that the ride has to be a mechanical behemoth.
It just has to have a major guest appeal.

But, I do want to concur that WDW parks can use some new E-ticket attractions.

(And, from the previews of the new 7 Dwarf's Mine Coaster in MK, that one looks to be a good one!)

Yeah, Disney seems to want to do everything to shorten lines EXCEPT build new freakin rides. What is the last E ticket for the whole resort? Everest, with new and improved Disco Yeti?

You will need to be more specific because you are making generalized Disney assertions. Are you just talking about WDW? Because you know that DISNEY just opened Carsland in DL.

MK's last E ticket was.......I can't even remember, Splash I guess? That can't be right, it's almost 20 years old.

So I guess the whole Fantasy Land Extension has been a failure in your eyes?

Epcot's was.....Space? Does that even get a line anymore?

Soarin is most definitely an E Ticket attraction. And TT was refurbed lately but apparently people dont like the changes but still would be considered by many to be an E-ticket attraction

The Studios is RnR Coaster? Arguably, TSMM has the allure of an E ticket, but that's because it's essentially a Wii+++ game.

TSMM would be considered an E-Ticket attraction and not because of being a Wii game as you claim but its an attraction that the whole family can enjoy together.

Meanwhile, Universal built the mother of all E ticket lands, and threw an E ticket up in 6 months, Transformers. And has another mother of all E ticket land rising.

Two different demographics. Disney isnt trying to be in an "arms race" with Universal.

Meanwhile Disney now offers simplistic semi-virtual games, queues that interest you for a few minutes, a highly themed restaurant, and a second Dumbo? And I don't believe there is a single announced E ticket ride coming to WDW. And if it takes 2.5 years to build the Dwarves mine ride, that means an E ticket is at least 3 years out, if they hold a press conference tomorrow.

And the guests love Enchanted Story Time with Belle. Be our Guest is booked solid. They have added a second Dumbo and changed the queue waiting scheme. You have no idea whats in the works and how long it would take Disney to build an attraction. You cant extrapolate the time it is taking the Mine Train to be built on any future construction projects. Keep in mind that the Mine Train is not a one off attraction in an existing land. It was part of a new expansion land and the timing of construction may have been delayed as part of a phased opening of other attractions in FLE. You dont have the information base to make those assertions or assumptions. It is definitely not as simplistic as you make it sound.

The more I think about it, I don't see a reason to return to WDW except nostalgia. And now that I can't relive the nostalgia, because if we only hit the MK one day, it will be physcially impossible to ride everything we used to ride.

I mean, for the BILLION they spent on FP+, they could have built Mordor.

-R

Just curious. How old are you? You say "we" in the above. Have you even spent any money on admission?

You mean ride things as much as you used to? Because there are variables in play beyond FP+ that affect how many times one can ride an attraction even now.

They just didnt spend 1 Billion on FP+. It was part of the larger My Magic initiative. Time will bear out on your predictions.

Again, please return once FP+ has been in place for 6 months to a year and lets compare notes then

UNCFanatik said:
In my world, yes. It is important to me to teach my child that even though you dont agree with rules that you have to follow them. And I prefer to teach my child how to do things for themselves.

This is off the topic, but teaching your child to follow every rule, no matter how trivial, is teaching them how not to succeed in life. The key is teaching them which rules are important and to think for themselves when deciding that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter