FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much! I missed (or rather, probably glazed over that) section in the FAQ.

I will do that now, though, thank you.

P.S. What is "rope drop"?
Full description taken from TouringPlans : "Rope drop" is a term that has long been used to describe the time a Walt Disney World theme park opens for the day. At Disney World, an actual rope is not necessarily part of this process, and when it is the rope is not really dropped, it's slowly pulled aside a few minutes before people are allowed to pass"

1. Will the booking window extend until the checkout of the second stay if it is more than 10 days? So lets say I am staying onsite (split) Nov 1-14. On Sept 1 could I book FP through Nov 10 or Nov 14?
  2. I have 5 day tickets linked that are for fewer days than the RO reservations. I intend to upgrade to a 6 day ticket while at the park. Will I be able to make FPs for more than 5 days over the entire span of my visit when my 60+ window opens up?
  3. Some members of my travel party are staying offsite for the first part of the trip. Could I make 60+ day FP reservations for them since we are linked in MDE? If not I suppose I could just add them to my room reservation so long as I don't exceed the occupancy, correct?
TIA!

EDIT - Ignore questions 1 & 2, I found the answers in a different section of the first page. Now to research adding an extra day of tickets prior to arriving at the parks. Still wondering about # 3.

Yes to #3. As long as they are linked to your MDE and you can see their tickets then you will be able to my FPs for them at 60 days. Just had to do this with part of our party too.

Do you HAVE to use three FPs in one park ever day before you can make others? We are doing an early afternoon in Epcot for WS so are really only interested in Frozen. Could I just book Frozen and once that is used, book two day off FPs for MK that evening? (We have park hoppers.)

I guess if not we will just book some early throwaways FPs for epcot for before frozen. Seems such a waste tho.

Do you HAVE to use three FPs in one park ever day before you can make others? We are doing an early afternoon in Epcot for WS so are really only interested in Frozen. Could I just book Frozen and once that is used, book two day off FPs for MK that evening? (We have park hoppers.)

I guess if not we will just book some early throwaways FPs for epcot for before frozen. Seems such a waste tho.

Yes. From the FP FAQ Addendum:
PARK HOPPING

Booking a FP+ for another park while in the first park:

(test credit to @marciemi)

When 3 FP+ are booked for Park #1:
With the new updates to the FP+ system as of April 2016, in addition to booking your 4th FP+ of the day on your phone (instead of a kiosk), you can now book FP+ for a different park than the one you’re in. If you have booked 3 FP+ for the first park, as soon as you scan at the first touchpoint to get in the FP+ line for your third FP+, you can then make a 4th FP+, either for the same park, or for another park. Be sure to allow yourself enough travel time for travel between parks when selecting your time.

When_2 or less FP+ are booked for Park #1:
Additionally, the new changes allow you to book fewer than three FP+ and once you scan the first FP+ (from within the first park), you can at that point make FP+ selections for a different park, even if you still have a FP+ remaining in the first park.

This can be especially helpful for Tiered parks – if for example you wish to hit Epcot at rope drop, use only a Tier 1 FP+ and then still have 2 more FP+ for another park later in the day.

Additionally, there is no restriction on Tier requirements BETWEEN PARKS during one day. So if you use a Tier 1 at Epcot you can then book a second Tier 1 at HS immediately upon scanning – Also, you can even book your remaining two FP+ at two different parks if you would like!

NOTE: Splitting FP+ between parks or booking for another park can NOT be done until the same day, AFTER you have already scanned your card/MB at the first FP+ Mickey head to “prove” to the system that you’re in a park.

You cannot book for 2 different parks in advance or even on the same day until you have scanned your first FP+ (not just gotten into the park).

Back to back room only onsite stays, more guests in 2nd stay: I realize that when I am 60 days out from arrival day of my first stay, I can make FPs for myself through the end of my second stay, but will I be able to make FPs at that time ALSO for the guests that don't arrive until the second stay? All guests for all stays will have 3rd party tickets linked by this point in time for both stays, and all guests will be linked to me as Family and Friends (4 separate MDEs)

Last edited:
Back to back onsite stay, more guests in 2nd stay: I realize that when I am 60 days out from arrival day of my first stay, I can make FPs for myself through the end of my second stay, but will I be able to make FPs at that time ALSO for the guests that don't arrive until the second stay? All guests for all stays will have tickets linked by this point in time for both stays, and all guests will be linked to me as Family and Friends (4 separate MDEs)
Did the guests from the second stay book a package (room+tickets) or did they book room-only then add tickets?

I've been reading reports of package guests not having access to FP booking until 60 days from their arrival date regardless of them being listed as Freinds and Family in the MDE of those arriving earlier. Can anyone confirm this?

Did the guests from the second stay book a package (room+tickets) or did they book room-only then add tickets?

I've been reading reports of package guests not having access to FP booking until 60 days from their arrival date regardless of them being listed as Freinds and Family in the MDE of those arriving earlier. Can anyone confirm this?

Sorry, I should have mentioned both stays are room only, tickets bought from 3rd party and linked. I'll edit original

This is what I have been told. I have this scenario - all listed as Friends/Family in my MDE - 2 booked w/package and 1 only tickets linked to my account. I am going to try for everyone this Saturday when my window opens, but it seems unlikely based on other peoples experiences.

I will report back! :)

I need confirmation on something please:

I have 6 day PH in MDE that I am upgrading to APs on Nov 16th. I have a trip booked in January without tickets, because we are using the APs then. Am I correct that I cannot make January FP until I upgrade to the APs?

This is what I have been told. I have this scenario - all listed as Friends/Family in my MDE - 2 booked w/package and 1 only tickets linked to my account. I am going to try for everyone this Saturday when my window opens, but it seems unlikely based on other peoples experiences.

I will report back! :)

Hi all! As suspected I could not make fast passes for those guests linked to my MDE who booked with packages, will have to do it on their respective days. Luckily I got enough fast passes for FOP on different days to cover us all! :)

Hi all! As suspected I could not make fast passes for those guests linked to my MDE who booked with packages, will have to do it on their respective days. Luckily I got enough fast passes for FOP on different days to cover us all! :)

I hate that for you. Do the experts here feel that this is a package only occurrence--i.e. had Farro's linked friends had a room only reservation and linked 3rd party tickets, that FPs could have been achieved at 60 days for all friends?

I hate that for you. Do the experts here feel that this is a package only occurrence--i.e. had Farro's linked friends had a room only reservation and linked 3rd party tickets, that FPs could have been achieved at 60 days for all friends?

I believe that is true.

When you link in separate tickets, the system knows you have tickets and you can book Fastpasses within the next 30 days, until you reach 60 days from checkin of an on-site stay, then you have the 60 day window.

With packages, you technically don't have ANY tickets in the system until that 60 day point. So they have no ticket associated with them until that time, and therefore can't have Fastpasses.

It would have been nice, but since I was able to get those FOP fast passes on two different days we are covered! Phew! Everything else shouldn't be too bad. Especially since I learned that on their respective days I can go in and do a change party for my fast passes and them add them, hopefully getting us about the same time. I'm flexible, so our times can change to add everyone. :)

I believe that is true.

When you link in separate tickets, the system knows you have tickets and you can book Fastpasses within the next 30 days, until you reach 60 days from checkin of an on-site stay, then you have the 60 day window.

With packages, you technically don't have ANY tickets in the system until that 60 day point. So they have no ticket associated with them until that time, and therefore can't have Fastpasses.
That's correct. This is the only case where linking friends & family gives no benefit for FP booking.

Great thread! Thank you so much to all who contribute for the help!

I believe that this is correct, but want to run it by the experts to be sure before I make any plans. I have two reservations with a travel agent. The main reservation (POR), which has the tickets linked to it, begins Friday, December 8th. We were able to get a much better rate flying in on Tuesday, December 5th than Thursday, so we added days to the front of the trip. We were unable to add these days to the original reservation due to availability, so I booked one night at POP on Orbitz (we don't fly in until 11 pm that night) for Tuesday night, and then the travel agent booked us at FQ for Wednesday, December 6th and Thursday, December 7th, with no tickets. Since these dates are not part of the sale I originally booked, I can't change my tickets to this reservation. The TA told me I wouldn't be able to book FP+s until 60 days prior to the main reservation on the 8th, but from reading this thread, I think she may be incorrect. Am I right that I will be able to book my FP+s 60 days prior to the FQ reservation, BUT will only be able to book them for the dates that include tickets until I pick up my tickets early and then will be able to book for the FQ dates?

Dec 5th- POP through Orbitz, no tickets
Dec 6th and 7th- FQ, no tickets
Dec 8th through 16th- Riverside, 8 day tickets linked

It would cost us $236 to book 10 day PH from Disney vs the 8 day PH sale tickets I am getting from the travel agent and I am trying to decide if the cost is worth it. 60 days prior to the FQ reservation is a Saturday and 60 days prior to the Riverside reservation is a Monday morning. The extra money is worth it to me if it is the only way to book my FP+s two days earlier and, even more importantly, on a Saturday, plus getting the two extra park days. If I am correct, though, and am able to book 60 days prior to the FQ reservation with the travel agency tickets, I will just save the money and take two rest days.

Sorry this is so long! Thank you in advance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter