• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thread! Thank you so much to all who contribute for the help!

I believe that this is correct, but want to run it by the experts to be sure before I make any plans. I have two reservations with a travel agent. The main reservation (POR), which has the tickets linked to it, begins Friday, December 8th. We were able to get a much better rate flying in on Tuesday, December 5th than Thursday, so we added days to the front of the trip. We were unable to add these days to the original reservation due to availability, so I booked one night at POP on Orbitz (we don't fly in until 11 pm that night) for Tuesday night, and then the travel agent booked us at FQ for Wednesday, December 6th and Thursday, December 7th, with no tickets. Since these dates are not part of the sale I originally booked, I can't change my tickets to this reservation. The TA told me I wouldn't be able to book FP+s until 60 days prior to the main reservation on the 8th, but from reading this thread, I think she may be incorrect. Am I right that I will be able to book my FP+s 60 days prior to the FQ reservation, BUT will only be able to book them for the dates that include tickets until I pick up my tickets early and then will be able to book for the FQ dates?

Dec 5th- POP through Orbitz, no tickets
Dec 6th and 7th- FQ, no tickets
Dec 8th through 16th- Riverside, 8 day tickets linked

It would cost us $236 to book 10 day PH from Disney vs the 8 day PH sale tickets I am getting from the travel agent and I am trying to decide if the cost is worth it. 60 days prior to the FQ reservation is a Saturday and 60 days prior to the Riverside reservation is a Monday morning. The extra money is worth it to me if it is the only way to book my FP+s two days earlier and, even more importantly, on a Saturday, plus getting the two extra park days. If I am correct, though, and am able to book 60 days prior to the FQ reservation with the travel agency tickets, I will just save the money and take two rest days.

Sorry this is so long! Thank you in advance!!

I am interpreting your situation to be a split stay with RO (both Pop and POFQ) followed by a package (POR) stay. Assuming that's correct, then the following applies:
RO Stay followed by Package Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first (RO) stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second (package) stay. FPs can be booked for the package stay only; FPs cannot be booked for the room-only stay until tickets are activated at Guest Relations.
This means that you are mostly correct. I believe your 60-day window will open 60 days prior to your Pop reservation and not your POFQ one, so a day earlier than you have guessed. You are correct that you won't be able to make FPs for any days prior to your POR stay, until you arrive on site and activate the POR package tickets early.

So, I'm going on a trip Dec 18- Jan 8 in the campground. We will have 10 day tix, but won't start using until Dec 25. We will also have 2 MVMCP tix that will use within the first few days. Will I be able to schedule 12 different days of FPs 60 days out from my check in date? I think i have to schedule my MVMCP FPs between 4-7 right?
thanks

Thanks, mesaboy2! Yes, you are correct that it is two RO stays followed by the package stay and that is exactly the part of your FAQ I read to make me believe I was correct. I haven't been able to link my Pop reservation (stupid Orbitz reservation number!), which is why I was going off the FQ date. I really appreciate your help! Two extra days when trying to get Flight of Passage FP+s are a big deal. Now I am off to find out how to link Orbitz reservations. :)

Onsite RO Stay followed by Offsite Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the onsite RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the onsite RO stay. Additionally, the booking window will roll forward (a “rolling 60”) each day beyond the onsite RO checkout date until the guest checks out of the onsite resort. This assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.

I read this and just want to make sure I understand correctly, if someone can clarify for me I would really appreciate it! I already have a room only onsite reservation for Nov 8, checking out Nov 9, and then staying offsite Nov 9 - Nov 14. I am planning on buying 3-day park hopper tickets and linking to my RO reservation, but we will not be going to the parks until Nov 11. Will we be able to book our FP according the the "rolling 60" rule even though we will check out of our onsite reservation before we use our tickets?

Just clarifying, but can you not get a FP for FOF parade anymore? I don't see it in the list on the first page.

So, I'm going on a trip Dec 18- Jan 8 in the campground. We will have 10 day tix, but won't start using until Dec 25. We will also have 2 MVMCP tix that will use within the first few days. Will I be able to schedule 12 different days of FPs 60 days out from my check in date? I think i have to schedule my MVMCP FPs between 4-7 right?
thanks

could someone clarify this for me? am I correct? thanks.

Almost all guests go on trips less than 2 weeks long. Since your trip is 3 weeks long, there is not a lot of data to go off of. By virtue of your 10-day tickets, you should be able to select FPs for any 10 days of your trip.

The two MVMCP tickets are harder to predict, because Disney is changing the way MK transitions from regular park hours to party hours this year. It may be possible to schedule 3, only 2, or none with party tickets between 4:00p and 7:00p depending on what they do. We may know more in the next two weeks or so, stay tuned.

Well, my travel agent was right! Stay up late (midnight) or try early (6 am) for those FOP FP! I was up after midnight last night and managed to snag one for my DH and stepD! It's not until 7:00, but that's ok, because we have reserved seating for ROL. I am so happy that I could get it! It's the only one that I was missing.

Your FP booking window will open for the first 14 days of your trip. Then the window will roll forward each day - you'll be able to book for the length of your ticket although you'll need to wait for your window to roll for some of your park days.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...al-tier-1-booking-fps-for-long-stays.3538258/

I don't think anyone knows about booking FPs using MVMCP tickets this year.

I'm a little confused. I thought FP booking opened at 7 a.m. EST? Then what's this talk of midnight I see? (Because I'd much prefer to do that!)

Second question just to verify something: We have one hotel/package reservation for my family of four. My parents are also staying the same days at the same resort (we booked them all at once) and I have both reservations and all the people linked to my MDE account. I can make Fastpasses for all six of us, right? Because my parents have no desire (or much ability) to try wrangling the app or website and we are trying to stay more or less together.

Has anyone had any luck with getting rock n' roller coaster as a fourth fastpass? And how much does single rider cut down on the wait time for that attraction?

I'm a little confused. I thought FP booking opened at 7 a.m. EST? Then what's this talk of midnight I see? (Because I'd much prefer to do that!)

Second question just to verify something: We have one hotel/package reservation for my family of four. My parents are also staying the same days at the same resort (we booked them all at once) and I have both reservations and all the people linked to my MDE account. I can make Fastpasses for all six of us, right? Because my parents have no desire (or much ability) to try wrangling the app or website and we are trying to stay more or less together.

Sorry for any confusion. FP booking window definitely opens at 7 AM EST. I was not able to get FOP 60 days out, so my TA told me to check at midnight and 6am for the best chance of getting it and I did!

Sorry for any confusion. FP booking window definitely opens at 7 AM EST. I was not able to get FOP 60 days out, so my TA told me to check at midnight and 6am for the best chance of getting it and I did!

OOOh! That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying! :)

I'm far more a night owl than a morning lark, so that would have been awesome. ;)

We only have a one night reservation onsite, so will have a rolling 60 days to book the rest of our days. Our checkin is Oct. 27 but we aren't making any reservations until Oct. 29.

Figured that our 60 days out for Oct. 27 would be Aug.28 and it would let us book for Oct. 27. However, yesterday on August 28 we were allowed to book for Oct. 28.

Today, we figured that would mean that we could book for Oct. 29 but the calendar has not advanced a day to Oct. 29. Is that because staying onsite for 1 night with a 5 day ticket opened the booking window for two days?

Any ideas? This shouldn't be that confusing.

For people that are at the 60 day mark, what date exactly were you allowed to book today?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter