Fat Girls Walking Club

Keri,

Great to meet you!

another MI girl!! Maybe we'll have to meet up at the Zoo sometime! It is so awesome there!

I did the Borgess 5K on Saturday with a friend. She is not a runner so we walked it in 51 minutes with a pretty constant 17 minute mile pace. The sad thing was we came in 10 seconds AFTER the 89 year old man!! Talk about an ego bruiser!! But it gave us something to look forward to when we turn 89!

I'm getting really psyched up for my next 5K which is NEXT Saturday!! I hope to run this one and do better than my Princess 5K time (42 minutes). It is so nice running outside now that the weather is beautiful!!

Have a great week everyone and keep moving forward!

Chris,

I'm currently enjoying my asics! I have a wide foot and somewhat flat feet.

I got fitted at my local running store (Gazelle Sports if you need to know Keri! I think they have a place in battle creek too..) There are AWESOME at what they do! They even let me put them on and run outside to get a good feel!!

If your starting a walking/running program I definitely recommend you get fitted for shoes! They will help keep your feet from getting sore and help deter shin splints!

If you cant afford them from the specialty store, get fitted, write down the name and model, and then go shopping online to find a better deal!

Nikki,
Congrats on your 5k. Remember that at least you finished it, regardless of who you finished behind. I mean, think about it wouldn't you like to still be participating in events like this at 89? I will say that until about 5 years ago that would have been my grandfather, only he'd be running. He had a few races that he had friends join him on who were much younger and he'd come in much earlier, talk about discouraging, lol.

Anyways thanks for the heads up on the shoe store. A former classmate of mine back in Washington use to regularly get fitted for her running shoes. Makes sense to do it as you want comfy feet.

Question: It's raining outside, how do you remain motivated to workout? At this point I'll need to do something after work (6:30 ish), whether it's in the rain or on the eliptical. But I need to get motivated to do something on rainy days.

Part of me thinks that I got my lifes fill of rainy day workouts back during the winters of 04/05 and 05/06. Too many muddy soccer games and practices. Enough mud that our girls soccer teams were banned from the lockerr oom, lol.

Rangerpooh,
As you know from living in WA. If I didn't exercise because of rain and crapola weather I wouldn't be able to exercise nine months out of the year. :lmao:
Therefore I exercise 5-6 days a week regardless of weather. If it is to crappy outside I call a friend and go to the gym and hit the treadmill. When I started exercising again regularly in the beginning some days I had to force myself regardless of how I felt. :rolleyes1

Lace 'em up ladies! :cool2:
Chris

After days of rain and little energy to get movng I got moving today. I did 50 minutes of exercise! I even did some jogging on the elipital in small increments. I'm left with a happy feel today :)

I got out and did some exercising this weekend too!! I ran from my house to my moms house in 45 minutes!! It is about 3.6 miles away.

I had her drive me back home though because there was no was I was walking/running back!

Congrats on getting out and moving!! The rain always brings me down! I'm glad it is gone now!

I have my next race on Saturday up in Grand Rapids and am shooting for a 40 minute race!

:stitch: 'Ohana Monday Mixer :stitch:

Responses to this week's prompt can be posted on the 'Ohana team thread, and starts here.

Free advice, it's worth what you paid for it. Then again, sometimes the best things in life are free. You decide in this week's mixer prompt.

Share with us some memorable advice you've received.

Your advice can be related to training or races. It can focus on healthy habits or be "life" advice. It can be the best advice you've ever received, the worst, or the most profound. It can be helpful tips that helped you as a WISHer and athlete. Or it can be simply the funniest, most useless, or totally inappropriate for a situation. Just so long as it's memorable.

And just like M & Ms, don't feel restricted to just one piece....

Good luck on your race Nikki. It looks like it'll be cooler and a chance of rain, hopefully it doesn't get too wet out on the course.

Keri

Thank you so much!!! There has been some slight confusion however, and I"m now doing another walk. I'm going to try to change it in the AM but I don't think it will happen. There was ANOTHER Nicole Miller who picked up my number and really messed things up. They said I couldn't do the run because I would mess her time up (well what about my time?) But they could sign me up for the walk because it is a different race category and there wouldn't be two "of me" in it.

Well I did my 3rd 5k!!!

My friend and I walked it in 47 minutes!! which is A LOT faster than the last one I walked!

It rained and was not too nice, but after the 1st mile it stopped!!

Keep on moving ladies!!

Well there has been no running for me this week!

I went in Tuesday to get a wart frozen off (which I have done before) my foot.

On Wednesday morning I could not walk because the blood blister was SO LARGE! It looked like I had half of a golf ball sticking out from the bottom of my foot.

I talked with the nurse on Wed and she said this was normal......humm...

Thursday it hurt even worse and I couldn't walk at all so I put myself on crutches. I again called the doctors office and spoke with the nurse and told her I was in 10/10 pain and was on crutches. She again said it was normal and to take some advil.

I had been taking the max dosage of advil and it wasn't touching my pain. My mom, who is an OB/GYN, called me in Vicodin, which barley touched the pain. My mom didn't think it looked normal to her so she brought home a needle and syringe and drained it last night. It feels SO MUCH BETTER now! I can walk, kinda a limp, but don't need curthces anymore! I have today off of work and will be resting my foot.

How are you ladies doing? I hope your week has been better than mine!

Nikki I hope your foot is feeling better! It sounds like it was thanks to your mom your doing better. :hug:

I just finished week 4 of C25K x2. I decided to run week 4 two weeks in a row due to the 3 minute run 90 second walk then 5 minute run x2. Week 4 was a tough week for me. I feel strong and am ready for week 5 now.

I have my first local fun run tomorrow. Poulsbo Viking Fest Fun Run it's only a one miler. I was very excited to pick up my race number and packet after work today. :banana: I am also hoping it doesn't rain tomorrow, it suppose to be nice but... well you can never predict the weather here in the Pacific NW.

Everyone have a great weekend!
Onto C25K week 5
Walk On & Lace 'em up! :cool2:
Chris

tolemommy,

Good luck on your race!!! I can't wait to hear how you did! It sounds like a fun race to me! I am doing better and almost walking normal. The blister keeps filling up and I keep draining it.....I'm just praying that I do not get an infection!

"A good film is when the price of the dinner, the theatre admission and the babysitter were worth it." ~Alfred Hitchcock

By now, most of you have figured out I like movies. A lot. Perhaps an unhealthy amount. Nevertheless, I think it's fun to talk about movies, especially now that the summer season has started. Wolverine has been released, so has Star Trek, with many more big blockbusters soon to come.

So this week's mixer topic is, predictably enough, summer movies! The start of the mixer, posted on the 'Ohana thread, is here.

What summer movies are you looking most forward to, and why? Also, how do you like your summer movies?

Feel free to talk about how you choose your flicks: based on directors, your favorite movie star, a beloved genre? And what is your ideal movie experience? Midnight movies or matinees? Chain theaters or independents? Drive-ins? What about the movie-going extras? With or without snacks? Buttered popcorn or chocolate?

"A good film is when the price of the dinner, the theatre admission and the babysitter were worth it." ~Alfred Hitchcock

By now, most of you have figured out I like movies. A lot. Perhaps an unhealthy amount. Nevertheless, I think it's fun to talk about movies, especially now that the summer season has started. Wolverine has been released, so has Star Trek, with many more big blockbusters soon to come.

So this week's mixer topic is, predictably enough, summer movies! The start of the mixer, posted on the 'Ohana thread, is here.

What summer movies are you looking most forward to, and why? Also, how do you like your summer movies?

Feel free to talk about how you choose your flicks: based on directors, your favorite movie star, a beloved genre? And what is your ideal movie experience? Midnight movies or matinees? Chain theaters or independents? Drive-ins? What about the movie-going extras? With or without snacks? Buttered popcorn or chocolate?

Hello All,
Sorry for the late race post. It was a total blast. I ran the Viking Fest Fun Run w/my C25K class, we ran the one mile course. Wasn't bad at all.

My time was 10:15 and I came in 249th out of ??? :thumbsup2 It didn't rain, and the sun actually was shining & it was warm, woo hoo.

Loads of kids walking & running w/their parents, strollers, very family friendly, and nice course to run on. This big group of Parker Paint people were doing the fun run & asked me to take a group picture of them, they had matching Parker Paint shirts on, ok the smart alec in me couldn't pass this up, so instead of having them say cheese, I told them all to say Kelly Moore paint. :laughing: I got boo'd by them, then they all laughed. Stupid me left my camera at home, what was I thinking.

All and all I am very proud of my time and my next goal is to run a mile in nine plus minutes and to survive week five of C25K... day three twenty minute run :scared1:. I completed day one of week 5 last night onto day two tomorrow.

You all ROCK!
Lace 'em ladies!
Chris

Hey gang......can I join the club??????

Although I am pooh sized trying to get down some weight before I tackle the Goofy in January.

Look forward to getting to know you all.

Kim

Hi, everyone, can I join too? Two summers ago I had lost 80 lbs in the past six months and walked my first 5K that August. Since then:mad:...

So I'm getting back on the horse! Would love to do the half marathon and the mini tri "eventually" (SOON!). I think I even have a copy of M4M gathering dust "somewhere"... Off to find it!

PoohPlus sized,
Terri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter