• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite BWV Restaurant?

aDVCguy

"Have itch...MUST see Mouse!"
:banana:
We'll be @ BWV in 2/06...just wondering which eateries are
your favorites there and why. Also, how far of a walk is it to the
World Pavillion @ Epcot?
THANKS!

We love Flying Fish. the food is great and the service is wonderful! We love the atmosphere! If you don't like fish they have a killer steak that my DH gets everytime!

We just spent a week at BCV and went to BWV for many meals. We found SPOODLES late in the week and we all thought it was the best there! 4 adults, 2 children under 2 - had fabulous meal and great atmosphere. We also enjoyed Flying Fish - it was not quite as relaxed as Spoodles but the food was OUTSTANDING. You can't go wrong with either one!

We loved Spoodles. Great Mediterranean-style food and a little something for everyone.

The walk to Epcot's World Showcase is about 5-10 min. depending on speed, and it's an easy stroll. Or you can take the boat from the BWV dock. We found it's actually faster to walk.

DisFlan

If you go to Epcot the Coral Reef for dinner is great. My daughter and I had the steak and it was to die for..... :cloud9:

Our favorite restaurant at BW is Flying Fish. The restaurants at the Y&BC are also only a few minutes away, our fav over there is the Yachtsman Steakhouse. And over at the Dolphin, Shulas.

We has a great meal at the Flying Fish Cafe and we also really enjoyed Spoodles :)

The Boardwalk area is a great place for fine dining. The Flying Fish is the closest restaurant and it is excellent. Spoodles is next to the Flying Fish and is also very good. The Yachtsman, a steak house, is at the Yacht Club, less than a 10 minute walk. At the Swan you have Palio's, a great Italian restaurant that is often overlooked. AT the Dolphin you have Blue Zoo, this is a fish restaurant run by Todd English, it's excellent. You also have Shula's Steak House, I've never been there, I find the Yachtsman to fill my needs. Along with all this you have the Boardwalk Bakery for breakfast.

As others have said, the walk to Epcot is very short about 2/10 of a mile. The walk around the whole lake is only .8 miles and this will take you from Boardwalk to the Swan and Dolphin, to the Yacht Club then Beach Club and then ESPN and back to the Boardwalk.

Our 3 favorite restaurants at WDW .. not just BW ..

Spoodles
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Flying Fish

When we stay somewhere other then the BW area, we really miss the closeness of these places. But you will find us at them every trip! :)

My FAVORITE was the Bakery! Wow! They had some really great stuff.

We were there a month ago and walked to Epcot. We beat the boat and we were walking at a moderate pace. If your tired the boat can get you there at a slow pace. (There is a ferry you can take over - they come and go about every 15 mins). Usually walking is faster.

I didn't think it is a mile from the BWV to Epcot. It took us about 8-9 mins with a 5 year old and we dawdled.

Bakery rocks! Also go to the confectionary on Main Street - its super yummy and super cheap...for WDW anyway. Yum yum...

:flower:

The bakery is my favorite too. But if people insist on eating more "healthy", I go to Chefs de France.

I agree with Todd English's Blue Zoo (at the Dolphin) as a suggestion for "fine dining". It's primarily seafood, and they are very creative. My daughter got a wonderful filet there, but there are two better steak places nearby. (Shula's and the Yachtsman Steak House) Wonderful fresh seafood and the restaurant design is breathtaking. A lot of special touches. Not a kid's place, but we enjoy it very much.

I think this depends on what you are looking for.

Favorite, hands down for us is the Flying Fish. But its more frou frou than we want for ALL our meals.

Spoodles is good and casual

Haven't been to ESPN or the Big River Brewing Company

Beaches and Cream over at Y&BC is popular - we weren't impressed, but plenty of other people are - warning, its small.

Then the other restaurants mentioned - from Blue Zoo to Cape May.....at the resorts within walking distance. And the World Showcase restaurants a ten minute walk away (maybe fifteen if you book dinner in Mexico).

The Flying Fish is excellent.. ESPN is great for wings and burgers.

We also love Cape May Cafe for the Clam Bake dinner and the Yachtsman Galley for breakfast.

The Yachtsman Steak House is also very very good!!

Steve :wave2:

Towncrier said:
I heard from a CM that it was a mile around the lake.
The resorts advertise the walk around the lake as being .8 miles. If it's a mile that's not a big difference and it just means that I'm doing 4 miles per morning before breakfast as opposed to 3.2 miles. I feel much healthier now.

ESPN is great if you don't mind noise(or have kids that cause noise :) ). I enjoyed the steak and garlic mash potatoes.

Flying Fish is my most favorite restaurant at Disney. ESPN is great for lunch-good burgers, wings, and fries. Yachtsman Steakhouse (in the YC) is also a favorite. Cape May Cafe at the BC (for dinner and breakfast) are "must-dos" for us. We are trying Spoodles for breakfast for the 1st time in Dec-can't comment on it yet! Beaches and Cream (at the BC) is great for lunch also and has great ice cream. The Boardwalk Bakery is a great place to grab breakfast before getting on the boat to MGM or walking to Epcot. I have never tried Big River. Several friends of ours have told us the food was not that great-they loved the beer however. I can't wait to try Blue Zoo-our friends LOVED it and I have read awesome reviews on it. DH and I would love to try Shula's-we are waiting until DD3 is old enough for the kid club at the BC! We take the kids to every other restaurant we go to, they love to eat out.
The food choices are the main reason we LOVE the Epcot resorts. Plus, you can walk into Epcot and then you have all those choices too. We also take to boat to MGM for Brown Derby one night every trip. The hardest part for us is narrowing down our choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter