Favorite Castaway Cay Port Adventure

What is your favorite Castaway Cay Port Adventure?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does the walking and kayaking excursion really take 3-3.5 hours? DH and I would love to do it, but we’re not sure the kids will handle Scuttles Cove for that long!

This is not on your list, but we rented the Hobie cat and my son was able to take us sailing. I believe you have to have some sailing experience. My son had been sailing since he was young. It was fun. There isn't a big area you are permitted to go, but it was fun going back and forth and we did get close to the ship to take some amazing photos.

But they should have a warning with this, although some people think they can sail, it's different when you're out there. I think some people think that if they've been in a sail boat and they know the parts and how it works, they'll be okay. But in the hour we were out, we saw quite a few being towed back. It was also quite windy, which my son said was perfect sailing weather, but it could be overwhelming if you don't know how to sail. My son took sailing lessons since he was 7 or 8 and by the time we went on it, he's been sailing for several years. Otherwise, I don't think I would have done it.

Anyways, if you love to sail and you're confident in it, it's actually a lot of fun. The rest of us didn't know how to sail so we just enjoyed the ride, with the occasional ducking or get hit by the sail. :)

Is voting done? There is no link on top to vote. But we really like renting the bikes (for early morning rides) and the floats (more than the tubes).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter