Feb Half Term - Day 1 - day 2 - Day 3 - Day 4 - Last day now added- Complete!

Disneyfanswicklow

Disney Fanatic!
https://picasaweb.google.com/sheehy.jo/Disneyland2011?authkey=Gv1sRgCLLi3MnA1bPXIw&feat=directlink

Hopefully the thingy above will take you to my photos don't know how to get single ones on!

At last the day has arrived! although it is 3am we are all up the minute the alarm goes off (big change from usual alarm waking!) Quick showers all around and it is time to head to the airport. After an uneventful journey we were checked in and sitting down to breakfast before boarding our flight which left on time. After arriving at Terminal 1 we went to the designated gate for the VEA - oops it was out of order and we had to walk a way to find an open gate, a bit of a panic to find where the VEA went from as there was some construction work all along the usual spot - a nice French taxi driver showed us we should be at stop J. VEA shuttle arrived within minutes and took us to a waiting bus. 40 minutes later we were at our hotel and checking in. There was a q (the first of many on this trip) but it moved extremely quickly as more staff popped out to the check-in desk. We were greeted by a very friendly gentleman who looked up our reservation and asked me which of the girls was the birthday girl, I pointed to our eldest and he wished her a very happy birthday and then gave a big grin and said there were a few surprises for us....we had been upgraded to the Empire State Club - WOW - I was stunned as I had stayed here last year but could not afford it this year as we were now 4 adults. Our room was not ready so we were invited to the lounge for coffee and given our tickets for the park along with our vouchers for dinner and lunch). We headed up to the lounge and took a little time out
IMG_2044.jpg

then hit the parks - first stop was pirates - a q of 35 minutes later we had our first ride under our belt, then it was time for our lunch reservation at Blue Lagoon - oh my God this was fabulous - brilliant service and the food divine - we all declared it to be our best meal yet (we had yet to have our Walts meal that just surpassed this one later in the week). Needless to say in my excitement I completely forgot to take photos! After lunch we set off for our first ride on big thunder mountain - we were glad to have fastpasses as the q time was 65 minutes :eek: we adrenalin junkies headed directly to Indiana Jones - just a short wait with fastpass, then over to dh favourite Phantom Manor - 60 minute q! but it moved steadily and it seemed we were on in no time it was brilliant and we enjoyed a walk through the grave yard. we headed over to Fantasyland and could not believe how busy it was! we fastpassed Peter Pan (Q was 90 minutes) then did snow white and Pinochio - long waits for both. We sadly passed Dumbo as the q was extremely long we reckoned we would do that and tea cups in EMH time. Small World was as charming as ever and the line moved quickly. We decided that as the parks were so busy we would head over to get our room key and avail of the afternoon tea. Our room was gorgeous - lake view
IMG_2028.jpg

and one of the beds covered in Birthday Balloons and a lovely gift wrapped Mickey mug :thumbsup2 dd was delighted with herself and threw herself onto the bed in delight!
IMG_2027.jpg

The afternoon tea was even better than I remembered
IMG_2035.jpg

IMG_2034.jpg

and we got some lovely relaxation time and were able to hone our plans for the next few days (this was badly needed as the parks remained very busy throughout our stay!). It had started to rain as we made our way back to the park and this helped thin the crowds a little so we were able to ride space mountain and star tours in quick succession and Buzz with fastpass - Autopia was not to be 90 minute q. Headed back to Thunder mountain and rode again by now it was getting dark and the parks looked magical from the runaway train - we just had to ride again (Thank God for fastpass!). We were all becoming very tired and decided to call it a day and head back to the hotel to shower for dinner at Annette's (waited 40 minutes to get in :scared1:) the meal was fabulous as always - we fell into bed and set the alarm for 7 as we had breakfast reservation for 8 at Cafe Mickey. More soon and I will try to upload some photos!

great first day. that must have been such a nice surprise lol. cant wait for more

I love reading trip reports especially as I know you were there the same time as us. It was busy wasnt it.
I would love to try Empire State one time-how fabulous to get it as a surprise upgrade.

It was busy wasnt it.
I would love to try Empire State one time-how fabulous to get it as a surprise upgrade.

I have never in all my years going seen it so busy! The Empire State is lovely and a total surprise for this trip! I stayed there last year as it was me travelling alone for 1st time with youngest dd but could not afford it this year - so the upgrade was a very pleasant surprise! I was talking to one of the staff in the empire lounge and she said Disney often upgrade if the lounge is not full - she said it is usually to people who have not been empire state before to let them try it!

Aaah thats lovely! A great start to your visit, your DD must have been delited! cant wait to read more!
did you try photobucket for uploading your pics? its slow but it works most of the time!

We slept like logs in our very comfy beds and were awoken by Mickey Mouse himself on the phone, all up and showered for our 8am breakfast slot at Cafe Mickey. No q's and we were led to a table in the conservatory part which I was initially worried about (some may recall our lack of characters last time we were seated here) but turned out fine as we had plenty of visitors!

IMG_2051.jpg

IMG_2052.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2059.jpg

After a lovely breakfast it was time for dh & dd1 to head to Paris on the train :lmao: while dd2 and I headed for the last hour of EMH - we could not believe the q's already 40mins wait for buzz :scared1: we got to ride space mountain before it was time to get to the studios for playland rope drop and run like mad to parachutes! we were one of the first in line for this ride (thanks fellow disers for the advice) we liked this ride but did not find it too scary! next we headed for RC Racer - 30 minutes wait - omg we just love this ride and decided to q again even though it was now showing a 40 min wait - it was so worth it! We then headed for slinky dog and waited 40 minutes to ride him - a nice gentle ride but fun! We then took our time to wander around playland and admire how well themed the whole area is - we were very impressed!

IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

IMG_2063.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

We headed to Toad Hall for lunch which was surprisingly not too busy and we managed to get a nice window table to eat our double fish and chip lunch - divine!

IMG_2071.jpg

We had seen earlier that Story Book Land and the Casey's Petite Train were open and we had never managed to ride these in all the years we have been visiting DLRP! so of course we headed there - not much of a wait for Storybook Land which is a nice gentle boat ride - I found the moving platform hard to navigate (nobody else seemed to have a difficulty though!) I almost got down on hands and knees to get across and was like a 90 year old trying to board the boat! we both thought this was a nice little ride with some nice touches.

IMG_2075.jpg

We headed then for Casey - the q did not look too bad until we had been on it for 10 minutes and rounded a corner to be greeted by a huge snake of a q!:scared1: we decided to wait it out as we figured the q's were bad everywhere, it inched along really slowly - the ride itself is nice a fast enough paced train that takes you for a ride for about 2 minutes - one we won't be q-ing for again! but nice to say we have at last ridden all the DLRP rides! we did small world again before leaving a very packed fantasyland and rode Big Thunder X 2 (thankfully because it was broken down for the rest of our stay). We headed for the studios to find huge q's everywhere so rode the ones with fastpass and then took in Cinemagique which was fabulous and then Animagique which again was fantastic - the q's were no better so fastpassed tot and rarc once more before visiting Stitch Live - we had never bothered with this before as we thought it for very young ones - we were really impressed it was great! We just about had time for one more ride on TOT before the studios closed and as we were walking out at 7pm dd noticed people running towards Crush (the q's were way too long to contemplate riding this all day) she asked me if we could run too - I humoured her thinking to myself not a chance - imagine how thrilled we were to discover them letting people q - we joined in and after only 30 minutes got to get our first ride of this year on Crush - it was as awesome as ever! they were unloading and loading really fast at that time too. When we got out the studios were deserted and we got some nice photos!

IMG_2087.jpg

It was now time to head back for a refreshing cuppa in the lounge before getting ready to meet the others for dinner in the Parkside Diner. We had a lovely meal with lots of choice very friendly wait staff. There were some amazing butter sculptures too! The others claimed to have had a great day in Paris (we felt it could not have been as good as ours!).

IMG_2096.jpg

IMG_2098.jpg

IMG_2104.jpg

IMG_2102.jpg

IMG_2096.jpg

Time to once again fall into bed with the alarm set for 7am breakfast so that we could do extra magic hours!

More soon!

Fantastic!:thumbsup2 Can't wait to hear what else you got up to.

We were there this week too!

Really interested in reading about the Empire state rooms at the HNY - we are already considering it for next year!:)

Fantastic!:thumbsup2 Can't wait to hear what else you got up to.

We were there this week too!

Really interested in reading about the Empire state rooms at the HNY - we are already considering it for next year!:)

Hi - The Empire State is really fantastic and was especially useful when it was cold and busy - we took the time to go back for the afternoon tea - my photos do not do it justice! There is a fabulous spread of cakes, bread, pastries, pancakes, fruit cups, choc mousse with hot and cold beverages and the lounge is really nicely decorated and the staff lovely and friendly. If you have children they put out board games and jigsaws to entertain the young ones while you eat! You get breakfast there too and get characters visiting and because there are very few tables you get some brilliant interaction with them. You get robes and slippers in room and a lovely turn-down service with chocolate coins on your pillow. The rooms are exactly the same as standard rooms but have a n espresso machine for coffee and a kettle and tea service and a nice touch of a fresh rose in your bathroom each day!

You have got some really lovely family photos there! :goodvibes

Shame it's not anyone's birthday when we go to HNY - would love an upgrade!! :cloud9:

I know what you mean about the Storybook Cruise moving platform thingy - very disconcerting ;) Great that you got to ride everything now! :thumbsup2

lovely photos!!! Nice TR. It was a wonderful start for your DLP visit. great!!!:banana:

An early waking for dd2 and I as we wanted to do EMH - headed for the empire state breakfast lounge and were greeted by Minnie
IMG_2110.jpg

IMG_2111.jpg

After a lovely breakfast we headed to the Parks and again could not believe the crowds we headed over to Fantasy land where with a bit of qing managed to do Carousel, teacups, peter pan

IMG_2114.jpg

We got to Playland after rope drop but still managed to ride RC Racer X 2 with a bit of a q for second go, we then qed for parachutes and could not resist slinky dog. We did TOT and RARC with fastpass and by then it was time for lunch - we decided on the quick lunch in Walts Olivia had the Kid's soup, fish and choc mousse while I had the Risotto and gourmand coffee - all yummy!

IMG_2117.jpg

IMG_2119.jpg

IMG_2120.jpg

IMG_2121.jpg

Headed over to Frontier Land and rode Phantom Manor then headed for Big Thunder - oops it was broken down and we could see where the train had got stuck!

IMG_2126.jpg

There were lots of cms walking along the tracks - all different outfits from various other rides could not see what was happening but we never saw Big Thunder working again for the rest of our stay :confused:

IMG_2133.jpg

We took a ride on the Mark Twain and really enjoyed it - you get lovely views out over the parks from the top deck!

IMG_2130.jpg

IMG_2135.jpg

After a couple of rides on Indiana via fastpass we headed back to the hotel for a rest and a warming cuppa (it was cold and wet today) before the parade.

It was still raining when we got back to the Park but that did not stop the crowd taking up positions along the parade route - we got a good spot just inside the park and really enjoyed it! The crowd were all happily singing and clapping along and the princesses danced right in front of us - dd2 was delighted to be singled out by Aurora

IMG_2158.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

We headed back to the studios to ride all our favourites again and be in position for the smaller q at 7 (we hoped) for Crush! Yay we were lucky again just a 20 minute wait and we were on - result!

Time to head back to the hotel to get ready for meeting up with the others after their day in Paris and head for Cafe mickey. We did of course go back to the lounge for yet another hot chocolate!

We were surprised to see a huge line outside Cafe Mickey - we had 9pm reservation and arrived at 8.50 but it was 9.30 before we finally got in - having waited patiently in the cold and rain! Once inside all thoughts left our heads when we saw the characters roll upto our table - the food was lovely too !

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2174.jpg

IMG_2178.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2200.jpg

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2205.jpg

Chip and Dale were very naughty adding extra salt to dh soup and overfilling my water - but great fun!

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

This meal was the best character interaction we have had at Cafe Mickey and we all really had a fantastic time and enjoyed the food too!

Tired and happy we skipped back to the hotel where dh & I had a glowtini - forgot the camera but it was lovely! we arrived upto the room to find the girls fast asleep, we set the alarm for 6.30 for breakfast at 7 and were asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillows!

More soon

More fantastic photos!:thumbsup2

I keep looking to see if I'm in the background of any of your photos!:lmao:

Wow, you've made a great start to your trippie already! Oh how I miss the HNY, not sure how I'm going to cope walking past it on my way from SL this year :rotfl:
Empire State Club looks amazing! Hope that one day I can wrangle an upgrade (or, erm, afford it!)
Can't wait for the rest - loving your photos, looks like the whole family is having a fantastic time.

Another great trip report getting me all excited for our trip yippeee!!! :goodvibes

I love the shiny red autograph book - do you remember how much they are? Also did they have any other shiny colours? :)

What a great trip report and great luck getting upgraded:goodvibes. I would love to stay in the hotel new york but we need 2 rooms now which makes it too expensive for us.

HNY is on next years wish/trip list if we manage to squeeze one in after our wedding!
love the idea of high tea and all the sweets and bits look lovely!
ye got loads done even with the huge crowds
will be back to read the rest next weekend! :thumbsup2

Another great trip report getting me all excited for our trip yippeee!!! :goodvibes

I love the shiny red autograph book - do you remember how much they are? Also did they have any other shiny colours? :)

Only saw red and it was 12 euros - Ollie loved it and has already matched each signature to photos!

kizzabel
will be back to read the rest next weekend!

Have a fabulous trip! looking forward to your trip report!

Oh I'll... ahem... I mean DS will definately be getting one of the shiny autograph books :rotfl: Can I ask what shop you got it in or did they all have them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter