Ferry from Epcot to MGM??

CynJ

Caffeinated Insomniac
I was just looking at some of the park maps - can we really take the ferry from Epcot to MGM? Is it practical timewise??? Any thoughts?

Yes, you can, although it stops at the Y&B Clubs, BW, and S&D before heading to Epcot. It can make for a long trip, but we have done it before. :) I forget how much time it really took up, though.

You could also walk, going out of the International Gateway, over the BW, and along their walkway to MGM, although this takes a long time I believe.

Does anyone know specific times as to how long these take?

The walk took us about 15 mins. We were walking at a moderate rate with no kids and it was mid day so we were not wore out yet from walking in the parks. I may be wrong but I believe to take the boat you have to switch boats at Y & B or Boardwalk. Time wise I think you can save 30 to 45 mins by walking. That is if you include the amount of time you may be waiting on the boats at the various stops.

As of last year, you did not have to change boats to get from one park to the other. I think it took between 30-45 minutes to commute by boat, including time to wait for the boat at the dock. Given the option, I think I would walk unless I was already worn out from the parks.

Tim E.
Dreamfinder's Other Concoction

The walk is a nice one - cut to the left and go past Boardwalk and then follow the walkway along the water.

If it is hot or you are tired the boat is a nice ride. You will go from Epcot to Boardwalk to Yacht & Beach to Swan & Dolphin to MGM.

Another option is to walk halfway to Swan/Dolphin and take the MGM boat from there - then you won't have any stops.

Boat from Epcot to MGM ?
Sounds great :)

We have a DS who is 9 and a DD who is 6.

I bet they would get a kick out of boat transportation
(think of it like a ride) and
they could do a snack sitting down before we go to another Park.

Thanks for the hint ;)

The boat travels from International Gateway from Epcot to BW, then to YC/BC, then to S/D, then to MGM; takes about 35 to 40 minutes. Coming back from MGM takes the same time as it does the same stops in opposite order (S/D, then YC/BC, then BW, then Epcot). Walk from Epcot to MGM takes about 25 to 30 minutes normal pace. Fastest way is to walk from Epcot to S/D boat dock (10 minutes) and take boat from there to MGM (8 minutes).

From Epcot to MGM I'd say the walk is 30 minutes (moderate pace, with kids and a stroller). We walked from BC to MGM last trip and it took almost that long. The boat would probably take a little bit longer (depending on how long you have to wait at the dock for a boat to arrive).

Last month, I timed the boat from MGM to EPCOT. By the time it left the dock at MGM, until it docked at the International Gateway at EPCOT, it took 24 minutes. This didn't include the wait and loading and unloading. We stayed on the same boat.

we did this!! We went from MGM to Yacht and Beach resort, ate at Beaches and Cream, then walked to Epcot. It was a nice rest!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter