Few HHI ?s

JENR

Disney Addict
Thinking about trying HHI next year. What is a good month to go weather wise? Defenitely want it to be warm enough for the beach and pool . Thinking maybe May/June. What airport would we fly into?

Thinking about trying HHI next year. What is a good month to go weather wise? Defenitely want it to be warm enough for the beach and pool . Thinking maybe May/June. What airport would we fly into?

May is probably good... still might be some bad weeks. June/July are perfect. and probably August/September.... though September is much like May.... might be some bad weeks. So since you mentioned June... I would pick June... Go early before many of the school systems let out... There you go... first week of June. :thumbsup2 I just had to talk it through.

As far as what airport, Savannah is your best bet, very easy to get out of also. It's about 45 minutes away. The next closest is Charleston-I don't know how it is, but I'll let ya know after Thanksgiving, because we're flying in there this time (fares out of Savannah were just too expensive!). I think that's about 90 minutes. The third closest is probably Jacksonville, but now you're getting into driving 3 hours or so.

As far as what airport, Savannah is your best bet, very easy to get out of also. It's about 45 minutes away. The next closest is Charleston-I don't know how it is, but I'll let ya know after Thanksgiving, because we're flying in there this time (fares out of Savannah were just too expensive!). I think that's about 90 minutes. The third closest is probably Jacksonville, but now you're getting into driving 3 hours or so.

I would count on more like 2 hours from Charleston. The airport is north of the city and you either have to take the scenic route (two lanes much of the way) or go pretty far out of your way to take the Interstate.

Columbia, SC is also about 2 hours away. The Atlanta airport is probably about 4-1/2 hours... all Interstate, so it's an easy drive, but pretty desolate along the way. :drive:

Columbia is more like 2.5 hours (we have to drive through there to get to HH). Sav. is your best bet if possible (and not too expensive). You can also fly directly into HH if you don't mind connecting w/ a smaller airplane.

The ocean is pretty cold for swimming in May, and even early June, especially if there's been a lot of rain which is often typical. I would aim for August---the last 2 weeks of the month things really empty out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter