Fires?

We are about 10 miles south of Disneyland and it is smoky here. :(

Hollywood area is apparently VERY smoky.

News reports are cautioning people with heart and lung conditions to stay indoors and run an air conditioner (if it has a HEPA filter) instead of opening windows

Last edited:
We waited until nighttime to go to DLR today. It wasn't as bad as I feared. I have asthma, but after sunset, the air quality improved enough that I was able to swing dance for one set in DTD. Don't think I would have been able to do that earlier in the day, but at night, it wasn't too terrible.

Any updates on how things are this morning at DLR? We arrive this week so just wondering what to expect?

Today appears more clear than yesterday. Set for winds again tomorrow which will blow some of it out. There is a warning on my app *unhealthy air quality for sensitive groups*. Even with the fires, the air quality is better than Utah in the winter where we wouldn't see the sun or blue skies for weeks on end due to the *inversion* or smog.

We have been here the past two days. The air has been fine, blue skies and doesn’t smell like smoke. We are coming from Napa, where the air is bad so we can’t go outside.

I was at DL yesterday and there was no trace of the fires; no smell of smoke at all. However, I was in Hollywood Saturday night and I could smell the smoke distinctly. I was about five miles from Universal, which is closer to the fires than I was. So you'll almost certainly smell smoke while you're there and you may even see some. Last year there was another fire west of me and I went to my doctor in Encino. That was scary because I could see and smell smoke clearly and ash and various things fell all around me. It was very bracing; very chilling.

Air at Disneyland Resort is fine. The fires are in Ventura County almost 70miles to the north. Fires are blowing away from SoCal anyway.

how is the air quality driving down I-5 from northern California? looks like driving down the coast on 101 is not an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter