First attraction at DL during EMH with a toddler

Yes, we'll have a stroller. I haven't been to DL in about 5 years, and never with a stroller, so this should be interesting...

Just look for other strollers and park yours next to them. I actually love going to DL with my stroller because I just wear a tiny crossbody bag for my money, ID, AP and phone, and I can leave all my crap under the stroller!

Yes, we'll have a stroller. I haven't been to DL in about 5 years, and never with a stroller, so this should be interesting...

and that is what concerns me about your last visit in 5 years. PP first thing in the morning is very unDisney with crowd management. That stroller line/pile grows fast and can at times extend all the way back to the castle, folks grabbing kids, valuables, etc, creates a bulge into the main pathway....not a great way to start the morning.

and that is what concerns me about your last visit in 5 years. PP first thing in the morning is very unDisney with crowd management. That stroller line/pile grows fast and can at times extend all the way back to the castle, folks grabbing kids, valuables, etc, creates a bulge into the main pathway....not a great way to start the morning.
Right. I definitely don't want to start the day stressed so it's probably not even worth trying to do. Whenever we end up in FL, I'll take a look at the PP line just in case, but I won't plan on us being able to get on. We'll probably do Alice first instead, then hit up the rest of the FL rides before we hit Nemo and ToonTown.

Depending on timing maybe we'll book a MaxPass or two for us adults. MaxPass.... rider swap.... this is all so new to me!

Right. I definitely don't want to start the day stressed so it's probably not even worth trying to do. Whenever we end up in FL, I'll take a look at the PP line just in case, but I won't plan on us being able to get on. We'll probably do Alice first instead, then hit up the rest of the FL rides before we hit Nemo and ToonTown.

Depending on timing maybe we'll book a MaxPass or two for us adults. MaxPass.... rider swap.... this is all so new to me!

Two things: first, just FYI and you might already know this but Toontown doesn't open until one hour after regular park opening, so two hours after EMH. Also, they do a cute little opening where some characters come to the gate and will walk into Toontown with the kids, very sweet. If you head immediately to Mickey or Minnies house there will be almost no line to meet them.

Next, if you are using rider switch know that you only need one FP per ride. One person rides with FP and the other person gets a riders switch pass on their ticket with a return a short while after the first person rides. You go up together to the FP line, get the switch on the other person's ticket and then the FP rider proceeds into the line and you can go do whatever until they are done.

Because you don't need two FP per ride you can hold double the fastpasses, a nice perk.

Wondering if they advice differs for a 3.5 and 6.5 yo on a Monday non EMH? I’m conflicted whether to do Fantasy land or tomorrow land first. We have five days so nbd which is which. I suspect my 6 yo will not be impressed with fantasy land rides. DH going too so we could split up and use maxpass.

Wondering if they advice differs for a 3.5 and 6.5 yo on a Monday non EMH? I’m conflicted whether to do Fantasy land or tomorrow land first. We have five days so nbd which is which. I suspect my 6 yo will not be impressed with fantasy land rides. DH going too so we could split up and use maxpass.

I usually do FL early in the morning or not at all as it just gets more and more crowded the longer the day goes on. Sometimes you get lucky though with a low-crowd day. So maybe you could do one land early one day and switch on another day. If you do TL first you will have to spilt up somewhat as your 3.5 year old won't be able to ride Space Mountain (and possibly not Star Tours depending on how tall he/she is). But you could do a lot of rides there together (Buzz, Nemo, Astro Orbiters, Autopia). Nemo actually gets really crowded as the day goes on so it's nice to do it in the morning. I wouldn't do it first thing though as it's a long time and would eat up a lot of time.

if you son has never been to fantasyland, then he will enjoy for sure the toad and alice ride and dumbo has self control lever that he might like also

I usually do FL early in the morning or not at all as it just gets more and more crowded the longer the day goes on. Sometimes you get lucky though with a low-crowd day. So maybe you could do one land early one day and switch on another day. If you do TL first you will have to spilt up somewhat as your 3.5 year old won't be able to ride Space Mountain (and possibly not Star Tours depending on how tall he/she is). But you could do a lot of rides there together (Buzz, Nemo, Astro Orbiters, Autopia). Nemo actually gets really crowded as the day goes on so it's nice to do it in the morning. I wouldn't do it first thing though as it's a long time and would eat up a lot of time.
Awesome. Thank you. I like your recommendation to alternate lands for early mornings. Nemo was low on my priority list anyway as I lean towards claustrophobia. This will be their second time at Disneyland, the first time the only FL ride we went on was iasw and my new thrill ride seeker 5 yo kept asking why it was so slow. Lol.

Two things: first, just FYI and you might already know this but Toontown doesn't open until one hour after regular park opening, so two hours after EMH. Also, they do a cute little opening where some characters come to the gate and will walk into Toontown with the kids, very sweet. If you head immediately to Mickey or Minnies house there will be almost no line to meet them.

Next, if you are using rider switch know that you only need one FP per ride. One person rides with FP and the other person gets a riders switch pass on their ticket with a return a short while after the first person rides. You go up together to the FP line, get the switch on the other person's ticket and then the FP rider proceeds into the line and you can go do whatever until they are done.

Because you don't need two FP per ride you can hold double the fastpasses, a nice perk.
Yes, I did know that--I just have no idea how long it's going to take us to get through rides. Not because of lines, but because of a distracted toddler, etc. My plan is to be there right when it opens to go to Mickey and Minnie's houses :earsboy:

Thanks for explaining FP with rider switch--I am still sort of confused about how rider swap is going to work. I'm sure it's much easier in practice than it seems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter