First DVC Trip - EPCOT Resorts - Learned A lot

I am worried about the lack of CS at BWV, but I also think it is something we can overcome. :) We have staked at AKL and it is a walk to Mara but that is one of my favorite parts of the day - walking through the resort to get some coffee/hot chocolate and then moseying back. Also the kitchen I think will change som of my eating habits for brakfast.

What is The Screen Door?

~Amanda

After reading the posts over the years of 'no CS at BWV' and 'have to walk outside to get to the stores', I was prepared for the worse when we went for the first time in Feb. However I found it not that bad. Maybe my expectations were lowered completely by the DIS. True we didn't all get our food from the same place; DD11 from the To Go stand, Me and DD5 from the pizza window and DH from the Boardwalk Bakery. We didn't get breakfast out (grabed some stuff from the store) so I could see it being much worse in the morning.

My major complaint is that there is no food at the pool except a couple pre-made sandwiches. I really hated trapzing in my bathing suit with my wet girls to the Boardwalk to get them lunch one day. Maybe those sandwiches were OK but all I could imagine was soggy sandwiches in plastic wrap.

I agree that the store at the Beach Club is a tremendous addition to the DVC there, but BWV is still our favorite place to stay (fewer points!!!). My DW and I usually have something in the room and then an early lunch or breakfast at the park. The coffee at the Bakery is not worth waiting for. ;) We still take advantage of the BCV store by stopping on our way back from the parks for the gelato and walking or boating back to BWV. :goodvibes

The BelleVue Lounge is very nice for drinks, but only open seasonally for a continental breakfast. My pet peeve is that the coffee kiosk (Broadway Joe's) that has better coffee is never open in the morning. :( Even though it is outside, most of the walk there is covered.

My DW and I were hoping that when they closed the DVC Showrooms at BWV that they would add a TS coffee/snack shop, but they decided to make more rooms for sale instead. Big surprise!

I can't believe that they will close ESPN. It attracts so many people and provides BW entertainment. It strikes me that Atlantic Dance is far more underutilized and more likely to house something else.

It is strange that there is no CS at one of the most popular locations on property. I certainly hope they make this change. I would love a great sandwich place at the pool bar. :thumbsup2

Our first time at BWV will be Feb 08. I ABSOLUTELY cannot LIVE in the mornings without my Arnold Palmer!!!! For those who aren't familiar, that's an unsweetened iced tea mixed with lemonade. Do all you BWV experts know where at BWV I might be able to get one made in the mornings? I know, I'm high maintanence and should just drink coffee like everyone else:sad2: !!! If need be I can just add lemon juice and Splenda to some iced tea. I did that every morning at CSR's Pepper Market bc they didn't have lemonade.

We were at the quiet pool at BWV and wanted something to eat. We had several counter service credits we needed to use or lose. We ended up going all the way over to Hurricane Hannah's at the Beach Club in our bathing suits to get something to eat as nothing on the Boardwalk appealed to us. We LOVE the BWV but feel they are really lacking in this area. There really should be more options at the pool along with a refillable drink station. Also, I always feel the bartenders at Leaping Libations expect a tip for refilling mugs........:confused3

I agree that the store at the Beach Club is a tremendous addition to the DVC there, but BWV is still our favorite place to stay (fewer points!!!). My DW and I usually have something in the room and then an early lunch or breakfast at the park. The coffee at the Bakery is not worth waiting for. ;) We still take advantage of the BCV store by stopping on our way back from the parks for the gelato and walking or boating back to BWV. :goodvibes

The BelleVue Lounge is very nice for drinks, but only open seasonally for a continental breakfast. My pet peeve is that the coffee kiosk (Broadway Joe's) that has better coffee is never open in the morning. :( Even though it is outside, most of the walk there is covered.

My DW and I were hoping that when they closed the DVC Showrooms at BWV that they would add a TS coffee/snack shop, but they decided to make more rooms for sale instead. Big surprise!

I can't believe that they will close ESPN. It attracts so many people and provides BW entertainment. It strikes me that Atlantic Dance is far more underutilized and more likely to house something else.

Everytime we have stayed at BWV, the BelleVue Lounge has been open in the morning. They serve bagels, danish, cereal, milk, coffee, etc. Beautiful area to eat breakfast inside and a balcony with seating outside.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter