First Seabourn cruise TR where inflatable kiddie pools, Cerberus heatwave &"would you like some sparkling with your apple juice" happened ;)

Thanks for writing this. I have mainly sailed on Disney (14) but did 1 Viking ocean cruise before we had our DD who is now 3 and 1 Royal Caribbean. I am always looking for information about new cruises.
Sorry there were rude people. If no kids is so important to them they should cruise on lines that have a no kids allowed policy like Viking or Virgin.

Thanks for writing this. I have mainly sailed on Disney (14) but did 1 Viking ocean cruise before we had our DD who is now 3 and 1 Royal Caribbean. I am always looking for information about new cruises.
Sorry there were rude people. If no kids is so important to them they should cruise on lines that have a no kids allowed policy like Viking or Virgin.
Thanks for joining in! I promise I'm getting back into it :)

I agree about Viking/Virgin Voyages we had actually considered both (although more Virgin Voyages). You don't really see many kids on Seabourn so I'm guessing people just got so used to it, but 100% agree no need for rudeness. We did meet other lovely passengers so aside from that drama in general people were nice 🙂

Day 2 Kotor and Perast, Montenegro
To get to Kotor, Montenegro it’s about a 2 hour journey in through the bay. As I mentioned we did in-room breakfast due to the excursion. Before the breakfast came I took some photos on our journey into the Bay.

1696110109778.png

1696110126485.png
1696110141888.png
1696110157456.png

Breakfast with a view
1696110210471.png

Even though we were on a time crunch we did make sure to enjoy breakfast and the ambiance. Everything was so quiet and peaceful that early in the morning. While I have so many photos I really enjoy this one it just brings me right back into how beautiful the landscape was of Montenegro.

This was a port where we docked. The ship isn’t truly all that big in comparison to the trend these days but it still looked big up against the dock. There’s not really a way I could imagine a huge ship docked here although one might have. The Bay also has a narrow part that I could see being an issue for larger ships

1696110724685.png

1696110743702.png

Once our small group all got off the ship we were met with our tour guide. I would say of all our tour guides she was the most knowledgeable, that’s not to say others were but she really immersed herself in it and you could tell she really enjoyed it. Kotor seemed to be an up and coming tourist place, she spoke of how much more airBNB’s were compared to the past.

We eventually got on a coach bus after a few minute walk that took us to our first stop of the day which was Perast. Perast is located about 20mins by a curvy road following the coast line from Kotor. Originally it was planned to go to Old Towne Kotor first but the tour guide suggested in advance of us meeting to switch the order. Perast and its main attraction get busy very fast and it ended up being the right move to go to it first.

Once we reached Perast we stopped a bit ahead of where we needed to be because the coach bus was too big to get down there but it was an easy walk. The heat hadn’t quite set in just yet but it was getting there.

Here’s the Perast Museum which is housed in the Bujovic Palace
1696110852008.png

1696110880919.png

Although we did not go inside our tour guide gave us some background into it, most of us huddled under the shade next to the building while listening to her. She went over that the builders were Venetians hailed as a hero to Perast and that it's main part was built in the mid-1600s, later there were some things added on. She told us about the fueds between the Bujovic (builders) and Zmajević families. In the 1950s the palace was turned over to Perast by the owners at the time and was made into their museum.

As we walked along the coast you can see how Perast is attracting tourists with their Instagram ready signs. We didn’t have enough time to stop to take one of us in it with the intended angle but was at least able to capture this shot
1696112084649.png

Here’s a photo of just the coastline with the buildings
1696112166285.png

Our destination was an island in the middle of the Bay called Gospa od Skrpjela or Our Lady of the Rock. To get there you take a small boat, ordinarily you would have to pay for this boat ride but this was part out our tour.

On the way to the island (which doesn’t take long to get there) I took some photos

Here you can see one of the types of boats used to get people to and from the island, this was pretty much what our boat was
1696112504846.png
1696112543833.png

Right by Gospa is Saint George island which is an active monastery and not one you can visit without being invited (so tourists are not really going there)
1696112578095.png

And here’s our destination
1696112614394.png

Before being given some history our tour guide let us roam the outside for about 10 mins or so. This gave people a chance to take some photos and walk around a bit. Thankfully it was not busy at this time.
1696112645783.png
1696112665574.png

1696112698989.png

1696112724151.png

My husband really liked this photo with being able to get the sun just right behind the church part
1696112759365.png
1696112851164.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter