Fisrt hour of blended trifocals!!! :(

daannzzz

OMG...Theres my favorite scrambled
Okay. I just got my new glasses. blended trifocals. I was very aware that they are difficult at first and that lots of people don;t like them but other do. I feel like I have a stiff neck. You cannot move your eyes around because the actual clearly focusing areas are so small. I never had glasses that were blurry on the sides. Is it safe for your eyes to be constantly shifting focus through these different contours and going from blurry to clear. You have to hold your head just right to see properly through each section. Sheesh!!!!! I can't wait to drive in them.

yikes sounds scary... uhh what freeway are you going to be on so I can stay off ;) LOL

Hope you can adjust soon!!

daannzzz

I worked in optics for years and we always told our new "blended" trifocal wearers to use the old glasses for the rest of the day and to put the new ones on first thing in the morning. The adjustment would be alot easier. Good Luck!

Thanks. It just seems so odd. While looking at my computer it is nice and crisp and clear looking :) but if I move my head slightly sideways it gets blury. I really want this to work but it seemed easier with the older glasses to just pull them down onto the bridge of my nose for close up!!! ;) I am willing to work with them though. I can adapt fairly well. I do think I will take them off and try them in the morning. Thanks again.

OH NO!!!!!!!!!! I am gtting use to them. I put my old pair back on and they are already blurry and terrible!!! I guess this is a good sign.

oops ..... well ........ I'm glad the new ones are working - good luck I bet you do fine :D

I think I'll have the blended margarita, Thanks. Good luck with the trikes!

I feel like I have had a couple of blended drinks!!!
Preshi... It will be Freeway 101. Santa Clara / Sunnyvale but only for 3 miles. I have a short commute. ;)

on in the morning after you wake up......I have bi focals and my perscription one year went really bad.....so he said...do not put these on now....wait until tomorrow morning and it was like someone had opening the lights in the room for me.....so I do that whenever I get a new lense differnce....

My oldest sister had trifocals, and they drove her nuts. She ended up giving them up. Personally, I'd rather have 3 pairs of eyeglasses. LOL! It's not hard for me to change them.

I hope that by now things are going better for you. I just wanted to offer my sympathy. I have blended bifocals instead of getting trifocals. They were difficult for the 1st couple hours (made me dizzy) & then occasionally for the next day or two. Now I like them!

Good luck!

Deb

We will see how it goes. Spending the day at the computer has been okay. But when I get up and walk it doesn't seem right that the floor looks unclear and fuzzy. My friend swears by them. I will see if I can make this work.

I have lined tri's and enjoy them fine. Just takes a day or so to get used to them. Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter